Senate passes same-sex marriage bill with bipartisan support

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Good point.
Virtue signaling. Anything that substitutes for true virtue.
The world loves their own.
If you believe sin ain't sin, then your resistance to sin makes no sense.

But, if you can see homosexuality for what it is -- an unnatural perversion -- then it starts to make more sense. And, even then, our call is not to hate them, but to love them to Christ, without approving of their sexual lifestyle.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Imagine... I'm sure the Pharisees felt the same towards Jesus.
He performed miracles, but because He did them on a Saturday (their sabbath), He could not have come from God. That's the kind of maniacal resistance we see here.

If you don't love what God calls an abomination, then you're a bigot! Fine... humans can judge me, but it's God's judgment that matters. But, in the meantime, if you attempt to violate my natural rights to practice my beliefs, which includes not participating or aiding sinful behavior, then you will start something you may not be prepared to finish.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I worked as a Veterinarian's Technician and when I went in for the interview prior to being hired, he had posted a list of qualifications and disqualifications that he required. Mind you that this was not in his office. This was a large sign posted that took up the entire area below the counter so every patient's owner could read it while sitting in the waiting room. The number one disqualification in bold was, "No homosexuals (slang) need apply!"
😄
That makes no sense to me. Honestly, I would say that this guy had a problem he was unwilling to face. But, that's just my opinion. I'd have no problem hiring a gay man or woman if they did their jobs competently and did not flaunt their sexual dispositions. I wouldn't tolerate that from a promiscuous heterosexual. Besides, how else could they see Christ's love if they're denied an opportunity to see it?

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
The Godless argument that Christians should never hate is a Red Herring/ Scarecrow method of controlling the debate. That's why the trolls throw us a "love is love" or "hate is not a family value" bumper sticker at us. There are things that Christians should hate and should discriminate about.

The queers attack peaceful Christians for not endorsing them, and talk like they are the ones so loving. Like Alex said, maybe they love boys a little too much. They have a queer definition for love.
This is how the LGPDQHIV crowd shows love.
They scream obscenities at families with young children as they enter their churches and threaten to do things that can't be repeated as they leave. They vandalize Thier churches and use explosives to demonstrate their "love " for Christ and His people. If that's what someone defends, like that socK puppet Scarecrow that was finally banned, good riddance. Anyone who takes the side of queers over Christians needs to find a Queer forum instead of trolling Christian ones IMHO.
That speaks about Scarecrow's moral compass. Maybe that's where he slithered off to.
Agree. We are to hate sin, hate evil, hate all things that God hates. But at the same time we do not have the seat of judgment for salvation. So even though we hate sin, the only way to save people is in truth and love. Truth may hurt but it can be reinforced with love. Unfortunately but fortunate for salvation Jesus was crucified. Why? Isn't He the standard of love? Isn't he the sinless one? Yes and yes but the Godless define love differently. They define love as tolerance in less it is something that the powers at be do not want to tolerate.

Just as Peter said we obey God rather than men but at the same time Paul says to obey GOOD government. We obey when laws are righteous and just. We disobey if they cause us to sin or go against God. We need discernment because even Jesus said render to Caesar what is Caesars.

Even Jesus was accused of being from Satan which is the same tactics of the Godless today.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
He performed miracles, but because He did them on a Saturday (their sabbath), He could not have come from God. That's the kind of maniacal resistance we see here.

If you don't love what God calls an abomination, then you're a bigot! Fine... humans can judge me, but it's God's judgment that matters. But, in the meantime, if you attempt to violate my natural rights to practice my beliefs, which includes not participating or aiding sinful behavior, then you will start something you may not be prepared to finish.
Ironically, the godless think that clamping down on the Godly will make it go away but in God's sovereignty it actually spreads it faster.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
If you want companies to be able to refuse to hire gay people does that mean I can start a business and refuse to hire christians? Fair is fair right?
Of course you can. Family run businesses and small businesses are not under the same laws that corporations with over 100 employees have.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
I worked as a Veterinarian's Technician and when I went in for the interview prior to being hired, he had posted a list of qualifications and disqualifications that he required. Mind you that this was not in his office. This was a large sign posted that took up the entire area below the counter so every patient's owner could read it while sitting in the waiting room. The number one disqualification in bold was, "No homosexuals (slang) need apply!"
😄

In Scripture God himself pointed out that IF Israel obeyed he would bless them,if not well then there are multitudes of examples of punishments we have seen from the captivity in Assyria to Babylon and the destruction of the Temple in AD70 as well as others. The flood overtook the earth as we know and Adam and Eve were driven out of the garden. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed and Babylon fell to Persia and was then overtaken by Alexander. All of these and others were both judged or blessed at times and I never lifted a finger but instead they were all judged by the Almighty God.

The judgment of the Almighty God doesn't seem to slumber but instead seems to have it's eye set on watching who sins in every manner. There is no sin I think in warning of this after all we have examples in Scripture of Holy men,Prophets,Seer's,Judges and even Jesus himself and the Apostles both warning against sin and the punishment to come to those who do not pay heed. The Lord my God has never needed me to lift a finger and so all I have to offer is my voice. Be not an brawler nor a mean man,curse not,nor riot in the night. Judgment will fall upon us all, both the homosexual,the murder and the mean man alike. These days will pass and judgment will come and the kings and the judges and the nations will be looked upon and judged both the Christian and non Christian alike.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
That makes no sense to me. Honestly, I would say that this guy had a problem he was unwilling to face. But, that's just my opinion. I'd have no problem hiring a gay man or woman if they did their jobs competently and did not flaunt their sexual dispositions. I wouldn't tolerate that from a promiscuous heterosexual. Besides, how else could they see Christ's love if they're denied an opportunity to see it?
I don't think Doc was interested in paying homosexuals to show them God's love, not that he was even a believer. He was expecting to get more labor out of his employees than he paid us. I can't speak to why he had the sign with that printed bigger than advertising his products, but I thought it was funny.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
So you would force churches to hire gay clergy?

What about non-profit like Samaritan's purse?

What about Hobby Lobby who wants to promote a Christian business? What about Chic Fil A? By the way they still hire gay people but they have to dress a certain way and behave a certain way.

Also there are plenty of organizations that will hire LGBT people while many organizations that also harrass Christians/Conservative beliefs forcing them out. (CNN, old Twitter, Hollywood, Disney, etc)
I wouldn't go as far as the forest church is to hire LGBT people if they don't want to but they should be able to get a job at non-religious organizations without any problems

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Don't believe churchss or religious organizations should be forced to hire LGBT people if they don't want to I also don't believe churches should be forced to perform same-sex marriages. That's what the courthouse is for. I just don't think somebody should be fired from Walmart for being gay

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Biggest gripe is with the people who want to use legislation to force their religious views on others.
Same-sex couples pay taxes like everyone else and should be afforded the same privileges as any other tax paying citizen.
You know who doesn't pay taxes? Churches so if they want to start influencing lawmaking, they need to start paying taxes like everyone else

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
In Scripture God himself pointed out that IF Israel obeyed he would bless them,if not well then there are multitudes of examples of punishments we have seen from the captivity in Assyria to Babylon and the destruction of the Temple in AD70 as well as others. The flood overtook the earth as we know and Adam and Eve were driven out of the garden. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed and Babylon fell to Persia and was then overtaken by Alexander. All of these and others were both judged or blessed at times and I never lifted a finger but instead they were all judged by the Almighty God.

The judgment of the Almighty God doesn't seem to slumber but instead seems to have it's eye set on watching who sins in every manner. There is no sin I think in warning of this after all we have examples in Scripture of Holy men,Prophets,Seer's,Judges and even Jesus himself and the Apostles both warning against sin and the punishment to come to those who do not pay heed. The Lord my God has never needed me to lift a finger and so all I have to offer is my voice. Be not an brawler nor a mean man,curse not,nor riot in the night. Judgment will fall upon us all, both the homosexual,the murder and the mean man alike. These days will pass and judgment will come and the kings and the judges and the nations will be looked upon and judged both the Christian and non Christian alike.
Jesus talked about those who would be condemned and those would not be condemned.

"“He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

John 3:18, 36

Salvation is a different subject from my old boss not wanting to hire anyone with the morals of a sodomite working in his office or home, which was in the same building. He spoke his voice, as you agree, I presume. He even put it in writing.
The Bible was clear on both topics of salvation and of hiring though.
O.T. God's people were to not allow the Sodomites in their land. He blessed King Asa and His people for the following.

"And Asa did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, as did David his father. And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made. "
I King's 15:11-12

And good king Josiah...
"And he brake down the houses of the sodomites."

There weren't many examples of good kings who did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, but these two were a couple of the best examples, albeit imperfect.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I wouldn't go as far as the forest church is to hire LGBT people if they don't want to but they should be able to get a job at non-religious organizations without any problems
Then you believe in discrimination to a certain degree.