She/He seems nice but....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
To answer the original question, I agree with Tintin. Be straightforward, but kind.

An experience to show why it's actually less painful to do it that way:
My college had a week in February called TWIRP week (The Woman Is Required To Pay) where it was the girl's turn to ask the guy out on a date. There were prizes for most creative date, least expensive date, etc.

My freshman year, I had a major crush on this one guy. After the Bible study that we both went to, I got up the guts to ask him if he'd be my TWIRP date. That was back in my not-a-lot-of-confidence days so to do this was HUGE for me.

His response was basically that he'd try to fit me in if he could, because him and another guy friend were trying to see how many girls would ask them and making it a competition of sorts. My view of him plummeted after he said that and my crush on him pretty much stopped immediately, which never happens with me. Seriously, just tell me "No, I already have a date, thanks for asking though!" or even "No, thanks." Needless to say, I just told him never mind. I didn't want to be one of many in his silly, self-centered competition, thankyouverymuch. He was probably the president of the "How to Make a Girl NOT Feel Special" club. :rolleyes:

Though, the experience did show me just how nerve-wracking it can be to ask someone (that's the only time I've ever done it). My respect for guys went up a few notches after that! Well, not for him. But for guys in general. :eek:

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
I guess this is the other side of why I rarely ask women out.

If I ask a woman out, its because I know her enough to believe that I want to make her feel special and that she has my full attention.

However, some women, want to go out with me to get to know me.

And so we reach an impasse where, I do not know enough to be remotely captivated into asking them out and they are not going to reveal anything more about themselves until I do.

Stalemate, Cats Game, touche, Draw.

I therefore cannot make them feel special because then that would be lying because in fact they are not special. And the whole dating arrangement is arbitrary.

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
Oh wow Rachel that is crazy... good on you for telling him not to bother. Blergh...

Yeah I know what you mean Liamson. I think I'm a bit the same, I'd rather know enough about someone to know I'm interested before doing anything. But then it isn't always easy to get to know certain people haha. :) Most probably are though.