Sheriff Andy Taylor of Mayberry Under Investigation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
Sheriff Andy Taylor of Mayberry, North Carolina, is being investigated for improper incarceration of a prisoner, for leaving Otis Campbell in the county jail unattended.

“Otis had the key, for crying out loud! He was never in any danger,” stated the sheriff in his own defense.

“Doesn’t matter,” rebuffed Clyde Hillings of the American Civil Liberties Union. “It is unacceptable to leave a prisoner unattended in a jail cell.”

If found guilty, Taylor could be relieved of duty.

C

carpetmanswife

but ..but ...sheriff andy is my hero :(
we gotta start a petition

Dec 19, 2009
First, we need to raise some money to hire a good lawyer.

Aunt Bea fainted when she heard the news and is resting comfortably in the Mayberry hospital.

W

warrior_of_light

Deputy Bernard Fife was unable to be reached for comment.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Im pushin for the death penalty on this one

C

carpetmanswife

its all Obamas fault!! * shakes fist* BLASTED!!!!

Dec 19, 2009
Floyd Lawson, a barber in Mayberry, suffered a nervous breakdown and was also admitted to the hospital. “This is just awful! Awful!” he kept muttering. Lawson is reputably a close friend of Sheriff Taylor.

Dec 19, 2009
Deputy Bernard Fife was unable to be reached for comment.
Hello, Mom? This is Barney.

I’ve got some big news. Guess what happened? They made me sheriff. Well, acting sheriff. Andy broke the law and now I’m sheriff of Mayberry.

Well, of course, I always knew it would come to this someday. I’m too talented to just be a deputy for the rest of my life. One of these days I’ll be chief of the state police—there’s no telling how far I’ll go!

Jan 9, 2009
Otis could have easily gotten to the phone to call for help. So he was never really in any danger, nor was he left alone since help was just a phone call away.

Dec 19, 2009
Otis could have easily gotten to the phone to call for help. So he was never really in any danger, nor was he left alone since help was just a phone call away.
Tell that to Clyde Hillings of the American Civil Liberties Union. He’s out to get Andy, I guess. The worst part is that Clyde has promised Otis a significant chunk of money if they win the case, so Otis is going to testify against Andy.

Dec 19, 2009
Barney: It just isn’t right, Andy! How can they do such a thing?
Andy: Calm down, Barney. I’m having Hank Wright come down from Mount Pilot in the morning. He’s one of the best lawyers in the state. I’m sure everything will turn out fine.

C

carpetmanswife

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii dont know about that man...sounds far fetched to me

I

iliveforHim

STOP IT EVERYONE, JUST, STOP IT! DON'T YOU SEE??? YOU'RE ALL EMOTIONALLY SCARRING OPIE!!!!!

C

carpetmanswife

too late for Opie hes already been sent to reform school :(
while leavin all they heard him repeating over and over was " Gosh paw" , "

I

iliveforHim

Poor little guy...it was probably the "soon we're going to send a man to the moon" comment Res made that drove poor Opie over the edge...I heard they carried him out in a white jacket with a bunch of buckles...it's just not right I tell you, just not right...what is this world, specifically Mayberry coming to???? ahhhhhh...**sighs, sitting in chair on front porch**