*sigh*

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Chrissy77

My line of work is not helpful in developing healthy relationships. It interferes in so many ways and has....more than once. It’s incredibly frustrating. One example is my phone. It rings…constantly….night and day. This past Sunday alone, just during the time I was in church service and having lunch with friends, I had 29 messages…. It’s a ball and chain that is choking the very life out of me.

I.hate.my.phone.

The only way I can have a few hours of peace, sleep, watch a movie, etc. is to turn the obnoxious thing off. I tried NOT turning it off when I was in a relationship a couple of years ago and ended up getting only 2-3 hours of sleep per night, which led to some rather serious health issues.

I’m putting my son through college right now and I need my job. Not only that, I LIKE my job, but I realize that a lot of guys don’t understand what I do and don’t have a lot of patience in that regard. This is probably why people in my line of work tend to marry other people in my line of work…but even that usually doesn’t work out well.

Sooooooooo….I’m thinking it would probably be best for me to stop even trying to have a relationship with anyone as long as I have this job and my son is still in college. Reality is what it is I guess...

Thanks for letting me vent.....*sigh*

I can relate Jullianna. I have my two kids whom I home school Mon-Fri. People think oh she is home all week. NOT!!! I have to school my kids, grade their work, and make sure they are doing the work. Besides being a "normal" mom and feeding, cooking, cleaning, oh yeah and if I want to have a place to live I have to take time to pay my bills. Then comes what for everyone else is the weekend. Friday starts my work week. Friday afternoon until Sunday night it is work, work, and more work!! I have to pack as many hours of work into three days. Sometimes that means working 12 to 14 hour shifts. When does that leave time for dating or nurturing a relationship? That is at 11pm at night in between grading school work and researching whatever I need to look up for the next day of school during the week. I understand your frustration, Jullianna. It would take one special person to walk into that and have confidence to understand how important he still is to you. My heart goes out to you!!

I

Indubitably

I think the Mustang might draw a guy that would be willing to wait for you whle you're so busy. This is too much!

Aug 15, 2009
I found testing the limits of a three year old Mustang's engine and speakers on the Interstate very helpful. :)
Maybe now we know the problem. You need to slow down so somebody can catch you! :D

J

Jullianna

Maybe now we know the problem. You need to slow down so somebody can catch you! :D
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tSE9Vz2gak[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: