Sin in the flesh

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Sorry Jon for getting off track here. It was a good thread and you got some wonderful responses.

I have found that you become "what you look at". Instead of looking at all the wrong things that dwell in my flesh, I try to keep my eyes on Christ and the truths of His word. That is when the my flesh loses its power. And I take in more of Him.

T

The_highwayman

Scriptures plainly teach that those who DO righteousness are Righteous. We are not righteous if we walk in unrighteousness. I John 1:7 is absolutely correct, IF we walk in the light as Jesus is in the light only than does His blood cleanseth us from all sins. You do error not knowing the Scriptures or the Truth. Those who do rigteosness are Righteous. Those who do wickedness are even now wicked and NOT righteous, no matter what they claim with their mouths "Lord, Lord, have we not confessed you, have we not gone to Church, have we not done miracle in your name, have we not claimed to be Saved, have we not claimed to be under your righteousness? And what does Jesus tell them? I do not know you, you who practice sin. I John 3:6 confirms that as well.
So whoever is out there who continues to live in sin all the while claiming with their mouths they are Righteous because of what He has done, are deceived and know not the Truth. His Righteousness cleansed us at the time we accepted Him as our Savior and Lord, He at that time sacrificed and took the punishment for our sins, and at that time died ONCE for that person sins that are PAST (Romans 3:25) At the moment a person is Saved, it is because of His Righteousness that they were Saved. But after that a person has been cleansed by His righteousness, His stripes, His sacrifice, is an entirely different story, Hence the reason it is written He that endures to the end shall be Saved. Even Paul said He had not attained the prize, but strives for it, (enduring to the end). Even Jesus gave us a parable of dividing the sheep and the goats, BOTH of which called Him "Lord"
Judgement Day is not for the unsaved, the unsaved are already judged as being unsaved, Psalms 1:5 states Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, because there is no need to judge them, they are unsaved. Judgment Day is for all those who claim to be SAVED, claim to be Righteous. You will know them by their fruits and it is their fruits that will judge them whether they have Loved others or not loved others

Again i will say to you. Those who DO righteousness are Righteous. Those who do wickedness are even now wicked.

^i^
2 Cor 5.21 and Gal 2.21 refute you here.

2 Cor 5.21 says:
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Gal 2.21 says:
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

You were made righteous at the cross. Righteousness is POSITION and not PERSONAL PERFORMANCE through righteous works.

If you claim that doing righteous works saves you, you are stating that your works + Jesus work on the cross saves you and that is nothing but self righteousness and is nothing but filthy rags. your righteous works will not and cannot save you...PERIOD. That is in the Bible, there is none righteous NO NOT ONE!

The true Gospel is: GOD'S GRACE+ YOUR FAITH AND NOTHNING MORE YOU DO + JESUS SHED BLOOD=EVERYTHING.

You are advocating nothing more than self righteousness and as the pharisees did, you will never be good enough, righteous enough, or come close to the glory of God.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Scriptures plainly teach that those who DO righteousness are Righteous.
You are advocating nothing more than self righteousness and as the pharisees did, you will never be good enough, righteous enough, or come close to the glory of God.
If I may speak? So I think there is a proper truth between both views;

Certainly none can enter in on their own merits that is what it is written:

John (Yahchanan) 14:6, "Yahshua proclaimed to him: I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man comes to the Father, except through Me."

Romans 3:25
"Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"

However that is not to say we are not responsive for our actions: (I think these Scripture tell it PERFECTLY, better than I could ever dream to)

1 Yahchanan 3:7, "Little children, let no man deceive you; he who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous."

Yahchanan (John) 5:28-30, “Do not be astonished at this-for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice, and will come forth. Those who have practiced righteousness will be resurrected in order to live; and those who have practiced wickedness will be resurrected in order to be damned."

Acts 17:30-31, “In the past Yahweh winked at such ignorance, but now He commands all men everywhere to repent! For He has appointed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness, by a Man whom He has ordained; and He has given evidence to everyone by raising Him from the dead.”

Romans 2:4-12, “Or do you despise the riches of His kindness, forbearance, and longsuffering; not realizing that Yahweh’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance? But according to your stubborn and impenitent mind you are storing up wrath for yourself for the day of Yahweh’s wrath, when the righteous judgment of Yahweh will be revealed; when He will reward each one according to his works: to the ones on the one hand, who, by patient persistence in doing righteousness, seek for glory, honor and immortality, He will give eternal life. But to the ones on the other hand, who are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, He will give indignation and wrath.” Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man who does evil: to the Yahdai(Jew) first, and also to the Greek (Gentile) But glory, honor, and peace to every man who works righteousness: to the Yahdai first, and also to the Greek. For there is no respect of persons with Yahweh.For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.”

James (Yaaqob) 2:12, "So speak and so act as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty."

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
Our true identity when born again is a unique and one of a kind measure of God which no other will have identical to that specific measure. If we do that which we dont want to do then it is not us/a measure of God doing it, but the sin in our flesh which has been motivated from our birth through us having motivated free-will. Paul said that how to perform what is good I find not (but he approves of good). Most can find a measure of how to perform what is good when they surrender all to God and continue to hate sin. If a person does not hate sin...even that might be something God knows the real them does not approve of in time. I believe if we hate sin, then we do not sin. I believe if we do not hate sin, then it is still possible for that person to hate sin eventually, which is why I am approved to judge the sin in the flesh, but not the person/spirit of man, maybe just the spkrit a person is being motivated by at the time.