Sinuses?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jimmyemrick0504

Every night, when I'm in my bed, not necessarily laying down, I get all stuffy and can hardly breathe through my nose. I'm not allergic to anything and this has been going on for a year or so now. I also need prayers that I can overcome this.

Dec 1, 2014
I too, suffer from occasional sinus attacks. I moved to the eastern shore of Maryland decades ago from S.C. I never knew what sinus attacks were but was informed that it took about 5 or 6 yrs of living in this marshland of Maryland and it would take over. They were correct....and I do use a ton of common sense guidelines to alleviate the symptoms, like drinking hot soothing soups, putting my head under a towel and breathing the steam from a tea kettle, eating garlic and/or hot peppers, hot mustards, actually standing on my head to break up the congestion, etc. The most powerful weapon, other than prescription drugs, I find is pure prayer power. I lay my hands on my sinus spots and in pure faith, ask and believe that GOD knows my situation and how it hinders me from doing His will. Sometimes, healing comes instantly, and sometimes the next day and then sometimes, takes it may take a week because GOD had it planned that I get a rest from other things. lol

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2009
Every night, when I'm in my bed, not necessarily laying down, I get all stuffy and can hardly breathe through my nose. I'm not allergic to anything and this has been going on for a year or so now. I also need prayers that I can overcome this.
If my room gets too cold, my sinuses swell up.

J

Jimmyemrick0504

I live in south Florida. No such thing as 'cold' here. Lol

Dec 19, 2009
I'm running out of ideas. The air conditioner might be set at 78, but that doesn't mean it's uniformly 78 everywhere in the house. You might sleep in a cool, breezy spot. Maybe you drive yourself too hard during your waking hours. Like I say, I'm running out of ideas. Maybe you're allergic to something you are unaware that you are allergic to.

R

RissaBug

Jimmy, I have the same problem but I know what the cause is. I'm a cake decorator, and I use an airbrush on my cakes. The coloring gets in the air and into my nose and sinuses. I can blow my nose after work, but it doesn't remove the influence of foreign objects in my sinuses. If your workplace hasn't cause this nuisance, then it might be the air in your room. The dry air doesn't help me right now, makes it worse. I would say it's either a lack of humidity or an overabundance of humidity... but more than likely the former. Perhaps a humidifier will help.

Dec 1, 2014
Jimmyemrick0504....
I have answered several of your posts..and have also read other comments that you've posted in this Christian forum. Here is my observation: You are too young to be a hypo-condriac ! When I have an issue or question about my personal health, I go to a medical website and start researching my symptoms. You come here to a Christian website and share all of your personal health problems for some reason. I believe that when a person's spiritual life is 'out of whack" or 'messed up', it can and will affect your physical body, giving you ailments and conditions. A human is body, mind, and spirit and all 3 need a balance to make a whole! All we read from you is just the physical and nothing mentioned about your close relationship with JESUS CHRIST, your Creator and great Physician...the only ONE who knows your mind and body better than anyone else. I guarantee that if you were a daily BIBLE reading, praising and worshiping JESUS daily, attending a holy spirit filled congregation and doing for others, your posts will be uplifting, exuberant and full of compliments, good advice and always fun to read! Catch my drift?

Oct 28, 2015
Hi Jimmy,

Blessings to you!

So... here's the wonderful news! I encourage you, with the Holy Spirit, to ask the Lord what the cause of this is. James 1 says we can ask the Lord for wisdom - and He will give it, if we ask in faith, nothing wavering (no doubting!).

I have done this with health problems/issues and the Lord does speak. Since there is a particular time this is distressing, there may be an outside cause (the filters in the air conditioning units need to be cleaned, your nose passages are drying out from the air conditioning, which takes the moisture out of the air, you have had blockage in your sinuses and only recognize it when you're laying down).

The Body is to build one another up and edify and pray for one another - and sometimes we just turn each other back to the Lord for His wisdom!

He has that wisdom for you, Brother!
:)

934b05eaeb4cd9ae1866cf28ed5e8a45.jpg

W

wwjd_kilden

Ask your doctor?

Try raising your head. (Either use pillows , just make sure you don't ruin your spine), or elevate the head- end of the bed altogether.

student

Jul 20, 2010
try a medi pot to cleanse the sinus cavity...$10 or so at walmart...may be just the thing you need. prayers

student

Jul 20, 2010
Hi Jimmy,

Blessings to you!

So... here's the wonderful news! I encourage you, with the Holy Spirit, to ask the Lord what the cause of this is. James 1 says we can ask the Lord for wisdom - and He will give it, if we ask in faith, nothing wavering (no doubting!).

I have done this with health problems/issues and the Lord does speak. Since there is a particular time this is distressing, there may be an outside cause (the filters in the air conditioning units need to be cleaned, your nose passages are drying out from the air conditioning, which takes the moisture out of the air, you have had blockage in your sinuses and only recognize it when you're laying down).

The Body is to build one another up and edify and pray for one another - and sometimes we just turn each other back to the Lord for His wisdom!

He has that wisdom for you, Brother!
:)

View attachment 143313
But this is the best advice...seriously.

J

JeniBean

As a Floridian, it's quite common. The Netti-pot has made a huge difference and you can also try the Breath right strips to open the nasal passage. They used to send free samples to try, so maybe they still do. Beyond that I take Allegra D. Florida has lots of MOLD, so cause huge issues. Elevate your head, this will help too.

Pemican

Sep 27, 2014
You say you're not allergic. Have you been tested? You can develop an allergy to anything!

T

TheHeroJourney

I know this is somewhat delayed, but the best trick I have found for a blocked nose is this. It may prove useful to others in the future.

If you don't wish to go to the link, perform the following.

During this process, do not breathe through the mouth.
Use your fingers to pinch your nose.
Either nod your head or walk.
Maintain a moderate air hunger until you can no longer hold it or you begin to feel uncomfortable.
Release your nose and quickly calm your breathing.

If your sinuses are exceptionally blocked, you may require several attempts before you notice any significant different.