Sixth sense.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jak795

Not many people will believe me, but I post this to allow others to express their thoughts on the matter.

I'm gifted with abilities that not many have. Sixth sense type of abilities. I've looked up a lot opinions from Christians on the matter. Some went from being okay to it being a mark of Satan.

I personally don't believe that it's a mark of Satan or an evil presence. I've had these gifts since I was a child and I was baptized as well. How is it wrong when it's a part of who I am? God doesn't make mistakes when forming us, so how could these abilities be a mistake?

I was given these abilities, it wasn't my choice to have them. It was passed down through my blood line.

Anyways, I wish to know your thoughts. But please, keep the discussion mature and civil.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
You probably have a gift of discernment - but whatever it is there is one thing you need to do. Offer this gift (ability) to the Lord to sanctify it only for His use.

I have met many people like you - and this one prayer has made a difference. The Holy Spirit has really used them in giving them direction for intercession purposes.

God bless you.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013

What exactly is your 6th sense? If its talking to the dead, its not of God. If its just a feeling of right and wrong, its natural and not something you inherited. Men often refer to it as a gut feeling, females call it women's intuition, and Christians call it the guidance or indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

M

mystikmind

If there can be savant's in maths and music and various other well known things, why not perception? Have you ever thought what a savant in perceptiveness would be like?

J

jennymae

I don't know whether to believe or not to believe somebody claiming to have a sixth sense. But I do believe that a lot of what folks been referring to as sixth sense may can be explained by the law of big numbers, sometimes a mental disorder is playing a role and then theres the folks flat out lying. However, I cant say that there is no such thing as a sixth sense, because me, I'm too limited to comprehend the whole idea "sixth sense".

Dec 1, 2014
YOU have to be more extremely specific when you describe yourself as having a sixth sense please, otherwise, it's all guesswork on anybody that may have a holy spirit directed message for you.

E

ember

Not many people will believe me, but I post this to allow others to express their thoughts on the matter.

I'm gifted with abilities that not many have. Sixth sense type of abilities. I've looked up a lot opinions from Christians on the matter. Some went from being okay to it being a mark of Satan.

I personally don't believe that it's a mark of Satan or an evil presence. I've had these gifts since I was a child and I was baptized as well. How is it wrong when it's a part of who I am? God doesn't make mistakes when forming us, so how could these abilities be a mistake?

I was given these abilities, it wasn't my choice to have them. It was passed down through my blood line.

Anyways, I wish to know your thoughts. But please, keep the discussion mature and civil.

Big red flag on the bold type above

The gifts that operate through the Holy Spirit are NOT passed down through blood lines

Saying God does not make mistakes, does not create legitimacy for a spirit operating through a family line

I don't know all your details...obviously you didn't post them...

I hope that is mature and civil enough for you

Feb 7, 2015
Are you sensitive to certain awarenesses? Maybe. Do you "sense" things? Could be.

Is this of God? Who knows?

You're being so vague about it that you must not be sure, yourself.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I am Blond so could you please explain to me what your six sense is exactly? I have sight, touch, taste, smell, hearing......I don't know what the sixth one is.... Help a Blond out o.k.?

H

Hellooo

Interestingly enough, most people have about 20 senses

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Interestingly enough, most people have about 20 senses
Could you please list them for the Blond as I'm not that bright.....need help with knowing what they are. Thanks ever so much and here have a cookie while I wait for the reply....

I'll be waiting over here....

S

Sirk

Touch, taste,smell, hearing,sight, heebee jeebees. Those are the only senses I have. And crossnote thinks I'm losing the hearing one.

S

Sirk

Cool. Do you see dead people too? :rolleyes:

i see smelly people. It's like they have this dark cloud hovering over them....kind of like pigpen on peanuts.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Jak795,

Since you're the one who brought this topic up, and volunteered to tell us you have a "6th sense"...
why don't you fill us in.
Please be specific and tell us all about your gifts.

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
I had a sixth sense.
Its dead now.

How do l know? I did an official test.....
I poked a stick at it, and it didn't move. :(

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I don't believe that God gives people a "6th" sense. That is mysticism or new age nonsense.

Before I was saved, I had some special talents. For some reason, I could tell who was phoning before I answered it. A lot of times, I could tell the phone was going to ring before it rang, and also who was phoning. I always said it was just a sensitivity to the phone wires (Days before wireless!)

After I was saved, I prayed about it. I asked God to show me if it was from him. And if it was not from him to take it away. The next day, I could no longer tell who was phoning.

God has left us the Bible to help us determine the way to go. That is why we don't need a "6th" sense. As for spiritual gifts, I wonder why people don't post that God has given them the spiritual gift of "helps" very often?

Too many people looking for glamour, instead of looking for God.

D

didymos

Jak795,

Since you're the one who brought this topic up, and volunteered to tell us you have a "6th sense"...
why don't you fill us in.
Please be specific and tell us all about your gifts.
I guess he just dropped by to say he has it, he's so special... :rolleyes:

(I mean: I have to make do with scripture and the illumination of the Holy Spirit)