So torn. Idk what to do.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MaryR

I'm probably not the best person to answer this question since I've been told on multiple occasions that I have no sense of personal safety. I just wanted to let you know that I seriously identify with that feeling.
I've lived in the same city for over 3 years going to school. As a girl who grew up on a horse farm in the middle of nowhere, it was a huge adjustment for me. My city is relatively safe, but I don't live in the best part of it. I'm so tired of this city and one of the biggest reasons is that my options for being outside are limited. I like to be outside at night, which is probably not a good idea downtown. Consequently, every time I go for a walk at night I have a bunch of people worrying about whether or not I'm gonna come back, and every time I go to a park after dark, I get kicked out by police. :)
On the bright side, I have people that are concerned for my well-being! I'm still adjusting to this feeling though. Sorry you feel the same way, girl.
I recommend finding a relatively safe park in a decent area and taking a walk during the day or early evening. There will be other people in the area so you're not entirely alone, but alone enough to enjoy the quiet. :)

C

Cari99

Wow....I have felt exactly as you do! However, then I will walk around with a friend instead. I have found that I enjoy walking and hiking with company much more than by myself. Maybe you would like that just as well.