Some Truths Are Uncomfortable

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Musicmaster

Feb 8, 2021
I've never liked the fear-factor approach to sharing the Gospel, but sometimes even the Lord utilized that avenue to shock some people into a semblance of reality.

Luke 16:19-23
19 "There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day.
20 "But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate,
21 "desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 "So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried.
23 "And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

This topic was driven home to me this morning as I watched a typically negative news report about an 18 year old woman in Mississippi, whom the entire community saw as being a little angel, so nice, so loving, so pretty, and yet, in reality, so hooked on drugs, sex, and looking for "sugar daddy's" to take care of her as long as they provided her the drugs and parties to which she was addicted. The only problem was, one of her sugar daddy's murdered her.

The strong, emotional paradigm of presenting her main studio photo, surrounded by angels tooting their horns, the shampoo hippy Jesus looking toward her photo with adoring eyes, well-wishing cards wishing her the best in Heaven...etc. That's not to say that any mortal among us knows for sure her real fate in eternity, and that's not the thrust of this post.

What is before us, however, is the real danger that so many have placed themselves within, living for the pleasures of the world as if they were NOT going to die tonight, or tomorrow, next week... The real danger is everyone pretending that there's no doubt about the eternal fate of those who had lived for the devil up to the moment of death, and every one of those people envisioned as being in paradise with the Lord, even among surviving family members who intentionally avoid considering the alternative.

The enemy doesn't want those families getting more serious about talking with their remaining, lost children about Hell. The prospect of the dead child being in Hell as a result of a life lived in rejection of Christ, is something the enemy of our souls doesn't want to take place because it works...at least, in the lives of some!

So, to apply the numbing salve to the conscience of parents and friends, the perception of every one of those souls being in Heaven plays right into the devil's hands to ensure that any fear of Hell is not at all uttered. After all, the feelings of the family must be protected, right?

At what expense?

Eternity!

The willingness of so many to play that eternally deadly game, gambling the very souls of their own children and relatives, all on the basis of feelings...

That rich man in torment, as described in Luke 16 above, certainly didn't see any reason to sugar-coat the truth for the sake of feelings! He was dead serious about someone going before his kin and warning them that the place of torment is real, and so horrible that it must be avoided at all costs.

Do you see how perspective can have a total reversal that casts any regard for mere feelings into the trash, where it belongs, when the prospect of eternity comes into play? That's not to say that it's ok to trample feelings with utter disregard, but when weighing on the scales of importance, feelings end up being out-weighed by any and all prospects of eternity!

What say you?

MM

seekingthemindofChrist

Casting down imaginations
Jul 10, 2023
I've never liked the fear-factor approach to sharing the Gospel, but sometimes even the Lord utilized that avenue to shock some people into a semblance of reality.

19 "There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day.
20 "But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate,
21 "desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 "So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried.
23 "And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

This topic was driven home to me this morning as I watched a typically negative news report about an 18 year old woman in Mississippi, whom the entire community saw as being a little angel, so nice, so loving, so pretty, and yet, in reality, so hooked on drugs, sex, and looking for "sugar daddy's" to take care of her as long as they provided her the drugs and parties to which she was addicted. The only problem was, one of her sugar daddy's murdered her.

The strong, emotional paradigm of presenting her main studio photo, surrounded by angels tooting their horns, the shampoo hippy Jesus looking toward her photo with adoring eyes, well-wishing cards wishing her the best in Heaven...etc. That's not to say that any mortal among us knows for sure her real fate in eternity, and that's not the thrust of this post.

What is before us, however, is the real danger that so many have placed themselves within, living for the pleasures of the world as if they were NOT going to die tonight, or tomorrow, next week... The real danger is everyone pretending that there's no doubt about the eternal fate of those who had lived for the devil up to the moment of death, and every one of those people envisioned as being in paradise with the Lord, even among surviving family members who intentionally avoid considering the alternative.

The enemy doesn't want those families getting more serious about talking with their remaining, lost children about Hell. The prospect of the dead child being in Hell as a result of a life lived in rejection of Christ, is something the enemy of our souls doesn't want to take place because it works...at least, in the lives of some!

So, to apply the numbing salve to the conscience of parents and friends, the perception of every one of those souls being in Heaven plays right into the devil's hands to ensure that any fear of Hell is not at all uttered. After all, the feelings of the family must be protected, right?

At what expense?

Eternity!

The willingness of so many to play that eternally deadly game, gambling the very souls of their own children and relatives, all on the basis of feelings...

That rich man in torment, as described in Luke 16 above, certainly didn't see any reason to sugar-coat the truth for the sake of feelings! He was dead serious about someone going before his kin and warning them that the place of torment is real, and so horrible that it must be avoided at all costs.

Do you see how perspective can have a total reversal that casts any regard for mere feelings into the trash, where it belongs, when the prospect of eternity comes into play? That's not to say that it's ok to trample feelings with utter disregard, but when weighing on the scales of importance, feelings end up being out-weighed by any and all prospects of eternity!

What say you?

MM
In the light of everything that you just shared, I hope that you will come to like what you called "the fear-factor approach to sharing the gospel" because it is biblical, even as you just demonstrated yourself.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia

At what expense?

Eternity!

What say you?

MM
This is what children need to respond to at an earlier age than this. Their parents should raise them in a good church and they should protect their children. This is a decade of decadence where most parents have it backwards. They get offended when the preacher preaches against sin and raises his voice. Then they accept the queer agenda of the drug culture in the name of something they call love. That's what leads to cases like the one you mentioned so often. I've seen it happen since I was very young.

The following is what those kids need long before the woman you mentioned becomes a tragedy of tears for the family.

seekingthemindofChrist

Casting down imaginations
Jul 10, 2023
Yeah, children need to sit at the feet of a hate-filled false preacher/teacher like Steven Anderson...somewhere in a fairy tale.

Jun 20, 2022
My Cousin, 10 months older than myself, had a pretty posh upbringing being the little princess and spoiled brat. But, She had a very Dark Side to Her. As teenagers, she would get older guys to buy Her booze and many times on a corn field road, Her, Her Brother, and myself, would do what many young rebellious kids do.

She was really a Beautiful Young Woman growing into an even more Beautiful Young adult Woman. And the Men and Older Boys just went stupid over Her. She had Her pick. The wealthy Men and the Bad kinds of Men. And She always picked the Guy that was going to Beat Her worse than the Guy before.

I remember getting a phone call from Her Brother, the Guy She was with got mad or something and took a Claw Hammer and opened Her skull wide apart. How She crawled and called for help is a literal Miracle in itself. She was hospitalized and had several surgeries and while He was rotting behind bars, She, moved back to my Aunt and Uncle.

Wasn't too long after She was cleaned up and seemingly going to make a full recovery, She, wanted to visit the Part of the Family for awhile only about a 4 hour drive away. Arrangements were made and so were Warnings about don't let Her do this that and let's keep Her with the Program that was working. Unfortunately, we have an Aunt and Uncle that, well, are a little bit slow on understanding what a Warning should be. On the way out of Town and headed to the Family 4 hours away, She asked my Aunt and Uncle if She could quickly just stop and tell a friend She was leaving and would be back whenever. This Guy was a Narcotic Drug Kingpin. Fixed Her a Hot Load, we know, because Her other Brother, is a Detective for the State and they got him to come clean about what took place. He decided to get rid of Her because She was behind on Her debt and just became more problem than He wanted.

But after shooting up, She, came back out and got into the back seat and said She was taking a nap.

The One Thing They did Follow Instruction to a T, they did not Stop anywhere and basically drove all the way from point A to B. And when they got there and everyone was getting out of the car, She, was still asleep. so, they went to wake Her up and She was cold blue and rigor had already set in.

I, like the Family, attended Her Funeral. We all just tried to ignore the obvious here. She looked horrible. Not even relieved to no longer be suffering in this world. But She looked Demented. I would not even take a picture of Her because I was concerned about something being attached to the photo.

Couple years later, I was dead asleep and deeply involved in a Dream that was with Her. And near the end of the Dream, I discovered She was accompanied by some Entity and it was so Real, I woke up Shouting the Lord Rebuke You Satan! Then about 6 months later, another Dream with Her and Something Else trying to trick me and there was a Moment where I did not know if I was going to wake up. And I wrestled in my dream trying to force myself to React and finally I was able to wake up after saying, the LORD Rebuke You, Satan.

This is my Cousin, and She was like a Sister and best friend to me.

But, I am positive within my entire being, She, is in Hell!

Musicmaster

Feb 8, 2021
Yeah, children need to sit at the feet of a hate-filled false preacher/teacher like Steven Anderson...somewhere in a fairy tale.
I don't know what other strange doctrines he teaches, but in relation to his eschatology, I can say that his desire to remain on this earth through half to most of the Tribulation is a strange desire, but if that's what he and his followers want, then they can stay here if they like. Not me, though.

MM

Blade

Nov 19, 2019

At what expense?

Eternity!

What say you?

MM
So when Christ spoke this Luke 16 had He died and rose yet? Yeah there are those as of late saying you can believe in Jesus and not help the poor and can lose your salvation. Seems your in the same boat. Same boat? Speaking lies. Case in point "The real danger is everyone pretending that there's no doubt about the eternal fate of those who had lived for the devil up to the moment of death,"

Everyone? Yeah you don't those in the Church down the street let alone the people on the next block. Now if your on a farm then they could be MILES away yet the truth is the same.

So in that story Christ shared some believe its real some do not. Lets say it is... so when Christ died on the cross went down there preached to them... yeah I am guessing they ALL took Him up on His offer and lead them to Paradise. You left out that was under the law 613 of them. Christ had not died yet. So many things changed after He died and ROSE AMEN! A group in a major city with a blow horn speakers.. telling the people about Christ AMEN and also (forgive me Father) HELL! Telling them where they will end up. So after about 6 months this other group comes in no blow horn just preaching love forgiveness mercy grace compassion. No fear what so ever. they saw more people come to Christ in one month then other did 6+ months.

its so easy is it not? Well we that know Jesus.. we are the righteous and we know the truth. We know how others should be really living for Christ right because we do it every day right? We are so holy so pure so righteous we know evil.. its the 1st thing we see when we look at others. LOVE YOU JESUS!

I remember way before this site even was... a site where some ADMIN's avatar was something like "lord save me from your Children". I thought.. how mean. I can not say I was blind now I see. No matter what you see...no matter how many times they fall.. you might have to get dirty.. be it saved or lost.. reach down keep helping them up.. you might have to get so dirty you are pushing them out. Now look down.. yeah Christ is pushing you out

Musicmaster

Feb 8, 2021
So when Christ spoke this Luke 16 had He died and rose yet?
Meaning...what?

Yeah there are those as of late saying you can believe in Jesus and not help the poor and can lose your salvation. Seems your in the same boat. Same boat?
I don't understand how that has to do with anything I said.

Speaking lies. Case in point "The real danger is everyone pretending that there's no doubt about the eternal fate of those who had lived for the devil up to the moment of death,"
Again, meaning what?

Everyone? Yeah you don't those in the Church down the street let alone the people on the next block. Now if your on a farm then they could be MILES away yet the truth is the same.
What's your point?

So in that story Christ shared some believe its real some do not. Lets say it is... so when Christ died on the cross went down there preached to them... yeah I am guessing they ALL took Him up on His offer and lead them to Paradise.
Nope. That's not how it was, but everyone is free to believe whatever they wish, regardless of what scripture says. You sound bitter about something. Mind if I ask what?

You left out that was under the law 613 of them. Christ had not died yet. So many things changed after He died and ROSE AMEN! A group in a major city with a blow horn speakers.. telling the people about Christ AMEN and also (forgive me Father) HELL! Telling them where they will end up. So after about 6 months this other group comes in no blow horn just preaching love forgiveness mercy grace compassion. No fear what so ever. they saw more people come to Christ in one month then other did 6+ months.
How does that relate to the OP? What's your point?

its so easy is it not? Well we that know Jesus.. we are the righteous and we know the truth. We know how others should be really living for Christ right because we do it every day right? We are so holy so pure so righteous we know evil.. its the 1st thing we see when we look at others. LOVE YOU JESUS!
Again, this is a complete diversion away from what I said, so what's your point?

I remember way before this site even was... a site where some ADMIN's avatar was something like "lord save me from your Children". I thought.. how mean. I can not say I was blind now I see. No matter what you see...no matter how many times they fall.. you might have to get dirty.. be it saved or lost.. reach down keep helping them up.. you might have to get so dirty you are pushing them out. Now look down.. yeah Christ is pushing you out
Who are you talking to, because none of what you hinted at has anything to do with the topic?!?

If you want to talk about something specific, then spell it out clearly and to the point, and I will address it. If you're more attuned to putting words in the mouths of others, thinking that you know them, then you clearly are outclassed here. If you want to know who I am, then talk WITH me rather than AT me. Things will go so much smoother that way.

MM

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
The gospel he preached here is NOT a fairy tail Jack!

He and I both have preached the gospel of Jesus Christ to children so they don't grow up and go to hell like the many fake preachers with their works based perversion send them.

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
Revelation 14:12-13, “Here is the endurance of the set-apart ones, here are those guarding (G5083) the Commands (G1785) of יהוה and the Belief of יהושע. And I heard a voice out of the heaven saying to me, Write, Blessed are the dead who die in the Master from now on. Yes, says the Spirit, in order that they rest from their labors, and their works follow with them.”

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
You just go on preaching the gospel even to those who are seemingly on the road to hell

Jesus saves, I've no doubt about that even when He has to pluck someone out of the fire.

Unfortunately for some atheist/agnostic parents, they may need to bury their own child before they ever turn to the Lord.

Komentaja

Jul 29, 2022
The gospel he preached here is NOT a fairy tail Jack!

He and I both have preached the gospel of Jesus Christ to children so they don't grow up and go to hell like the many fake preachers with their works based perversion send them.
But dont you see that what the OP is describing is precisely the fruit of the easy believism? The reason people are saying someone who robbed a bank and got shot by the cops in the midst of it goes to heaven 100% surely is because "Well I knew him, he had a good heart, he believed in Jesus"

Whereas if he actually DID believe in Jesus, he wouldnt of beeen robbing a bank to begin with!

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022

At what expense?

Eternity!

What say you?

MM
I say, Jesus stated "Paid in Full!"

"Tetelestai"

Tell people to accept the gift of salvation by trusting in the work of Christ Jesus accomplished on our behalf.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
But dont you see that what the OP is describing is precisely the fruit of the easy believism? The reason people are saying someone who robbed a bank and got shot by the cops in the midst of it goes to heaven 100% surely is because "Well I knew him, he had a good heart, he believed in Jesus"

Whereas if he actually DID believe in Jesus, he wouldnt of beeen robbing a bank to begin with!

The robbing of a bank seems like an extreme example. I find that those wanting to prove their point about working their way to heaven and "disproving " grace through faith in Christ use a lot of extreme sins, but the hundreds of more common ones are apparently atonable by ones actions, according to that belief.

I had bank tellers and cashiers intentionally rob me on many occasions. They did not use a weapon other than the one called deception.
I had not wondered about their salvation. I assume that most people are not because the Bible tells me so... even the friendly apparently moral ones...."For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God " Romans 3 and 6:23...

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

This is described in more detail in Revelation 21:8

“But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

Anyone who has ever murdered all the way to anyone who ever told a lie," shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

I have told lies before.
Have you ever told a lie Komentaja?

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
Repentance, the only repentance is authentic repentance, people can fool humans, none can fool YHWH

Acts 3:19-20, “Repent therefore and turn back, for the blotting out of your sins, in order that times of refreshing might come from the presence of the Master, and that He sends יהושע Messiah, pre-appointed for you,”

Ezekiyl 18:23, “Have I any pleasure in the death of the wrong?” declares the Master יהוה. “Is it not that he should turn from his ways, and live?”

James 2:19-20, "You believe that YHWH is one. (Deu 6:4) You do well. The demons also believe – and shudder! But do you wish to know, O foolish man, that the belief without the works is dead?"

Komentaja

Jul 29, 2022
The robbing of a bank seems like an extreme example. I find that those wanting to prove their point about working their way to heaven and "disproving " grace through faith in Christ use a lot of extreme sins, but the hundreds of more common ones are apparently atonable by ones actions, according to that belief.

I had bank tellers and cashiers intentionally rob me on many occasions. They did not use a weapon other than the one called deception.
I had not wondered about their salvation. I assume that most people are not because the Bible tells me so... even the friendly apparently moral ones...."For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God " Romans 3 and 6:23...

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

This is described in more detail in Revelation 21:8

“But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

Anyone who has ever murdered all the way to anyone who ever told a lie," shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

I have told lies before.
Have you ever told a lie Komentaja?
I have of course. But Revelation 21:8 says what it says, doesn't that mean people should STOP doing those things. And if they don't, well , Revelation 21:8 says it, their place is in the second death. Sounds kinda like 1 Corinthians 6:9, dont be deceived Paul warns

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022

At what expense?

Eternity!

What say you?

MM

The point about warning is very important.
I don't think a person at one's child's funeral should point out that they are in hell. It doesn't need to be addressed as it likely would not lead them family to Christ. However, I wish the gospel of salvation I presented above would be provided by the ministers in their sermons to those loved ones.

The description given by Jesus about the Rich man that He saw in hell is obviously appropriate and particularly in the context He presented it. It reminds me of Jude 1:23

"And of some have compassion, making a difference: 23And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. "

There are different ways to reach people. Some need compassion and others need to take heed to the fact of what a fearful place they are going to. Hell is no laughing matter. I'm sure that some bad boys have comforted themselves with the phrase, "I'll be going to hell because that's where all of my friends will be! OR "I'd rather rule in hell than serve in heaven.". God can get through to them too if it's not too late.
I have seen an outlaw biker get saved on his death bed, so I know it happens. Had he decided to turn from his sin and promised to live a moral life, would he had gone to heaven?
Of course NOT! WHY? Because that is the opposite of the gospel and a satanic lie that people buy. Only Jesus is the way, not whether you are a bad sinner or a goody two shoes sinner . ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God. There is none righteous, no not one. All of our righteousness are as filthy rags.

No sins are counter balanced by good deeds.
Only Christ paid for our sins.
I don't know where you stand on the gospel, but some others have made it clear that they believe that their own righteousness is enough and that Jesus Sacrifice was insufficient. The works of men and women do not pay for their sins, contrary to popular belief. The work of Jesus is what matters and they need to REPENT, which means to reconsider and change their minds before it is too late.

"NOT by works of righteousness which we have done but according to His mercy He saved us."

Written to pastor Titus who was saved by virtue of His Savior.

I just want to clarify that for the folks in this thread, because the quotes from the Lord you posted in the OP were and are very appropriate and serious. We should all take it seriously.

Peace ☕🙂📖

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I have of course. But Revelation 21:8 says what it says, doesn't that mean people should STOP doing those things. And if they don't, well , Revelation 21:8 says it, their place is in the second death. Sounds kinda like 1 Corinthians 6:9, dont be deceived Paul warns
Revelation 21:8

Will try to get back to that after work.
Have a good day.

dlw

Aug 29, 2021
He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.