Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AuntieAnt

Pretty sure they can receive intensive therapy for that........but the side effects of the treatment turn them into COWBOY FANS!
You lost me at "cowboy fans".... :p :::ugh:::

I can hear my kids now had they read your illogical comment. LOLOL

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Today I told my boss I needed a raise...
Nobody bit :( LOL

Okay, so I have been thinking for quite a while that I need a raise in pay; it has been so long since I had one that I cannot even remember when it was, years and years ago, meanwhile everything keeps going up and up and up in cost. So when I got into a conversation with my boss today, it was totally spontaneous, I did not make a big deal of it, just said as part of the flow of what we were talking about, I need a raise, and he said... Oh, I just gave you one.

:eek::eek::eek:

Apparently I got a raise on my last pay cheque, which I was unaware of, because my wages are deposited automatically into the bank, and I rarely look at my pay stub :eek:

I think that is so cool :D Thank you, God :)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Okay, so I have been thinking for quite a while that I need a raise in pay; it has been so long since I had one that I cannot even remember when it was, years and years ago, meanwhile everything keeps going up and up and up in cost. So when I got into a conversation with my boss today, it was totally spontaneous, I did not make a big deal of it, just said as part of the flow of what we were talking about, I need a raise, and he said... Oh, I just gave you one.

Apparently I got a raise on my last pay cheque, which I was unaware of, because my wages are deposited automatically into the bank, and I rarely look at my pay stub :eek:

Congrats! Now you have me wondering what you do for work...

R

renewed_hope

Congrats, but I will say a good rule of thumb is to always look at your pay stub. From an accounting standpoint I can't tell you how many times the person doing payroll makes the smallest error and it could be fixed if people had knowledge how much of their paycheck goes where. It's a good practice :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Congrats! Now you have me wondering what you do for work...
Thank you! :eek: I work in a photo lab :) I color correct most of the work that comes into the lab online, and also am the sole printer on another printing machine that handles the majority of the hard copy stuff that comes in the front door. I have been there for 36 years, this summer :D Although my present boss has not been my boss all that time; he was a co-worker who bought the business when my first boss retired a few years ago :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Congrats, but I will say a good rule of thumb is to always look at your pay stub. From an accounting standpoint I can't tell you how many times the person doing payroll makes the smallest error and it could be fixed if people had knowledge how much of their paycheck goes where. It's a good practice :)
I am on salary so it almost never changes... I do look at my bank statements, but not very closely. I am terrible with that sort of paper work :p haha

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Good night :eek:

I have spent hours searching for a nice abstract image of a dove.
If anyone sees one during their net surfing, please let me know! :D

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I am on salary so it almost never changes... I do look at my bank statements, but not very closely. I am terrible with that sort of paper work :p haha
Plus, the owner's wife (not my boss's wife {he is single but attached}) is an accountant and does the... accounting. Is that a reason for me to be even more concerned? I never thought of that before LOL

My boss has the same birthday as me, though he is more than twenty one years younger than I am. I can never remember how many exactly, but I know it is more than 21, because I started working in this industry on my 21st birthday... and one time when he was still a co-worker (as opposed to being my boss, which he is now), he was telling me what some of our customers are like... and I could not help thinking to myself, yes, I know, I have been doing this longer than you have been breathing air :eek:

But I did not say it out loud :eek:;)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I just ordered this cat lamp, 2 cat statues and gray cat slippers online.. I LOVE the lamp. :eek:

large_41930.jpg

large_41851.jpg

large_41852.jpg

large_41363.jpg

R

renewed_hope

Plus, the owner's wife (not my boss's wife {he is single but attached}) is an accountant and does the... accounting. Is that a reason for me to be even more concerned? I never thought of that before LOL

My boss has the same birthday as me, though he is more than twenty one years younger than I am. I can never remember how many exactly, but I know it is more than 21, because I started working in this industry on my 21st birthday... and one time when he was still a co-worker (as opposed to being my boss, which he is now), he was telling me what some of our customers are like... and I could not help thinking to myself, yes, I know, I have been doing this longer than you have been breathing air :eek:

But I did not say it out loud :eek:;)
Honestly, it doesn't matter what they do or what they have a degree in. I've just been taught it's irresponsible not to take an active role in educating yourself in your paycheck...people do make mistakes :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Honestly, it doesn't matter what they do or what they have a degree in. I've just been taught it's irresponsible not to take an active role in educating yourself in your paycheck...people do make mistakes :)
Call me irresponsible :D Sigh. I know. :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
The ice on which the 2 dead ducks were, have now broken off and the papa's are now under water. :( This makes me sad, the ONLY thing I love about living here is seeing the ducks every day. I don't like it when my duckies die.

We're supposed to keep them safe during winter, yet 2 of them froze to the ice and we couldn't help them. :(