SPEAKING TONGUES

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 24, 2012
Are you talking about the woman of valour? You are saying the shabbat ritual on Friday's is God when the 1st star appears?
I take you do not understand the ritual or the meaning of the sages when they written Solomon's words.
It's a reference to we should view Wisdom like young men view and desire women.
It's merely a yiddish simile.
okay to each their own thank you

Oct 24, 2012
Never said I am better than you or believe that. You failed to prove your point from the word of God because it is not in the word of God where God is a woman because HE has no limits. You are immature. You take the correction or what was presented as an attack and now try to use it for some kind of emotional trauma. You can't see what was said or want to so it has to be to you

one is saying you are nothing or one is saying they are better than you. Nope, I am not better than you, but you need to grow up.
Okay to each their own carry on thank you

Oct 24, 2012
Truth matters. and God word is the truth. It tell us what we know about God and we should not say God is when His word doesn't say it.

Many people say, "God is everything to me." Well, that doesn't mean we make him everything that we think he could be when HIS word says clearly that he is not. Forget that. Do I make God what I want him to be?

no
God makes God whomever God needs to be to, for others to see truth and be r=freed from under Law unto grace given us by God through Son for us
In Electricity, heat travels from a warm spot to a colder spot always. God simply loves us all
Is what is trying to be said, to you too, thank you, sorry you doing not see this truth yet and hoping from God only you will

Oct 24, 2012
I am not not right , the word of God is. Don't agree with me read HIS words and see it for yourself.
I do, have and will not deny God ever thank you as I hope others do the same to not deny God no matter what happens or does not happen to them too

Oct 24, 2012
Never said I am better than you or believe that. You failed to prove your point from the word of God because it is not in the word of God where God is a woman because HE has no limits. You are immature. You take the correction or what was presented as an attack and now try to use it for some kind of emotional trauma. You can't see what was said or want to so it has to be to you

one is saying you are nothing or one is saying they are better than you. Nope, I am not better than you, but you need to grow up.
not here to fight over anything, Love you as God loves all, thank you

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
op: tongues speaking?

We love all of our brethren, saved By 'Grace Through faith' In The
Lord Jesus Christ, in His Death, Burial, and Resurrection, According
to The Scriptures (1Co 15:3-4 AV).

If they wish to speak in tongues, then we wish they would do only
that, and edify themselves (1Co 14:4 AV), but please, we wish they
would not condemn themselves by judging (Romans 14:10 AV) others
who do not speak in tongues.

God still Hears our prayers in plain English, Correct? Thanks.

Amen.

CS1

May 23, 2012
God makes God whomever God needs to be to, for others to see truth and be r=freed from under Law unto grace given us by God through Son for us
In Electricity, heat travels from a warm spot to a colder spot always. God simply loves us all
Is what is trying to be said, to you too, thank you, sorry you doing not see this truth yet and hoping from God only you will
the idea is not that I can't see the truth is really you don't want to accept what the word of God says about God.

And trying to deflect from that point. You said John the Baptist spoke in tongues. Yet you have no proof from the word of God. When you were called on it, you responded to "I'm a Victim," and others are unloving. Yes, God loves all, but God is not a woman, as you said. When you were pressed on that as this is the Bible Discussion forum. You took issue with that not I.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
1Now about spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2You know that when you were pagans, you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3Therefore I inform you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

4There are different gifts, but the same Spirit. 5There are different ministries, but the same Lord. 6There are different ways of working, but the same God works all things in all people. I Cor 12

1Earnestly pursue love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy. 2For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men, but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries in the Spirit. 3But he who prophesies speaks to men for their edification, encouragement, and comfort. 4The one who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but the one who prophesies edifies the church.

That is your opinion. It is not what we find in scripture; the scriptures above say the opposite.
Is Paul promoting or not promoting unknown tongnes??

Read it in context...
Be honest.

1Co 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. 4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. 5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

Speaking in an unknown tongue means no one understands except God.
I speak in the English tongue to people that understand English..it would be useless to speak French to someone that only understands the English tongue.
God understands everything even what we think. We don't need to speak an unknown tongue for God to understand.

Edifying self is not promoted but selfish. But edifying others and the church is a good thing.

Paul is saying that speaking an unknown tongue is not beneficial to anyone else so keep silent.

1Co 14:26.....Let all things be done unto edifying. 27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

If no one can interpret, keep silent in the church, speak to God and yourself as much as you want but if no one else can understand it is not edifying.

Oct 24, 2012
You said John the Baptist spoke in tongues.
Never said that, I said John said to those Pharisees that showed up at the Baptism he was called to do, that they asked if John were the Messiah, or Elijah the Prophet
John spoke out to them, knowing them, being a Levite Priest himself, that God called him away to water Baptize Jesus, that he did not know it was Jesus to be Baptized, until Jesus showed up for that.
knowing the troubles, (Sin) behind the scenes of the Levites,
He tells them,
I did say, John said to the Pharisees, for them to show him works of repentance and then he would Baptize them too
Not that John spoke in tongues

Matthew 3
In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judæa, and saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. ...

John was the witness of the Savior Jesus.

Thanks, to be clear is the best to be, and thank you for revealing to me what you think I wrote.

Oct 24, 2012
op: tongues speaking?

We love all of our brethren, saved By 'Grace Through faith' In The
Lord Jesus Christ, in His Death, Burial, and Resurrection, According
to The Scriptures (1Co 15:3-4 AV).

If they wish to speak in tongues, then we wish they would do only
that, and edify themselves (1Co 14:4 AV), but please, we wish they
would not condemn themselves by judging (Romans 14:10 AV) others
who do not speak in tongues.

God still Hears our prayers in plain English, Correct? Thanks.
Amen.
Thank you

Lamar

May 21, 2023
What is a Speaking Tongues?
Is it necessary to speak in tongues in our times?
Glossolalia is not speaking in tongues.
But what is worse is the labeling of glossolalia as manifestations of the Holy Spirit. This is borderline blasphemy.

Jan 2, 2024
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here is the proof that John The Baptist is Speaking in Tongues.

John the Baptist said he is Baptizing with Water.
Then every group in Christianity perform Baptism in Water.
To be specific, in Literal Water.
Despite of that, every group in Christianity have different Doctrines and way of Salvation.
Therefore: John The Baptist is not Baptizing with Literal Water but Spiritual Water (Speaking in Tongues of Water)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Every Chosen of God; Prophets, Apostles & Disciples are all Speaking in Togues.
This is the difference between the voice of the Goats and the voice of the Sheep.
Goats are speaking in literal
Sheep's are speaking in Spiritual:
Because God is Spirit.
1 CORINTHIANS 3:17
17 Now the Lord is that Spirit
: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

GOATS understanding are in literal: Means can use our senses (Can be seen, touch etc,,,)
2 CORINTHIANS 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

SHEEP'S understanding is in Spiritual: Can't use our senses (Can't be seen touch etc...)
2 CORINTHIANS 4:18
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

The difference of Sheep to Goats.
Sheep passed the First Commandment: TO KNOW THE ONE TRUE GOD.
The First of All the Commandment:
MARK 12:28-33
And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, HEAR, O ISRAEL; THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD:

Because this is what God's Desire above all;
HOSEA 6:6
For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

So, God's made a promise:
JEREMIAH 31:34
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

HEBREWS 8:11-12
And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, KNOW THE LORD: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more

Therefore: To Know the One True God is the key to Speaking in Tongues.