Spiritual gifts test. YOU are 'called' by God to do something. What??? :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What are you called today (remember, take 'test.') Multiple choice &POLL IS PUBLIC.

• Peace - You can settle differences (read about 'fruit' of this Peace - You can settle differences (r

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Interpretation of tongues

• Healing - 'In the name of Jesus,' healing others of sickness/disease/demon possession, etc.

• Trusting - Others know they can trust you, even with their life, a true friend to all

• Total voters
G

GreenNnice

Top three from two tests:

15 - Faith
15 - Giving
14 - Helps

--------

18 - Teach
17 - Showing Mercy
14 - Pastor/Shepherd
Lightnin', good to see those gifts, very powerful thngs to consider as the Lord leads you. You have tremendous talents (think 'five' in the parable of the talents :) ) .
That is quite a blessed 'giftset' you have from Him.

Great you took both tests, the first to do so, i think. That in itself says a lot about your desires and get-to-it ness , keep renewing your mind and becoming more and more set of joy on spiritual things, like reading the Word , praying, going to His house, etc. The Lord leads. 'Follow Me'

Blessings, Christbro :)

G

GreenNnice

Thank you, Sir! The plan is for me to take a few classes and get ministry credentials, but at the moment I'm limited due to life circumstances. I'm constantly plugged in at whatever church I'm at and I love it! Something always feels missing if I'm not ministering or helping in some capacity.
I didn't realize that faith counted as a spiritual gift either, but after reading the supplied definitions and looking into it a tad further it makes sense. I think it's pretty cool :)
Your circumstances are in His hands, have faith and go forth, step, the only way we can even hope to ever get to where we want to go is to take a first step. From there, faith gets us through to where He and , therefore, we want to go , basschicky :)

P

Preethi4Jesus

I have the gift of counseling and intercession, too... there are other gifts to be included in the list..

C

CC_Bride

Hospitality - I make people fat to the glory of God!! LOL

Wisdom - Im not saying Im the be and end all of everything amazing, trust me Ive had verbal diarhorea come out, but this is a gift Im working on that people in my life have confirmed in me. I have this uncanny ability to give practical wisdom to anyone, and not the bland generic kind, but specific information solely for that person and no one else. Part of this comes from my training as an occupational therapist, but I think my secular training was just further emphasised through the gift that was given to me as a new Christian.

G

GreenNnice

I have the gift of counseling and intercession, too... there are other gifts to be included in the list..
Oh, yes, there are a lot more spiritual gifts than I named, probably could think of 50+ if you really thought about it . Soooo, what are you doing right now :D

And, yeah, great adds, counseling and intercession, I don't know its a gift of 'score,' but I have intercessory prayed for my pastor when he was starting out.

Thiose that may not undrrstand, intercessiory prayer is praying on someone'behalf, like I was praying for my new pastor as he was speaking to congregation. 'Interceding' would be the action word of 'intercessory.'

So many, neat, neat gifts people have to serve the kingdom of God :)

Be warned ! Taking this test(and try to take both tests, i haven't yet, but will, the Lord leads :) ), having been done in right spiritual frame of mind, WILL change the way you view yourself. And, it just might change more than just your 'view,' it might change your life :)

Hospitality - I make people fat to the glory of God!! LOL

Wisdom - Im not saying Im the be and end all of everything amazing, trust me Ive had verbal diarhorea come out, but this is a gift Im working on that people in my life have confirmed in me. I have this uncanny ability to give practical wisdom to anyone, and not the bland generic kind, but specific information solely for that person and no one else. Part of this comes from my training as an occupational therapist, but I think my secular training was just further emphasised through the gift that was given to me as a new Christian.
LOL, cc, to 'fattening folk' part , but, yeah, uh-huh, 'wisdom,' you have given us that, including your telling us of the great forgiveness book, Hosea :) blessings to ya, milady with ye who has the wisdom of 'Sheldon.' :D

Christ peeps!
&&&&&&&&&&Y@@@@@@@O-----+++*:'"!/u

HAVe a gift, or, gifts, just pray to God for undetstanding as you take tests :) YOu will find them

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GreenNnice

I figure , since the Meyers Briggs is out there, that the spiritual gifts test can be complementary, too.

(And, yes, lightnin' , I know, I know, I said I was going to take a 2nd test and have not yet. The Lord leads, and, yes, yes, I will do it soon, as He leads :) )

Great, too, you did take the two different tests, I think it is important to get a full-rounded appreciation and understanding of your gifts that God has given you. If you are His, pray before taking test, too, let the Spirit really lead you on this, Christ peeps :)

Remember too, there are ZILLIONS of gifts, I just mentioned a few.

There is also the part of YOUR CALLING. The voting consists of those two different voting ideas melded into one. I shoulda done too, but, like I keep telling EVERYBODY, sigh, you try living with these green brains :D

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
I took a different inventory, so this variant intrigues me. I'll probably take it now!

I do, however, feel the need to post the results of my old test. It asks a series of 125 questions, and has you rate them 1-4. After doing so, you tally the responses in each given category to find out the order and intensity of what you're 'gifted in' ...but not necessarily 'called to'.

The highest rank one could have is '20', as there are 5 questions of each type that can be ranked 1-4, so that established:

1. Music @ 19pts
2. Faith @ 18pts
3. Prophecy @ 16pts

*other notables*

4. Shepparding/Exhortation (both tied) @ 15pts
5. Evangelism, Serving, Compassion (all tied) @ 14pts
6. Apostleship, Discernment, Helps (again tied) @ 13pts
7. Wisdom/Teaching (still tied) @ 12pts

I have several beneath this, but 10 is the 'half-way' point, so I figured I'd only list these. I also list these to demonstrate that you can be 'gifted' in multple areas, or more practically, can work on whatever areas you so desire to achieve balance.

Now to take this new test which has caught my interest!

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
Alright! Based of This Spiritual Gifts Inventory...I scored:

1. Music (Vocal) & Music (Instrumental) @ 14pts
2. Knowledge & Exhortation @ 13pts
3. Evangelism & Teaching @ 12pts

...everything else was pretty much 10 except for one 9, two 8s, and one 6.

As far as 'calling'...God has called me to be a pastor. I voted thus.

G

GreenNnice

Hmmm, yes, those gifts align your calling quite well, I think, AsIf.
if you could, for those wanting to, maybe, post that test , too. It can give people an even more distinct calling of God's future will on their life :)

Music is such a great ministry, Reeses, I think it's a great way to lead others to Christ, and, a gift of evangelism.and teacher both add, greatly, to the power of that kind of blessed way of ministry, or, how 'bout if we call your giftedness musicstry , Christbro :)

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
Hmmm, yes, those gifts align your calling quite well, I think, AsIf.
if you could, for those wanting to, maybe, post that test , too. It can give people an even more distinct calling of God's future will on their life :)

Music is such a great ministry, Reeses, I think it's a great way to lead others to Christ, and, a gift of evangelism.and teacher both add, greatly, to the power of that kind of blessed way of ministry, or, how 'bout if we call your giftedness musicstry , Christbro :)
Lol, thanks bud. I'll have to check that no copyrights are being infringed, but I'll have a look to see if I can post it here.

K

kayem77

I didnt know there were two tests. I took the one on the second link and my top three were:
Teaching:16
Hospitality:15
Knowledge:14

I took a different test from a church's website a week ago and it seems the results matches these results:

28 Teacher
25 Giver
25 Mercy/Compassion
24 Server
23 Prophet/Perceiver
22 Exhorter/Encourager
13 Leader/Administrator

G

GreenNnice

I didnt know there were two tests. I took the one on the second link and my top three were:
Teaching:16
Hospitality:15
Knowledge:14

I took a different test from a church's website a week ago and it seems the results matches these results:

28 Teacher
25 Giver
25 Mercy/Compassion
24 Server
23 Prophet/Perceiver
22 Exhorter/Encourager
13 Leader/Administrator
KayM, you know what the first word that comes to mind from your more thorough test?
Missionary :)