spiritual meanings of words

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

negus

Apr 7, 2020
1 Corinthians 2:13: which also we speak, not in words taught of human wisdom, but in those taught of the Spirit, communicating spiritual things by spiritual means.

Explain this>

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020
“THIS”…. is used 2,786 X in the KJV. But the word in all its forms …occurs 5761 X.

It is used primarily as a pronoun…. i.e. > This is now bone of my bones

As a noun i.e. > Know ye not this parable

And an adverb …. i.e. > we never saw it on this fashion

:)

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
“THIS”…. is used 2,786 X in the KJV. But the word in all its forms …occurs 5761 X.

It is used primarily as a pronoun…. i.e. > This is now bone of my bones

As a noun i.e. > Know ye not this parable

And an adverb …. i.e. > we never saw it on this fashion

:)
Isn't it being used as an adjective in both cases...modifying parable and fashion?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
1 Corinthians 2:13: which also we speak, not in words taught of human wisdom, but in those taught of the Spirit, communicating spiritual things by spiritual means.

Explain this>
Another translation will likely help explain many seemingly obscure passages. Here's the NIV:

This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.

You can check dozens of English translations at BibleGateway.org.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
That is not what is found in the King James Bible, which says; Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

CRITICAL TEXT
ἃ καὶ λαλοῦμεν οὐκ ἐν διδακτοῖς ἀνθρωπίνης σοφίας λόγοις, ἀλλ' ἐν διδακτοῖς πνεύματος, πνευματικοῖς πνευματικὰ συνκρίνοντες.
RECEIVED TEXT
ἃ καὶ λαλοῦμεν οὐκ ἐν διδακτοῖς ἀνθρωπίνης σοφίας λόγοις ἀλλ' ἐν διδακτοῖς πνεύματος ἁγίου, πνευματικοῖς πνευματικὰ συγκρίνοντες[the word "holy" bolded and underlined, was absent from the Critical Text]

The two texts are almost identical, yet the modern version has changed the meaning. So what does this verse say according to the King James Bible (which many of us take to be the most trustworthy)?

1. Paul is given words by the Holy Spirit through which he communicates spiritual truths. Paul spoke and wrote by divine inspiration (as did all the human writers within the Bible).

2. Human wisdom is excluded from spiritual things, since "the natural man" cannot comprehend spiritual things. They are only spiritually discerned.

3. The Holy Spirit compares spiritual things with spiritual things, and since it is only the Holy Bible which contains spiritual things, the Holy Spirit uses what is in Scripture (comparing Scripture with Scripture) to establish spiritual truths. And this is what Christians must do to establish any doctrine. They will be taught and led the by the Holy Spirit to correctly interpret Scripture.

duewell

Mar 5, 2011

Explain this>
one of the greatest mysteries of the bible a person can experience and you simply ask someone to explain it.... ok!

first get yourself a magic eye poster or picture. its just a bunch of dots until you look at it a certain way.
now imagine all of creation is like that. how do you see the big picture? only the Spirit can show it to you.

the bible teaches us everything we need to know to follow the Spirit.
the only one who can help you follow the Spirit is Jesus.

you would have to be crazy to not believe its real

i knew nothing until i asked Jesus for help

duewell
the rainbow connection

duewell

Mar 5, 2011
one of the greatest mysteries of the bible a person can experience and you simply ask someone to explain it.... ok!

first get yourself a magic eye poster or picture. its just a bunch of dots until you look at it a certain way.
now imagine all of creation is like that. how do you see the big picture? only the Spirit can show it to you.

the bible teaches us everything we need to know to follow the Spirit.
the only one who can help you follow the Spirit is Jesus.

you would have to be crazy to not believe its real

duewell
the rainbow connection

so how could i teach something spiritually that i learned spiritually? using the above example.. i could create a 500 piece puzzle. on one side of the puzzle i could have a picture of an open bible with verses from the book of romans. once the puzzle was put together you could read the bible verses. on the other side of the puzzle the pieces would be white with numbers on them. once put together you would see its a paint by numbers canvas containing a scene from the bible.

now what would give you a greater sense of accomplishment. you putting the puzzle together yourself or having someone else do it for you. would you want someone else to paint it after you put it together? what other biblical lessons could you learn? do you just dump it out on the table and get upset it doesnt fall into place together? maybe you just look at the pile of pieces and say its not worth the effort. maybe you dont believe in puzzles. would you stand there saying there is no evidence that its a picture at all....

now imagine you could put the puzzle together again and again. using either side of the pieces that reveals even more pictures and scenes to paint. the bible teaches on so many levels of consciousness even as Jesus saves our soul. great teacher indeed.

duewell
the rainbow connection