Standards

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Shouryu

I prefer for my future husband to like alternative/rock music, but if he likes country music more (bleh) then I'm not going to write him off just for that.
Ladies and gentlemen, may I present...

*drumroll*

The only adult woman in North America who doesn't adore country music!

Be that as it may, you'd be surprised how a "tiny" accommodation takes it's toll after awhile. Ah, don't like riding in my car as much as you like yours, okay. Ah, and your XM radio is basically permanently set on the country stations....I suppose it's not quite the same issue if your significant other likes things IN ADDITION to country, because then you can find some common ground. But if they only listen to one thing, pretty much all the time, and you don't like that one thing? That can drive you pretty batty.

Oooh, she's taking a nap! 80's hits, here we come!

May 3, 2013
Hi, George! My mother, on her 70, still waits for a rich man who loves her... Whom do we have to love more than GOD? (the one we marry) In fact, we´re honored when someone made the "mistake" to marry me. Ja! Ja! :D

May 3, 2013
HA! HA! I´m the one who do not like salsa music and dislike colombian music but, ARE THESE FACTS important to marry or being married? (I´d better not to say I brush my teeth in my bed) :D

F

FireWire

No. Just seemed like a cynical post from what I understood of it. And I disagree.
Cynical?

I see nothing in the bible about compatibility apart from being equally yoked and certainly nothing about preferences in the context of popular secularist thinking.

Feel free to correct if me I'm wrong as always.

G

GraceRevelation

I sort of agree but not completely. I think some people can be extreme, either having extremely very low standards or extremely high and unreachable standards. Your right about perfection not being found in people, it's found in Jesus. When it comes to looking for the right person to marry, I believe in following the leading of the Holy Spirit.

C

colalella2891

I'd like to think that God has "the perfect match" for us to marry. Not that they're perfect with no flaws, but that they're the right fit, compatibly.

My parents got a divorce recently, and they really weren't ever right for each other. My mom was speaking to God years ago about her marriage and my dad, and she said God told her, "You picked him..." So, she's sure that she missed out on who she really was supposed to marry. She says that she's a completely different person than she was then, and she admits that she wouldn't have picked my dad.

So yeah, God has to lead you to the right person.

May 24, 2013
I think its all about synchronicity; being honorable; keeping yourself at your best on all levels - few are going to find an initial attraction to someone that is generally out of shape and not with it - so you need to work on yourself - love comes and sometimes its an instant flow - but I would say be at your best at all time - at least work on it, and have faith in God ...

S

SeatBelt

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present...

*drumroll*

The only adult woman in North America who doesn't adore country music!

Be that as it may, you'd be surprised how a "tiny" accommodation takes it's toll after awhile. Ah, don't like riding in my car as much as you like yours, okay. Ah, and your XM radio is basically permanently set on the country stations....I suppose it's not quite the same issue if your significant other likes things IN ADDITION to country, because then you can find some common ground. But if they only listen to one thing, pretty much all the time, and you don't like that one thing? That can drive you pretty batty.

Oooh, she's taking a nap! 80's hits, here we come!
I'd post Robert Earl Keen's "It's the Little Things" as a response to that, but it might be a little too Country for Rachel... and it may be a little too unChristian for some more sensitive members of the audience here.

K

kaytyndy

hahahahaha interest