Staying Pure

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GRA

Just wondering if anyone out there has any experience and good advice on how to keep a relationship before marriage pure. My boyfriend and I seem to really struggle with this. I mean, we have never had sex. but a lot of the things we start to do make us feel guilty. we get caught up a lot and then right in the middle of something one of us says stop. We both feel incredibly guilty afterwards. We both know what we want, and it is to stay away from that crap. However, we just keep repeating the same cycles. we will do great for a period of time, but we always screw up again. Has anyone experienced this but overcome it? We just want to get passed this, I'm not sure why we just can't.
Consider this scenario:

I come over to your house, where you and your boyfriend are sitting on the couch. After we exchange social pleasantries, the following conversation ensues...

ME: "Why don't the two of you lay down on the couch together."

YOU: "Right now?!?"

ME: "Yes - and get comfortable."

YOU: "Well... O.K."

And the two of you lay down on the couch together...

ME: "Nice and cozy?"

YOU: "Yes, we are..."

So, we talk for a while...

At a certain point in time, it becomes somewhat obvious that the two of you are starting to "feel the temptation"...

ME: "The two of you just go ahead and do whatever it is that you feel like doing at this moment..."

YOU: "What?!? With you right there watching us? I don't think so..."

ME: "Good. I am glad you see it that way. Now, remember -- at every moment - when the two of you are together - God is watching you..."

;)

AAAPlus

Aug 2, 2011
Sorry, I don't think the whole "God is watching you" thing actually scares people off. Now, maybe if you put up a wall-sized poster of Jesus in every room of the house... ;)