Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014
my reward for packing ultra light?

bringing two black heeled shoes that look remarkably alike, and yet are from two different pairs. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. that's what i get for saving my packing for the last minute.

guess who's going shoe shopping on the way to dinner tonight? : )

K

kenthomas27

I'm with Aimee - love when you make pictures for us. Also, I can't imagine how bizarre this must feel for you Kenthomas. How are you able to see? I'm surprised that with all the technology out these days, they can't "fix" that for you. O_O
Thank you GLR and Fenner and Duchess - your concern made my heart hurt. But the good news is that even though I'm seeing upside down my mind has compensated so that I reckon the images as right side up. Now if YOU were looking out my eye you'd be all messed up but since space and relation to space is all relative to position in space, I "feel" as though I am in the correct position. It's a little like driving a motor boat with a stick tiller.

All this has to do with our position on earth and since I (and most of us) am/are relatively close to the equator, our compensation to this space/position paradigm is easier to adapt to. Canadians have a much harder time and should always wear safety glasses.

I'm on my phone and can't draw a picture for you but I have to say - the Maylasians really know how to throw a press conference, don't they?

Feb 18, 2013
I am so worried. :(

My 16 year old brother has just started dating a girl... who's an unbeliever.

- He's not supposed to be dating at all right now. Our family doesn't have a set age rule, it's more about what season of life you're in. High school is not the right season in life to be dating (according to our family).
- He 'got together' with her about a month ago and has been lying all over the place in order to get away with spending time with her. The only reason he got caught was because he was driving her to some place up the mountainside and they got stuck in the snow and had to be rescued by my dad.
- Even after coming clean to my parents, he continued to lie and deceive them. My mom confiscated his ipod touch which he uses for all his socializing, and he gave her his old ipod that he never uses, knowing she wouldn't know the difference. -.-
- Shortly before getting caught, he started to realize that maybe he should tell our parents the truth, so he sought advice from his youth pastor and two of the other male youth leaders. All three of them supported his relationship with the girl, despite her being an unbeliever, and one of them actually told him that he should NOT tell my parents. Needless to say, I'm very upset about this 'wisdom' he's received.
- My parents told him they can't keep them from seeing one another since they're classmates, but they're not allowed to date or be in an exclusive relationship. That didn't stop them.
- The only thing I'm thankful for is that my brother still feels comfortable confiding in me and he now tells me all his thoughts on all the drama he's been causing. He won't talk to my parents, so I know I'm in a good position right now to advise him so I am being very careful not to mess this up.
- He says that the family disapproval is actually fueling his desire to be with her, and he wants to 'prove us all wrong'. He says that if something bad happens then I'm welcome to say "I told you so".

At this point, I feel like the only things I can do are pray and keep the communication between us open. I'm so stressed because I can see where this is going. He's not mature enough in his faith to be a positive influence on her.. it's far more likely that she will be a negative influence on him. When I was a teenager in the youth group, many of my friends started dating unbelievers. Every last one of them either stopped going to church altogether, or still attend church but are not living a Christian life. Those who I still see at church have an incredibly warped worldview now and do not uphold scripture as their source of truth anymore. I'm worried that's what will happen to my brother. :(

Freaking out. I'd appreciate prayers.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Never thought of doing that before. I'll have to try it in 4 years. lol
No need to wait, cooking wines are very low in alcohol and sold in the grocery store. They're used to flavor food and the alcohol cooks off since it evaporates at a much lower temp than water.

PS, check with your folks first since I have no idea what their thoughts are about alcohol in general

PPS. How are things going with your Mom?

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010

- He's not supposed to be dating at all right now. Our family doesn't have a set age rule, it's more about what season of life you're in. High school is not the right season in life to be dating (according to our family).
- He 'got together' with her about a month ago and has been lying all over the place in order to get away with spending time with her. The only reason he got caught was because he was driving her to some place up the mountainside and they got stuck in the snow and had to be rescued by my dad.
- Even after coming clean to my parents, he continued to lie and deceive them. My mom confiscated his ipod touch which he uses for all his socializing, and he gave her his old ipod that he never uses, knowing she wouldn't know the difference. -.-
- Shortly before getting caught, he started to realize that maybe he should tell our parents the truth, so he sought advice from his youth pastor and two of the other male youth leaders. All three of them supported his relationship with the girl, despite her being an unbeliever, and one of them actually told him that he should NOT tell my parents. Needless to say, I'm very upset about this 'wisdom' he's received.
- My parents told him they can't keep them from seeing one another since they're classmates, but they're not allowed to date or be in an exclusive relationship. That didn't stop them.
- The only thing I'm thankful for is that my brother still feels comfortable confiding in me and he now tells me all his thoughts on all the drama he's been causing. He won't talk to my parents, so I know I'm in a good position right now to advise him so I am being very careful not to mess this up.
- He says that the family disapproval is actually fueling his desire to be with her, and he wants to 'prove us all wrong'. He says that if something bad happens then I'm welcome to say "I told you so".

At this point, I feel like the only things I can do are pray and keep the communication between us open. I'm so stressed because I can see where this is going. He's not mature enough in his faith to be a positive influence on her.. it's far more likely that she will be a negative influence on him. When I was a teenager in the youth group, many of my friends started dating unbelievers. Every last one of them either stopped going to church altogether, or still attend church but are not living a Christian life. Those who I still see at church have an incredibly warped worldview now and do not uphold scripture as their source of truth anymore. I'm worried that's what will happen to my brother. :(

Oh man...that has to be hard. I'll be praying.

jitterbug

Banned for posting fake personal catastrophe
Mar 18, 2014

Prayers for you and your brother tonight. May the Lord be with you.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
No need to wait, cooking wines are very low in alcohol and sold in the grocery store. They're used to flavor food and the alcohol cooks off since it evaporates at a much lower temp than water.

PS, check with your folks first since I have no idea what their thoughts are about alcohol in general

PPS. How are things going with your Mom?
Doesn't the alcohol eventually evaporate when it gets to a high enough heat anyways? But yeah, Mom and Dad don't really drink. They might not be too against it. That's something I'd really have to ask about. I mean, I've had beer battered things before at restaurants like pickles and I believe onion rings. But by the time those things are fried and ready there's no alcohol in it. I dunno if this would be different or not.

Mom's very tired and her stress levels are through the roof. She's fighting the good fight, though. :) She says she's gonna fight this Scripturally and Dad's right beside her. So that does help things.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
So, the guy that I feel I have successfully started un-liking is going to be interning at my/my parents' church this summer. He really wants to work with my dad and meet with him every week or something. I can't blame him, my dad is awesome. My parents have met him a few times before and my mom pretty much adores him.

Here's hoping I stay strong. Oy vey.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia

Love you and I'm praying for you guys.

Aug 2, 2009

I think it would be a good idea to get as many people as possible to pray for the girl's conversion. What he said about how trying to make him stop seeing her is just making him want to see her more is probably true. That's how love often is. I've heard stories of people converting after others had prayed for them so I know its possible. God bless...and its nice to see you posting again. :)

W

ww_21

Good Morning, I missed you guys last night. Left chat kinda early to read. How is everyone?

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013

Why would a youth pastor tell your brother not to tell his parents the truth. Regardless if you agree or not that's bad advice.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Good Morning, I missed you guys last night. Left chat kinda early to read. How is everyone?
Missed ya, dubs. ♥ I'm good. I have little people in my house. Loud little people. >.> Also absolutely adorable little people. I'll be seeing my sister tomorrow!

Misty77

Aug 30, 2013
Doesn't the alcohol eventually evaporate when it gets to a high enough heat anyways? But yeah, Mom and Dad don't really drink. They might not be too against it. That's something I'd really have to ask about. I mean, I've had beer battered things before at restaurants like pickles and I believe onion rings. But by the time those things are fried and ready there's no alcohol in it. I dunno if this would be different or not.
My understanding is that alcohol makes food taste better because it intensifies the smell, thus enhancing the flavor. Some of it evaporates, but not all. You're pretty safe if you eat it, though. With most foods cooked in alcohol, you would be sick to your stomach long before you ate enough to get you buzzed.

Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 11.25.29 AM.png
Alcohol Burn-off Chart

jitterbug

Banned for posting fake personal catastrophe
Mar 18, 2014
Customer on phone: Yes I need to have my car towed it won't start.
Levi: Okay maam, is it a dead battery or is it just not starting?
Customer: It turns over but won't start.
Levi: Okay man I'll Have Jasen come pick you up.

I get to her house to load up said broken down vehicle. Upon initial inspection before loading i noticed the gas gauge buried below the empty mark. Long story short 5 gallons of gas and she was back on the road. Oh did i mention the car was in her driveway lol.