Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014
Is delayed jetlag possible? I got back to town Monday night, and purposely didn't sleep much on my 20+ hour trip home so that I could fall asleep at a reasonable hour. I slept from 12am-8am, so I thought I was fine, but last night I couldn't sleep until 5am. -.-
yesssss! anytime you travel across that many timezones, if you're anything like me, you'll feel the affects for about a week, until you slowly get back on track.

while i'm not a big proponent of the regular use of melatonin, it's about the best thing ever for jetlag. when i'd come back from asia, i'd give myself a swing day and not sleep much, then utilize melatonin to get back on schedule.

welcome back, btw. are you going to share any pics?

p.s. like so many other things, i REALLY think exercise helps jet lag a lot too - something about the circulation in your brain or simply helping you sleep better? i don't have any empirical evidence on that, though.

Last edited:

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014
yesssss! anytime you travel across that many timezones, if you're anything like me, you'll feel the affects for about a week, until you slowly get back on track.

while i'm not a big proponent of the regular use of melatonin, it's about the best thing ever for jetlag. when i'd come back from asia, i'd give myself a swing day and not sleep much, then utilize melatonin to get back on schedule.

p.s. like so many other things, i REALLY think exercise helps jet lag a lot too - something about the circulation in your brain or simply helping you sleep better? i don't have any empirical evidence on that, though.
maybe i should stop sniping about people using the word "affect" for "effect", considering i just did it.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. that really ticks me off. these things always happen when i'm trying to do two things at once.

when will i learn?

probably never.

Last edited:
K

keep_on_smiling

One of my delightful students told me today that I'm pretty old. Of course it wasn't fun hearing that, but I told her I was and asked her how old she thought I was, when she answered 16, I felt a little better :) Though I wish I weren't old, I'm not sure I'd want to be 16 again.

My students make me smile daily, they truly are a huge blessing!

D

Donkeyfish07

So we have this stuffed birdy thing that tweets, a cat toy. Some of you have seen my little orange cat Milo. My roomie hid it from her the other day because she is like a crackhead with that thing. She put it in a bread box, that is like at the highest point of the Kitchen and closed the bread box. I come home from work this morning, and she had did some ninja kitty gymnastics and managed to figure out how to open the breadbox. She was laying on my bed with the birdie in her mouth, tail twitching, and growling the most awful growl I've ever heard out of her. I was gonna play with her a little but as soon as I put my hand out, she went all wolverine on me and sliced me open. Blood running all down my hand. She's sitting there with her ears back, unremorseful, still growling giving me the "That's right, don't you DARE mess with my birdie again. That was just a warning shot".

Sep 6, 2013
So we have this stuffed birdy thing that tweets, a cat toy. Some of you have seen my little orange cat Milo. My roomie hid it from her the other day because she is like a crackhead with that thing. She put it in a bread box, that is like at the highest point of the Kitchen and closed the bread box. I come home from work this morning, and she had did some ninja kitty gymnastics and managed to figure out how to open the breadbox. She was laying on my bed with the birdie in her mouth, tail twitching, and growling the most awful growl I've ever heard out of her. I was gonna play with her a little but as soon as I put my hand out, she went all wolverine on me and sliced me open. Blood running all down my hand. She's sitting there with her ears back, unremorseful, still growling giving me the "That's right, don't you DARE mess with my birdie again. That was just a warning shot".
This made me laugh out loud! (Though, uh, I'm sorry about your hand.)

Things to remember:

Crackhead cats don't play around, man.

Misty77

Aug 30, 2013
maybe i should stop sniping about people using the word "affect" for "effect", considering i just did it.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. that really ticks me off. these things always happen when i'm trying to do two things at once.

when will i learn?

probably never.
Your sins against grammar are absolved, my child.

I

iTOREtheSKY

For Donkey...
Sorry there's none for crackhead cats,but these will have to do.

bandages.jpg

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Is delayed jetlag possible? I got back to town Monday night, and purposely didn't sleep much on my 20+ hour trip home so that I could fall asleep at a reasonable hour. I slept from 12am-8am, so I thought I was fine, but last night I couldn't sleep until 5am. -.-
I've heard the average for getting over jet lag is 1 day per hour time difference. But yes I've also found jet lag to be worse on the 2nd and 3rd nights than on the first when I'm exhausted from traveling. Sunlight also seems to affect it as when I traveled from northern to southern hemisphere during the southern summer I didn't feel tired till the sun went down even if that was 9 PM, then I was ready to crash as soon as it was dark.

W

ww_21

I’m still depressed, but how depressed I am varies, which is good. Most of the time, it’s a comfortable numbness that just makes things feel muted. Other times, I’m standing in the shower or something and I can feel the nothingness hurtling toward me at eight thousand miles per hour and there’s nothing I can really do aside from let it happen and wait until it goes away again.

Misty77

Aug 30, 2013
I feel lonelier in the city surrounded by people than out in the sticks. I guess it's that pain of hope unfulfilled as each person walks by, uncaring and uninterested. It's a continuous stream of rejection. How is it possible to be among such a crowd and still be so alone?

Sep 6, 2013
I feel lonelier in the city surrounded by people than out in the sticks. I guess it's that pain of hope unfulfilled as each person walks by, uncaring and uninterested. It's a continuous stream of rejection. How is it possible to be among such a crowd and still be so alone?
Maybe being with a crowd raises the expectation of people actually caring? Hmmm. :(

*hugs* Love you Misty. I'm gonna come see you soon!

I

iTOREtheSKY

I'm sorry you feel so alone. I've been there before,so I DO know how yer' feeling. It will pass. It always does.
Many times in those moments I have to remind myself that really all I need is God,and no one else. Many times that doesn't comfort me. Not one bit. I just want to feel wanted or needed,or just like someone truly cares if I live or die. Something tangible. It always does pass,and I'm reminded that the only loneliness I really have are those times that I've turned my back on God. I'm praying for you. Not in the cliche' sense,like "chin up little buck-a-roo"...I'm praying that God's Spirit will crush that loneliness & fill you with contentment & joy. Obviously,if you just wanna vent & need an ear to listen or someone to pray with/for you,you know how to reach me...and I'm sure many other's on here who care about you.

((hugssssssssss)) :)

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
I have a good feeling about this summer. It will be quite a different summer than last. I think last summer was a good summer for me to get established here, a fun-loving, free-spirited summer to help me heal from previous events. I grew a lot. I think this summer will be more...deep healing.

I asked the woman who leads my weekly ladies Bible study (which is postponed for the summer) if she would mentor me for the summer. She said she'd be thrilled. I think that will be a very good thing. I've never been mentored before, and I'm not sure she has mentored anyone before either, so this will be a new experience for both of us. I think it will be good for me. It will definitely stretch me. I'm not used to being so open and vulnerable with someone. But, I trust her completely. She already knows some of my story, anyway.

B

blueorchidjd

So today was the day that I put in my two weeks notice at my job...But honestly more like 12 days notice :D
My last day is on the 7th but technically on the 9th, even though I have that day off.
But it was so weird because my HR manager asked me if there was something that I could tell them to improve the quality of the establishment and I couldn't think of anything so I just said that I felt kind of a cold shoulder from all the nurses I have been working with lately.
And it seems like she understood, it was so odd lol.
And then she asked me if I had a plan and I said no.
And she thought it was odd, and then there was a moment as I left where I felt I should have given her a hug lol....but I didn't. hahahha.
And then. I realized that with this experience that I should learn to speak up more.
Like actually tell people what's up.
I guess you could say that I've gotten soft to the point where criticism hurts, even if it is constructive.

But right now I feel that if it is God's will that I go back out working again, he will provide me with a new place to work, and the honest thing is I don't feel that he will have me wait very long if that is his plan. :) God is good!

A lot of people say that whenever something like this happens it is like a new chapter in a book, but I feel that this is the sequel.

Feb 18, 2013

Ah, I see. I did take melatonin that first night, but I guess since I got a full night's rest during normal sleeping hours, I thought I'd beaten the jetlag. Darn. :p I'll try the melatonin tonight and see if I can fix it.

Thanks for the welcome! I was going to upload a handful of photos to an album on my CC profile, but for some reason it won't let me. :/ So, here's a couple of my favorite pictures. :)

Making dumplings
10354149_10154158502010473_2541616232516332944_n.jpg

Trying xiaolongbao for the first time. These cute thin-skinned dumplings not only have a meaty center, they also contain a soup. They're like tiny soup bombs that explode all over your face if eaten incorrectly. I experienced such an explosion, which was actually the reason behind my laughter in my current avatar.
10257174_10152441386219289_7070991475838244779_n.jpg

At "the top" restaurant, nestled into the side of a mountain, providing gorgeous views of downtown Taipei.
10325743_10154171358295473_6263132258437383669_n.jpg

Waterfalls in Keelung
1535036_10154172121070473_6366382324457627462_n.jpg

Famous Taipei night market. Everything was delicious and SO SO SO inexpensive. I completely stuffed my face for about $2.50. Oh, and there was plenty of inexpensive non-food stuff.. but let's be honest. I went there for the food.
1554375_10154172151340473_5713849746037535145_n.jpg

Taipei 101. Formerly the tallest building in the world until 2010.
10273462_10154214578800473_1203450210371566682_n.jpg

One of my favorite simple pleasures: zipping around town on this. I got to drive it too!
10395835_10154245373510473_8808559657930849140_n.jpg

Anyone interested in seeing more, just message me and I'll send you a link to my facebook album. I just didn't want to post the link here.

M

MissCris

I have my phone set to lock after 5 minutes, so that I can tell how long I've been sitting here zoning out. Those 5 minutes were spent rather productively for once...well, compared to the average um...zoning out time. Why do I do this to myself? This whole posting in here when I'm literally half asleep thing. No dreams of fowl beasts (ha, geddit?) yet. I think I was trying to say something about what I was thinking about, but brain function has become so limited that I can't even be sure what I'm thinking about right now let alone...something.

I had a near-death experience today, with what I thought was some kind of very small, very dangerous, very red little spidery type bug. That thing was crawling across my daughter's high chair tray at lightning speed. Upon closer inspection (because everyone wants a closer look at a thing they're pretty sure is about to kill them), I discovered it was a lone red sprinkle, the tiny round kind, that fell off one of those pink and white frosted circus animal cookies.

Needless to say (so I'm saying it anyway), nobody was injured during this briefly terrifying moment.

Goodnight, world.

Last edited by a moderator:

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014
loveneverfails: thanks for sharing your pictures! it looks like you had a great time.

hope your jet lag lifts soon. : )