Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CarolSampaio

I guess I just didn't think there would be many Japanese in Brazil. I guess I was wrong. Cool. :)
Oh boy... it's one of the largest imigrant communities in Brazil... this is a neighborhood called Liberdade, in São Paulo... just for you to get a feel of it...
images-10.jpeg

M

MollyConnor

I was right. Epic nap this afternoon.

Sales went better than expected. A writer acquaintance and his wife drove down (2 hours out of their way) to get some cheesecake and bread from me. I met him at a Christian writer's conference a year and a half ago. That was great fun. His wife is really lovely!

Sales were better than expected, for which I am grateful. Sold out of a few flavors, which always makes me happy. Was yelled at by a customer because I sold out of the one they wanted before they go there.... it's a risk you take. She drove 30 minutes!! I make so many and you can't expect to show up at 3:30pm on Saturday (end of a two day market) and expect that everything you want will be available. The yelling stunk.

I really want to sleep more. I'm so tired. But I should probably wait till bedtime now. Sigh. I think I'm fighting off whatever crud that people around town have been getting.
Olerica, that's awesome! I'm happy for you and your success! I would love to see your breads and cakes. Please take pictures when you can. I just want to know how they look, I bet delicious! I bake myself but I don't think I'm talented enough to sell them hehe. :)

C

CarolSampaio

Really? Wow. I had no idea. You learn something new every day. That's very cool. Thanks for sharing, Carol. :)
My pleasure, Tintin...

You know, you remind me of a very dear friend of mine..

He is so polite and so proper that I always tell him I feel like an ogre next to him... :)

I kinda get the same feeling from you! :D

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
I just found out some terrible news. I get it, suicide happens every day, but the YouTuber I met back in June? His friend committed suicide. And my heart is just so heavy.

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
Sorry you got yelled at - having a customer upset over something not being available is a testament to the quality of your product. And it's better than having her upset over something she DID get. Still the yelling...ugh...I worked customer service at Kohl's for a bit and know how that can get.

30 minutes? I would be driving about 10 hours...and if there is no raspberry/lemon...there would be heck to pay!! No, actually, I would just ask your recommendation for something else.

Apr 15, 2014
Sorry you got yelled at - having a customer upset over something not being available is a testament to the quality of your product. And it's better than having her upset over something she DID get. Still the yelling...ugh...I worked customer service at Kohl's for a bit and know how that can get.

30 minutes? I would be driving about 10 hours...and if there is no raspberry/lemon...there would be heck to pay!! No, actually, I would just ask your recommendation for something else.
Well, then I'd better get to inventing something lemon/raspberry just for you! (I have a peach raspberry, a white chocolate raspberry, a lemon blueberry, and a lemon rosemary.... and all seasonal)

NOTHING was right for that (elderly) woman, and she was really excited about the flavor last weekend and it was for her I made sure that I had some on hand, but sales were SLOW and I took them where I got them, you know?

Anywhoo.....

Apr 15, 2014
Think zinc. Recommend acquisition of zinc via cold-eeze or generic equivalent.
*whine* but then I have to go out into the world to get some. I just want to laze about.

Harrumph.

T

Tintin

My pleasure, Tintin...

He is so polite and so proper that I always tell him I feel like an ogre next to him... :)

You're no ogre, dear sister. But thanks all the same. Bless you. :)

Aug 2, 2009
ROD STEWART SINGING A CCR SONG.
[video=youtube;2oX2FSv4Rys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oX2FSv4Rys&list=RDkDAMRMQr48g&index=32[/video]
king of funny to me, but still good.
You just went up 10 points on my cool-ness scale because you know who CCR is and you know this song! :D

Jan 27, 2015
I just found out some terrible news. I get it, suicide happens every day, but the YouTuber I met back in June? His friend committed suicide. And my heart is just so heavy.
Aw no, I'm so sorry :'(

I hope your friend has God's comfort in his grief, as well as the family.

Apr 15, 2014
Olerica, that's awesome! I'm happy for you and your success! I would love to see your breads and cakes. Please take pictures when you can. I just want to know how they look, I bet delicious! I bake myself but I don't think I'm talented enough to sell them hehe. :)
misc 043.jpg
This was my sample case from the beginning of the market about a year ago (I can tell because of the pumpkin). Typically now I sample nearly twice this, I try to have as many to taste as I can because I do so many different cheesecake flavors.

001.jpg

This is bread from a few weekends ago. The muffiny looking things are my samples, I sell the baguettes, mostly. I am working on a few quick breads and I do a few different kinds of cookies as well.

Apr 15, 2014
I am so sorry. There is no easy comfort, no reason, not a lot of peace - save in the hope that this person who's heart broke so much they couldn't live any longer was also held tight in the arms of our Savior.

M

MissCris

Battlestar Galactica. Hot coffee. Cozy quilt. YES.

Hope everyone has a good night :D

S

Siberian_Khatru

A neighbor of ours we've known for 20+ years took his own life recently. It's crazy how much more 'real' it feels when it's someone closer to your heart (or someone within a physically close proximity). My heart goes out to his loved ones and to you.

Aug 2, 2009
A neighbor of ours we've known for 20+ years took his own life recently. It's crazy how much more 'real' it feels when it's someone closer to your heart (or someone within a physically close proximity). My heart goes out to his loved ones and to you.
Wow sorry to hear that, SK. I think its getting more common these days.

S

Siberian_Khatru

You just went up 10 points on my cool-ness scale because you know who CCR is and you know this song! :D
It's a pretty decent cover too. Rod Stewart's voice isn't such a contrast from John Fogerty's.

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
My pleasure, Tintin...

Tintin makes you feel like an ogre?

I get that.

His beard alone makes me feel inadequate. :p

M

MollyConnor

This is how we roll in Texas grocery stores...okay okay, I have no idea if he's in Texas, but he's adorable!

[video=youtube;DiEk-E5F1C0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiEk-E5F1C0[/video]