Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
My life must fit in two suitcases. That’s how I can describe all the things around me at the moment.
Those are the two free checked in bags that I am allowed at this airline, which is one of the reasons I chose it. Two checked in bags with an allowed limit of 50 lbs.

That actually isn’t much if you consider you have to fit in everything you ever possessed and loved - it can be harder than you can think. No worries – I got this. Been there, done that got the t-shirt, many, many times.
It’s just that you start to gain roots in little places and the uprooting always turns out to be painful.

I try to prioritize things like this – first are the gifts I receive from people, second are the things that I love and third are clothes.
The letters, the postcards, the ticket stubs – they have a meaning to me and I have accumulated a lot of it but I can’t give them up.

Someone made a calendar for me. Handwritten with beautiful notes from friends that spanned a whole year.
That year is coming to an end and it is breaking my heart. The first time I travelled abroad, I left it behind. Then my dad, the superhero brought it with him – of all the things he could bring for me in a foreign country, and I treated it with gentleness.

It adorned a special place in my apartment window – the one with walls as windows.
I remember sleeping in one of the most beautiful places, on a high hill with the night sky and the lights of a city glaring before me. I felt the moon on a crisp night peeking into the largest windows spanning my entire apartment just as the snow flakes started falling.

I never closed the blinds at night for a long time.

See, I take care of my things very well. Clothes last me years. I have maintained the same figure that I had from my college and high school days and I am very careful about my things.
They are all high quality and I told myself since I transformed into a frequent traveller that I won’t buy anything unnecessary.
But the accumulation… it is so much. I accumulated so much love.

You never enter a place and leave it the same. The memorabilia is for my children, if I ever have any or maybe to give someone when I die.
Still, I have to leave some things behind. It’s no longer places. There are things and even more, it is people.

I say, ‘I’ll be back and I will see you again.’ I add a I hope to in my mind because let’s face it – none of us can ever boast that we will see each other again, today or tomorrow.

So now I have to let go of the weight of some of that accumulation. And that is life in general. You have to say goodbye – and it means people.

The people that no longer have value in our lives must be cut off. At one point in my life, I thought I was gaining emotional strength from some of these people, but I realized those were just words. They were the worst kind – the ones that are empty and have no meaning.

At that time, I didn’t know because I never really experienced the kind of true love, help, support and kindness that God had provided for me through amazing people in my life. I had to learn the difference.

Part of me is angered that I allowed such things in my life. I wasted my space (in my brain) and my time on people who were not deserving of it. What angers me is that these people, who have barely any meaningful quantifiable contribution to my life suddenly want to have a stake in it – to be able to control my thoughts and my perceptions.
So in the journey of life too, take only the people you need – the pillars, the strength, the mirrors of truth. Build your memorabilia. Build your network.

Yet the excess baggage of people must be discarded. The price of them is way too costly for you to fly to the heights you need.

Right now though, when I close my eyes I see the most beautiful view I have seen in my life.

Outside my window, there were clouds descending in a beautiful shade of pink in the morning, trees in arrays of colors, double rainbows across the whole horizon and a clock tower reminding me of where I was...and who I have become.
It belonged to me and it always will.

I had to let go of those precious, beautiful things physically but their impressions are etched in my heart.

I know there will be more lovely things in the future, but for now I am going to enjoy my precious accumulation.
Wow who drew that picture of you in your avatar?? :eek:

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Why do my parents have to be so strange?

People are strange
When your a stranger
Faces look ugly
When your alone
Women seem wicked
When your unwanted
Streets are uneven
When your down
When your strange
Faces come out of the rain
When your strange
No one remembers your name
When your Strange
When your strange

Fom the Doors Album Strange Days

P

PrettyBelle72

Peeks her head in here and says HELLO!!!!

It really bites when you can't rememeber your password and don't have access to your old email and have to create a new username....giggles.
Oh Well. Hi my friends! I have missed you :)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Peeks her head in here and says HELLO!!!!

It really bites when you can't rememeber your password and don't have access to your old email and have to create a new username....giggles.
Oh Well. Hi my friends! I have missed you :)
Welcome... back! :)

(I must admit sheepishly, I don't recall your previous username...)

W

wwjd_kilden

People are strange
When your a stranger
Faces look ugly
When your alone
Women seem wicked
When your unwanted
Streets are uneven
When your down
When your strange
Faces come out of the rain
When your strange
No one remembers your name
When your Strange
When your strange

Fom the Doors Album Strange Days
First time I hear it was when watching this :D

The+Lost+Boys.jpg
:D

Huglife

Aug 15, 2016
And I thought Dark Souls was hard! This guy was insane....

Yet I couldn't help but love him for it

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Sephiroth? I just pulled out my level 4 limit break and sliced him to ribbons...

Wait are you talking about Final Fantasy VII or some other game?

Huglife

Aug 15, 2016
Sephiroth? I just pulled out my level 4 limit break and sliced him to ribbons...

Wait are you talking about Final Fantasy VII or some other game?
Kingdom Hearts

It is optional to fight him.... His health bar is huge! And it seems like it gets bigger as you fight him

Huglife

Aug 15, 2016
Going outside because the electricity is turned off

Huglife

Aug 15, 2016
I just 'drank' a large cup of melted non-fat chocolate yogurt... :rolleyes:

Ah that must have been awful....

Reminds me of the time I pulled a cup out of the cupboard and poured water in it. I took a sip, and what did I find? There was COFFEE GROUNDS IN THE CUP! And I swallowed said coffee grounds

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

Some day, I want to buy an old VW bug and spend 10x it's resale value to fix it up the way I'd like to have it. Yeah...