Street Preaching

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

HhhLGA89

God's word tell us to preach the word in season and out of season(2 Timothy 4:2). Lately (yet, I don't know how long this has been going on) I have seen more and more churches hit the street with with microphones and 12 foot tall banners that display biblical truths, but seem to be lacking much grace. They support their method with verses like Isaiah 13:2: Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles. I was wondering what ya'll thought about it?

And I think we should differentiate between churches with a more aggressive approach and cults like the Westboro Baptist Church.

And I am not at all against street preaching. I just think we should do it with a measure of humility, grace, and truth.For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another(Titus 3:3).

U

Ugly

We have posts on this every so often. Seems everyone on here is pretty much against this junk. Personally, though, i'm not a fan of this concept, even if it's done without all the hateful overtones. I think this kind of preaching in general looks more like mindless fanaticism than having any real chance at having any positive effect. More negatives than positives from it.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
This is not preaching, this is just hatred

R

Rosewater

Yikes. And I am just trying to work myself up to handing religious booklets to a passersby at the local mall. Sign (no pun intended) of the times maybe? God, Jesus and faith have become such quiet to silent topics in western societies maybe something "loud" is needed? In any case, I agree that any preaching should project God's and Jesus' love, not personal hatreds and judgments.

R

rixmohay

SOS San francisco has a good training on street preaching without being overbearing. Google them.

I

IamachildofGOD

I am not against it. I have a calling on my life to preach. Now for me to go out to the street to preach, I haven't been called to that. I agree that the Christian Community needs to get loud about sin once more. We have been too silent for too long. Now there iis the right way and the wrong way. Any street preacher that is preaching out of hate, they need to be in an alter. If it is witnessing, or preaching, on the streets or in a church or where ever it my be, we need to do it in a way that God's and Jesus love is being shown.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
We need to bear witness to what Christ has done in our lives. How has he changed us? What were our lives like before Christ? This is important for non Christians to hear. They will want what we have.

'God Loves you' would be a more positive and effective approach. Imagine how much of an impact those words might have on a person in their life at that point. What if someone suicidal were passing? It might encourage them to find out more about God. It would be a comfort to them when they're feeling weak.

It's all very well scaring someone with messages about hell, but there needs to be mention of God's love and forgiveness somewhere, otherwise it comes across as hateful and an empty message.

God would want us to speak the truth in love.

Just my thoughts..

cronjecj

Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Den
Sep 25, 2011
These people with da microphones seems to lack one very important thing THE GRACE OF GOD and the devil just loves to preach condemnation.

Those who sin willfully are under the wrath of God.

Those who sin unwillingly are under the grace of God.

Christ has not died so that we can be sinless, nay but to remove the penalty of sin.

Think about it we are sent to preach the the good news NOT judgement to scare people off because eventually people will run away from the faith because of this!

Don't even listen to these people they are raving wolves in sheep's clothing.

Peace out.

S

Sain

We have posts on this every so often. Seems everyone on here is pretty much against this junk. Personally, though, i'm not a fan of this concept, even if it's done without all the hateful overtones. I think this kind of preaching in general looks more like mindless fanaticism than having any real chance at having any positive effect. More negatives than positives from it.
If you don't mind me asking, how do you personally share the gospel? :)