Strictly Miscellaneous

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I should have messaged you right off the bat.

It is my bed time, so I will look for a response tomorrow.

My main concern is will I be able to use certain peripherals like my CD/DVD and a webcam? If I cannot, I probably have no need to go through the procedure except out of my always active cyber curiosity.......just curiosity, no prowess- Thank you and God bless you....

It sounds like you need a virtual machine like VBOX (virtualbox.org) from Oracle. It gives you a window into which you can install other operating systems like Linux or Win XP. Let me know if you need more info.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
I am "pretty sure" you can add those peripherials.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I have downloaded VBox + binaries and the user manual. For the moment I am just having them. I also haveanother folder with Windows' virtual counterpart for XP.........Is one preferred?

It sounds like you need a virtual machine like VBOX (virtualbox.org) from Oracle. It gives you a window into which you can install other operating systems like Linux or Win XP. Let me know if you need more info.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
I have downloaded VBox + binaries and the user manual. For the moment I am just having them. I also haveanother folder with Windows' virtual counterpart for XP.........Is one preferred?
I know nothing about Windows virtual counterpart. I would try that one first because it "might" be easier, but knowing Windows, I can't be confident about that.

There will be a small learning curve with VBOX. But it's nothing I can't walk you through (I hope).

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I have installed Oracle VBox. I have been working on things related to it since yesterday, and now I am really pooped from being on the machine all day.

For now I think I should back off the job for a while......head spinning, what is left of it. I felt the windows offer might be a bit wonky aftr watching videos on YouTube on both types......Oracle seems to be the better for m. God bless you Ernes!..jack

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
I have installed Oracle VBox. I have been working on things related to it since yesterday, and now I am really pooped from being on the machine all day.

For now I think I should back off the job for a while......head spinning, what is left of it. I felt the windows offer might be a bit wonky aftr watching videos on YouTube on both types......Oracle seems to be the better for m. God bless you Ernes!..jack

If you have any questions about VBox, feel free to PM me.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Here is something time and experience has given me to know...... Two years ago I tripped over a boundary marker in the bus station downtonw here in Torrevieja. It hurt and I could no longer cross my leg to tie my shoe or for whaterver reason. I did go to th edoctor for it, but no med or therapy was suggested nto that I wou take the med anyway.

Just over a month ago for other reasons I bought a cane, which took care of those other reasons immediately, but to my surprise, ti also completely alleviated my right knee for walking and I could cross my leg fter almost two years. Now I still use the cane for longer laks to keep some of the weight off of the right leg, but otherwise I am able to walk and sleep with not pain. Now truning on th eright leg only is still painful, so I do not do it, lol.

I wish someone would have suggested using a cane when I did it. So taking the weight off of aan injured leg, knee ankle or foot helps greatly for you.......I hope if anyone out ther is hurting that way that thsi works for you for the pain.....

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Here is an interesting linguistic curiosity.

The word in Hebrew for word is Dber.........Jesus Christ is the Deber.

In Spanish deber is the word for duty (among other meanings.) Call me as doddering, but I find this refreshing.

B

Bc5108

It depends on what it is and when I need it by

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Why am i always so sleepy=(... sure i slept after 11, and up bef. 5. But even after soaking in some sun, i'd be yawning again by and by.

Dec 9, 2011
I would be glued to a debate between Joseph Prince and Donnie Swaggert on Eternal Security of the believer, so that the listeners would be edified.

Dec 9, 2011
I think the reason that peoples names can be shown on polls,Is so that the person that voted can see which way they voted.

Dec 9, 2011
Why am i always so sleepy=(... sure i slept after 11, and up bef. 5. But even after soaking in some sun, i'd be yawning again by and by.
Your body may deficient of a mineral or vitamin.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
"Oh Canada!"

If I khave not mentioned it in the past......I truly love my family in Christ in Canada, and if yo folks keep it up, I just may start singing Oh Canada. Thank you for your love in Christ, always........

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Have u ever heard a happy little child seeing fireflies for the first time at night, giggling w/o a care who he wakes up? And it was not one night but 2... i hope those fireflies come again. And we really should give those fireflies names