TEMPLE......TO BE OR NOT TO BE....THAT IS MY QUESTION!!!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I guess you like taking away from what i said 😊
I know what you said.

Let me put it this way:
Willfully and intentionally jettisoning the Biblical doctrine of the rapture with extreme prejudice
motivated by promoting a heresy with full knowledge that it is a heresy is a heresy.

Does that help?

Feb 21, 2016
Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee
; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
Romans 5:12
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.

Romans 8:7
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Kroogz

Dec 5, 2023
I understand. It's easier to believe he was talking about 2,000 years later. That's not a stretch. I wonder what they will be saying in the year 4,000...any day now.
It is not a stretch considering His Grace and patience.

My attitude would be reflected in my actions. Which would be to inform them that their religion does not have a Savior or salvation. In other words informing them of God's ultimate work of love which is the epitome of loving your neighbor.

As for dealing with heretics.......the image of Jesus with a whip of cords comes to mind. As does His seven letters to seven churches in Revelation. How is that for a wonderful portrait of Jesus?

And you thought that providing safe harbor and succor to empty religions and heretics was love?
This is Paul"s perspective of the Church at Ephesus. Right before 70AD.

Eph 1:15~~For this reason I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the saints,

And John writes:

Rev 2~~
4 But I have this against you, that you have left your first love. 5 Therefore, remember from where you have fallen, and repent, and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and I will remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent.

Quite the change in perspective for being the same time frame don't ya think?

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I understand. It's easier to believe he was talking about 2,000 years later. That's not a stretch. I wonder what they will be saying in the year 4,000...any day now.
I understand your position a little bit better, I think, but 1Corinthians 15 gives me pause in seeing that the last trump has occurred, where the last enemy that shall be destroyed is death (1Cor15:26), and death and Hades are thrown into the lake of fire (Rev 20:14). Now, if the false prophet and the antichrist have been cast into the lof, then they are gone forever and no one will see nor hear from them ever again, but we still see and hear of death all too frequently for it to have been destroyed. Will it continue to exist perpetually 'in this world'?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
My attitude would be reflected in my actions. Which would be to inform them that their religion does not have a Savior or salvation. In other words informing them of God's ultimate work of love which is the epitome of loving your neighbor.

As for dealing with heretics.......the image of Jesus with a whip of cords comes to mind. As does His seven letters to seven churches in Revelation. How is that for a wonderful portrait of Jesus?

And you thought that providing safe harbor and succor to empty religions and heretics was love?
You always presume much in your responses and insinuate much as well. Of course it's loving to share truth with people. But we are to share the truth in love. So there is more to love than merely sharing truth. Belittling others doesn't fit the bill of truth in love regardless of your sentiments to the contrary.
And you comparing yourself to Jesus as if you are omniscient and can see into people's hearts and judge righteously is the epitome of pride. That's why Jesus told us to love others and leave judgment to Him.
But nothing I write will convince you otherwise. So...grace and peace.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Does this ring a bell?

Rom 1:18
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
Sure. It's part of the same book you can't explain.

Dec 18, 2023
I know what you said.

Let me put it this way:
Willfully and intentionally jettisoning the Biblical doctrine of the rapture with extreme prejudice
motivated by promoting a heresy with full knowledge that it is a heresy is a heresy.

Does that help?
it would only help if you hit me with your rhythm stick 😋

And then hit me with some thunder ⚡⚡⚡

Then if you sing me an Elvis song I could be persuaded 😊

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ "But God has revealed it to us by the Spirit. ..." v.10a ("us" being those who wrote the NT epistles/books after His resurrection--so we find that info there ;) )

Dec 18, 2023
same reason we can’t see this guy or Jesus

“And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭23:43‬ ‭

“And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them.

Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭12:10-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We can’t see heaven but we never could but he can see us

The LORD is in his holy temple, The LORD's throne is in heaven: His eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭11:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's:

But the earth hath he given to the children of men.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭115:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

flesh can’t see spirit
lol ok well you interrupted the first part of my question.

If you don't know me by now I always keep my trump cards for the end game 😋

The second part of the question issssssssss

If the rapture has happened in full, shouldn't we be seeing our loved ones 🥳

You know like our loved ones returning to planet earth with a glorified body 🤔

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Okay. So what event is so imminent and catastrophic that deals with Israel after 70 AD?
Like Kroogz has explained, I believe you are conflating v.1's "IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]" with the other verses' use of the word/phrase "is at hand [/soon; adverb]" (speaking of distinct things).

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
So there is more to love than merely sharing truth.
But that's where it's starts. No truth no love. And no love of the truth. Which of course brings Gods condemnation.

So how is condemning people by not telling them the truth love?
Because you ain't. Telling them the truth that is.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I understand your position a little bit better, I think, but 1Corinthians 15 gives me pause in seeing that the last trump has occurred, where the last enemy that shall be destroyed is death (1Cor15:26), and death and Hades are thrown into the lake of fire (Rev 20:14). Now, if the false prophet and the antichrist have been cast into the lof, then they are gone forever and no one will see nor hear from them ever again, but we still see and hear of death all too frequently for it to have been destroyed. Will it continue to exist perpetually 'in this world'?
Sure. I have explained this earlier but I'll try again.
Who holds the keys to death and hell now? Revelation 1:18 Jesus says He does. Who had them before the resurrection?
So why aren't are there still some of the effects of sin and death still with us?

Let's look for a moment at how death began. God made Adam and Eve. He placed them in the garden with 1 rule, and told them that in the day they broke that rule they would surely die. They did break the rule, and they did both begin to die physically, and immediately they died spiritually. But Adam still lived beyond 900 years. As more people come into the world, sin increases and longevity decreases. By the time David comes into the world, life expectancy is 70 to 80 years...Psalm 90:10. During the first century it was still lower. Today it is in the 70's again.

Another line of thought...
In the beginning, God came and walked each day with Adam and Eve and spoke with them. After sin, God spoke sporadically to some in the OT. Then He began speaking through prophets. And eventually 400 years of silence until the advent of Christ.
Look at the layout of the temple. It had an outer court for Gentiles. Inside this was a court for Jewish women. Inside this was a court for Jewish men. Inside this is a court for the priests. And within this was the Holy of Holies where 1 man 1 time each year was allowed to go in and speak with God.

From the onset of sin to the advent of Christ, things were getting worse both physically and spiritually. People were dying progressively faster and God Himself was increasingly difficult for people to draw near.

Then Jesus comes. He dies and is resurrected. The veil is rent. He shows up with the keys to death and hell after announcing that He would build His church and the gates of hell would not prevail against it. Far from being hard to reach, all believers have been made priests and have direct access to the throne room of God. There's a new Sheriff in town.

But just as things didn't deteriorate over night, God has chosen to put things back as they were in very deliberate fashion. But make no mistake. Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil. And He is, and He will continue to do so. The effects of sin will eventually be reversed, and the kingdoms of this world will fully become the kingdoms of our God and Christ...Revelation 11:15.

The effects of sin weren't immediately known but increased over time. Why is it odd that the effects of the resurrection would do so as well?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
But that's where it's starts. No truth no love. And no love of the truth. Which of course brings Gods condemnation.

So how is condemning people by not telling them the truth love?
Because you ain't. Telling them the truth that is.
Again with the assumptions and insinuations. I already answered your questions. Now how about telling me about the book of Romans.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
That's a great place to dig in. What are the things that have taken place, what exists in the present, and what is to shortly come to pass?
That underlined part is the wrong question... it should be, "and what are the things that must come to pass in quickness [noun] after the things WHICH ARE [/exist in the present]?" That's different from the question you're conveying, which I believe misses the point.

Kroogz had it, where he explained:

You have "soon" or "near" in the Revelation as a "short rope." And take it as if all of it has to happen soon. Take place soon.

I'm saying, the world is walking a tight-rope, we don't know how long the tight rope is. John is describing the things that take place when the world falls off the tight-rope. Things in revelation take place SOON/quickly after the world falls off the tight rope.
I believe when one CONFLATES the "in quickness [noun]" of verse 1 with that of the "near/soon [adverb]" issue of the other verses containing this word, only then can one come to the [incorrect] conclusion that the "after these things" things, had to have happened in the first century (the events surrounding 70ad, i.e. "soon" or "imminently" from when written).

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
That's how "prophecies" work. No?

["Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy ..."]
Cameron thinks the book of Revelation was written in 60 A.D. or some other wild guess.
Aaaaand it was all wrapped up by 70 A.D.

Not much of an ultimate final prophecy and Gods fulfillment of all of His promises and not much of a termination point for the Holy Bible huh?

Low view of scripture? God defying blasphemous heresy?
The answer should be obvious to all.

What confuses me is why everyone is still playing pattycake and not calling it what it is.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Just a note: Kroogz had said (specifically) "the Gospels"
So the gospels weren't known until after the destruction of Israel. I wonder how the guys on the road to Emmaus knew what had happened. Oh yeah, they were there.
As far as the gospels go, there are a number of proposed dates. Many scholars believe them written before 70AD. And all the subject matter was dealing with things before 70AD. Even if they were written yesterday, they happened before the destruction of Jerusalem and were spoken to 1st century Jews. The audience would still be them.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
That underlined part is the wrong question... it should be, "and what are the things that must come to pass in quickness [noun] after the things WHICH ARE [/exist in the present]?" That's different from the question you're conveying, which I believe misses the point.

Kroogz had it, where he explained:

I believe when one CONFLATES the "in quickness [noun]" of verse 1 with that of the "near/soon [adverb]" issue of the other verses containing this word, only then can one come to the [incorrect] conclusion that the "after these things" things, had to have happened in the first century (the events surrounding 70ad, i.e. "soon" or "imminently" from when written).
Thanks again.

I need to inform the vast audience that @TheDivineWatermark has informed Cameron of this very thing dozens and dozens and dozens of times now. Among many many other truths that are beyond refutation.

And Cameron has ignored it all and denied it all dozens and dozens of times now.

So be not deceived......this is not some kind of objective debate on the truth of God's word.
It is something far more insidious and sinister.