that Great City Babylon

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
On second thought, I remembered this from the scriptures just now...

Daniel 2:35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

So based on that, I am pretty convinced that it is one and the same. Thoughts?

I honestly don't know much about the stone but it is a topic I am going to study. It would blow my mind if it can be traced back to Daniel. Even if it can't, the symbolism is amazing.

Keep in mind that MOUNTAIN is a spiritual term for NATION/KINGDOM. So, this "mountain" could be ISLAM which has become great and filled the whole earth.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
Apart from any videos Great Harlot is one of the churches (falled one) and the New Babylon is a capital of Greatest country where also resided the historical church.

You, protestants, do not know it (and argue over the matter) only because you not member of church and verbal tradition (the primer source of christian knowledge) is nothing to you.

Go ahead with new theories about that. But real christians now (and knew) since apostolic times.
Watch the video then comment please. The video proves what you wish not to believe.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
My understanding of the stone that smote the statue is God's Kingdom that fills the whole earth after the destruction of all the earthly kingdoms which were represented by the different metals.

Gold = Babylon
Silver = Medes & Persia
Bronze = Greece
Iron = Rome
Iron/Clay = 10 European countries

Stone destroys statue = Jesus Return and sets up His kingdom fills the whole world.
The 10 nations are NOT from Europe, they are northern Islamic nations. Many past teaching on this has been proven wrong.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
you know what iron & mirey clay reminds me of? Democracy.

it has strength mixed with weakness, and doesn't all adhere to itself.

and you know the driving principle of Democracy? "vox populi, vox dei" - the voice of the people is the voice of god. the false assertion that truth is a popularity contest, and majority human will = divine plan.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Keep in mind that MOUNTAIN is a spiritual term for NATION/KINGDOM. So, this "mountain" could be ISLAM which has become great and filled the whole earth.
And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that shall never be destroyed, nor shall the kingdom be left to another people. It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand forever
(Daniel 2:44)

does that sound more like Islam to you, or Christ?

P

Powemm

Christ is the one coming in the long run.. hmm the horse...the rider I saw coming in the vision.. the one coming in the long run... it is jesus... theres so much trying to cloud his view like this stuff.. we cant see him yet... another thing that came to mind was the great Harlot who sits on the beast... a picture played of the prostitute about to be stoned to death .. jesus appeared and made a statement.. you who are without sin cast the first "stone" ... the prostitute who sits on the beast is simply going to be on a grander scale of what already was... how are the elect going to be fooled? By the watch party itself.. the watch party is acting like a net to draw everyone in.. casting their eyes upon the woman.. what does scripture say about doing such.. the scale of activity increasing to draw attention away from God ... I can seethe scenario playing out... what is happening already around the world.. its in magazines.. on tv.. radio stations... the stage already set for the gathering.. and people are already seated before its time... what happened when the plagues came upon pharaoh? What were thenrighreous doing? Outside watching? Opening the door to look? No they were inside not watching and not looking.. but instead praying..

P

Powemm

Im not a scholar in scripture and would lose a battle in that game of wits.. but i do know one thing is for sure.. Gods eyes are roaming to and fro.. I cant help but wonder who's eyes are going to be locked solid on his when he passes by..who and what will he find our eyes cast upon

Dec 12, 2013
you know what iron & mirey clay reminds me of? Democracy.

it has strength mixed with weakness, and doesn't all adhere to itself.

and you know the driving principle of Democracy? "vox populi, vox dei" - the voice of the people is the voice of god. the false assertion that truth is a popularity contest, and majority human will = divine plan.

I have always thought this....the strength of Rome was the Republic aspect and when it switched to Democracy (rule of the people) it crumbled and fell....The same seems to be true of the U.S.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands.....We became the preeminent world power and came out of WW2 as the world super power (only one with nukes) and over the last 70 years have switched to rule of the people per se and now we are weakened, crumbling and about to fall..........!

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that shall never be destroyed, nor shall the kingdom be left to another people. It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand forever
(Daniel 2:44)

does that sound more like Islam to you, or Christ?
This certainly is the kingdom that Christ sets up at his return. What plainword is describing is the kingdom that is on the earth that Jesus conquers at his return. THAT kingdom fits the description of Islam.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
Apart from any videos Great Harlot is one of the churches (falled one) and the New Babylon is a capital of Greatest country where also resided the historical church.

You, protestants, do not know it (and argue over the matter) only because you not member of church and verbal tradition (the primer source of christian knowledge) is nothing to you.

Go ahead with new theories about that. But real christians now (and knew) since apostolic times.
What passage in the Bible tells you that the Great Harlot is one of the churches? Did you watch the video? If you watch the video there will be no doubt who the Harlot is. It is Mecca. You don't want to believe it. You want to hide your head in the sand. Open your eyes and the truth will set you free?

3 So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

What religious city is in the "wilderness" or desert? It isn't New York City and it isn't Rome. The only major religious city in the wilderness is Mecca. The Beast is Scarlet which matches the color of the flag of Turkey which is where the Man of Sin will come.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus.

What religion hates and kills Jews and Christians?

15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest , where the whore sitteth , are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

This fits Rome, NYC and Mecca. People from all over the world come to each.

17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought . And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

Rome is not visible from the sea. Mecca and NYC are. All three have extraordinary wealth.

18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Which religion rules over Kings? What countries have the most actual kings? The only kings in North and South America are from Belize, Bahamas and Jaimaca. Clearly, these countries are not important. There are a few kings and queens in Europe such as the UK, Belgium, Luxemburg, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Leichtenstein. But do these kings fit? How about this group? Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Oman, Malaysia, Thailand, and Morraco. Does Islam rule over these kings?

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried , weeping and wailing , saying , Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

What culture casts dust on their heads in sorrow? I've been to Rome and NYC many times and I've never seen anyone casting dust on their heads. This isn't a Christians/Catholic traditions. So who does this? Muslims do.

Now here is the clincher. The BEAST with the 7 Nations and 10 Leaders destroys the Harlot, BABYLON. It was foretold by Isaiah using the same language as John.

Isaiah 21 describes the destruction of Babylon and Saudi Arabia. NYC and Rome CANNOT be considered a desert by the Sea. But what about Mecca?

1 The burden of the desert of the sea. As whirlwinds in the south pass through; so it cometh from the desert, from a terrible land.

2 A grievous vision is declared unto me; the treacherous dealer dealeth treacherously , and the spoiler spoileth. Go up, O Elam: besiege, O Media; all the sighing thereof have I made to cease.

9 And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said , Babylon is fallen , is fallen ; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground.

11 The burden of Dumah. He calleth to me out of Seir, Watchman , what of the night? Watchman , what of the night?

12 The watchman said, The morning cometh, and also the night: if ye will enquire, enquire ye: return, come.

13 The burden upon Arabia. In the forest in Arabia shall ye lodge, O ye travelling companies of Dedanim.

14 The inhabitants of the land of Tema brought water to him that was thirsty, they prevented with their bread him that fled . 15 For they fled from the swords, from the drawn sword, and from the bent bow, and from the grievousness of war.

16 For thus hath the Lord said unto me, Within a year, according to the years of an hireling, and all the glory of Kedar shall fail:

17 And the residue of the number of archers, the mighty men of the children of Kedar, shall be diminished : for the LORD God of Israel hath spoken it.

Where are these places spoken of by Isaiah? Elam is the ancient name for Saudi Arabia. Mecca, not shown, is in the hills above the coast of the Red Sea, the same Red Sea where Moses led the Children of Israel out of Egypt.

Last edited: