The Age of the Gentiles is passing.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Tell me, Zone, was it God who reestablished Israel in 1948?
you mean the State that calls itself Israel?

of course:)

nothing happens that He doesn't ordain.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
If that wonderful mind of hers could be wiped clean
so i could join the apostasy?
nah...i'll pass.

and then she start absorbing only God's word or history of our world as God works in it
according to your anti-christian teachers who are undermining the gospel?
nope. no thx.

how come you hardly ever mention Jesus and the offense of the Cross?

what an asset she would be to the kingdom.
which kingdom?
the carnal one we see taking shape today?
by way of deception?
no thx.

Jewish Paganism!!!
can you imagine:confused:

what kind of skinhead would ever suggest such a thing.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
I don't read her because I read enough to decide she cannot be trusted to report only from God, and because she decided to send me to hell.
lol...what?
i don't have that power...but you do.

I am against basing knowledge of God on isms without going to His word.
non
sense:)
you got every kind of ism there is on the go...you just won't come out with them.
except Judaism..which you love.
and which is pagan.
and antichrist.

i don't know why you don't know that.
maybe you do.

did you ever get around to that list of rituals?

Never have I said I am against isms or study. I do look at isms but only in relation to scripture, and I keep my main study as purely from God as I can, including only what I think illustrates that. Being against basing all learning and belief on ism and Is not against ism. It is against basing God knowledge on that. You are saying I study with a "rabbi'. Now, what rabbi do I study with? I think you are trying to throw stones at me, so you are making up a target.
whoever the "man" is you are studying with; while remaining in the christian church you deplore (why i don't know), is certainly teaching you odd things.

I do not think that reading about jewish paganism will help my personal walk with my Lord. I read the news and am heartsick about the way the Jews have turned away from God, if that is what it is about. I don't have Jewish friends, but I have met some and heard what they think about God. I have studied the effects of their rituals on personal lives, and find that helpful to know and interesting. You advise me to read about their paganism, but I'll bet if I suggested a book I found interesting "Jews in the Middle Ages", you would say I should never learn about that, only delve into their paganism. Many Jews are now pagans, Jews affected the Middle Ages. Why is one learning more important than another? Both are facts.
no dear...the RELIGION of Judaism is pagan and idolatrous.
that's why Constantine destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD...or something.

WomanLovesTX

Jan 1, 2010
Red, not sure if this has anything to do with "the age of Gentiles is passing".

Romans 11:25
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until thefulness of the Gentiles be come in.

The scripture below speaks of the same thing as above.

Genesis 48:19And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.

Multitude in Strong's means FULNESS and Nations means goy, or Gentiles.

Ephraim was to become the fulness of Gentiles. All around the world is the gospel spread. Surely, the fulness of the Gentiles is coming to a close. Surely the blindness in part to Israel is changing and many are awakening to understanding the God of Israel and how His Son has made us a new covenant so we are reunited to our heavenly Father. Praise be to God and our saviour Yeshua.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Romans 11
Israel Is Not Cast Away

1I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.2God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel?3“Lord, THEY HAVE KILLED YOUR PROPHETS, THEY HAVE TORN DOWN YOUR ALTARS, AND I ALONE AM LEFT, AND THEY ARE SEEKING MY LIFE.”4But what is the divine response to him? “I HAVE KEPT for Myself SEVEN THOUSAND MEN WHO HAVE NOT BOWED THE KNEE TO BAAL.”5In the same way then, there has also come to be at the present time a remnant according to God’s gracious choice.6But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.

7What then? What Israel is seeking, it has not obtained, but those who were chosen obtained it, and the rest were hardened;

8just as it is written,
“GOD GAVE THEM A SPIRIT OF STUPOR,
EYES TO SEE NOT AND EARS TO HEAR NOT,
DOWN TO THIS VERY DAY.”

9And David says,
“LET THEIR TABLE BECOME A SNARE AND A TRAP,
AND A STUMBLING BLOCK AND A RETRIBUTION TO THEM.

10“LET THEIR EYES BE DARKENED TO SEE NOT,
AND BEND THEIR BACKS FOREVER.”

11I say then, they did not stumble so as to fall, did they? May it never be! But by their transgression salvation has come to the Gentiles, to make them jealous.12Now if their transgression is riches for the world and their failure is riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their fulfillment be!13But I am speaking to you who are Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle of Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,14if somehow I might move to jealousy my fellow countrymen and save some of them.15For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?16If the first piece of dough is holy, the lump is also; and if the root is holy, the branches are too.

what?

if somehow I might move to jealousy my fellow countrymen and save some of them.

Paul? Paul said that?

but didn't he just say they were blinded for 2000 years?
why would he try to undo their merciful blinding that was saving them?
and didn't he just say all israel would be saved?

this is a real tough one for some ppl.

oh look...here's the answer:

But what is the divine response to him? “I HAVE KEPT for Myself SEVEN THOUSAND MEN WHO HAVE NOT BOWED THE KNEE TO BAAL.”5In the same way then, there has also come to be at the present time a remnant according to God’s gracious choice.

P

psychomom

I don't read her because I read enough to decide she cannot be trusted to report only from God, and because she decided to send me to hell.

I am against basing knowledge of God on isms without going to His word. Never have I said I am against isms or study. I do look at isms but only in relation to scripture, and I keep my main study as purely from God as I can, including only what I think illustrates that. Being against basing all learning and belief on ism and Is not against ism. It is against basing God knowledge on that. You are saying I study with a "rabbi'. Now, what rabbi do I study with? I think you are trying to throw stones at me, so you are making up a target.

I do not think that reading about jewish paganism will help my personal walk with my Lord. I read the news and am heartsick about the way the Jews have turned away from God, if that is what it is about. I don't have Jewish friends, but I have met some and heard what they think about God. I have studied the effects of their rituals on personal lives, and find that helpful to know and interesting. You advise me to read about their paganism, but I'll bet if I suggested a book I found interesting "Jews in the Middle Ages", you would say I should never learn about that, only delve into their paganism. Many Jews are now pagans, Jews affected the Middle Ages. Why is one learning more important than another? Both are facts.
I placed the word rabbbi in quotes intentionally. Because I've seen you say we need a Hebrew from whom we may properly learn the Word of God, and I wasn't sure what you meant. I ought to have said Hebrew to avoid confusion, so my apologies.

May I ask how you define the word pagan?

Dec 21, 2012
Christ is the start of the last age, the age of the gentile. We are coming to the end of that age according to scripture. Our age has been very long, about 2,000 years, but according to scripture it is coming to an end. We are to know the end by watching for the Jews return to the Holy Land and the gospel being available to all.
Jews Stream Back to Germany – Forward.com

"...today, tens of thousands of Israelis, Jews from the former Soviet Union and even many American Jews are actively choosing German citizenship.
Sound unreal? It’s today’s reality."

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Jews Stream Back to Germany – Forward.com

"...today, tens of thousands of Israelis, Jews from the former Soviet Union and even many American Jews are actively choosing German citizenship.
Sound unreal? It’s today’s reality."

"According to Gablinger, there are German politicians who say negative things about Arabs and Turks, but never Jews. “There is no chance that a member of the Bundestag will say anything bad about Jews and keep his job.”

what...this isn't true everywhere?
and this is said with satisfaction?

criticism of Israeli policies is considered antisemitism.

if you don't grovel and apologize for saying something with the wrong tone or inflection, one can go before a tribunal.
and rot in prison. losing your job is the least of your worries.

i'm wondering out loud about this part too:

"For these mostly younger Jews, the experiences of their grandparents and great-grandparents seem a distant trauma".

cuz no one else suffered and died in, or as a result of WW2.
no one else's grandparents or great-grandparents endured trauma.
certainly no german citizens suffered and died or were burned alive when Dresden was firebombed in a holocaust.
and no japanese were burned alive either.
no Brits either. or French.

i'm wondering out loud about this part too:

"Noting that the history of the Holocaust is everywhere in Berlin, Gablinger said that present-day Germany is a very safe place for Jews".

the history of the Holocaust? really?
which history?
the real history - or the fabricated narratives that have been debunked by Jewish historians for years?

oh...see, there i go....setting myself up for a tribunal and prison.
just for bringing up the truth, because i'm not authorized to tell the truth.
it's ingenious, really.
it works like a dream.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

Oct 31, 2011
I placed the word rabbbi in quotes intentionally. Because I've seen you say we need a Hebrew from whom we may properly learn the Word of God, and I wasn't sure what you meant. I ought to have said Hebrew to avoid confusion, so my apologies.

May I ask how you define the word pagan?
You quote me as saying "we need a Hebrew to properly learn the Word of God." Doesn't make any kind of sense. Why would a Hebrew, or a German, or an American etc. be needed to learn the word of God. I think the word Hebrew sets up alarm bells in minds, I have used that word in the past.

Perhaps you are taking my thought that we need to know the OT as well as the new to better understand Christ, maybe your mind connects OT and Hebrew in a negative way?

How could I define the word paganism as meant in this book if I haven't read the book? I stay away from books that might be for exposing someone's negative characteristics. This paganism word doesn't sound uplifting to me, not going to take a chance on it. There is enough gossip in my ladies group at church, don't need a book gossiping.

P

psychomom

Many Jews are now pagans,
You quote me as saying "we need a Hebrew to properly learn the Word of God." Doesn't make any kind of sense. Why would a Hebrew, or a German, or an American etc. be needed to learn the word of God. I think the word Hebrew sets up alarm bells in minds, I have used that word in the past.

Perhaps you are taking my thought that we need to know the OT as well as the new to better understand Christ, maybe your mind connects OT and Hebrew in a negative way?

How could I define the word paganism as meant in this book if I haven't read the book? I stay away from books that might be for exposing someone's negative characteristics. This paganism word doesn't sound uplifting to me, not going to take a chance on it. There is enough gossip in my ladies group at church, don't need a book gossiping.
It was because of that first quote I asked for your definition of pagan, not because of the book.
You used the word, in your own words and ideas, and have done so often regarding the Christian church of today, so I ask again for you to define the word. Just so I have a clearer sense when I read what you write. :)

And if you like I will find the post where you declared we need to learn the OT from a Hebrew.
You have changed it to scholar, and since you are a frequent poster it may take me a while. :)

Is the scholar under whom you study perchance a "Hebrew"? A jew? A messianic jew?
Or a gentile who is part of the HR movement?
(I know no other way to say that, so please don't take exception to to the terminology.)

I don't associate either the Old Testament or the word Hebrew with any negative connotation.
Just for the record.

Oct 31, 2011
It was because of that first quote I asked for your definition of pagan, not because of the book.
You used the word, in your own words and ideas, and have done so often regarding the Christian church of today, so I ask again for you to define the word. Just so I have a clearer sense when I read what you write. :)

And if you like I will find the post where you declared we need to learn the OT from a Hebrew.
You have changed it to scholar, and since you are a frequent poster it may take me a while. :)

Is the scholar under whom you study perchance a "Hebrew"? A jew? A messianic jew?
Or a gentile who is part of the HR movement?
(I know no other way to say that, so please don't take exception to to the terminology.)

I don't associate either the Old Testament or the word Hebrew with any negative connotation.
Just for the record.
This post is as if you would like for us to communicate, not as someone to fight, but as Christians! It would be a wonderful thing. I felt you only wanted to hear from me to tear me apart! Here is the background for my studies, and why I use the word pagan.

I spent years thinking that even taking the time to know how God related to Jews was denying Christ, it was only giving ways to "work your way to heaven" as we say. Someone dared me to learn about God our Father as the OT presented him, so I searched for ways to learn. Belligerently. This God who asked Joshua to kill all the Amorites! no way. I couldn't understand God as God spoke in the OT, I would read and judge negatively. I found colleges who taught on the net for lots of money, I found Jews who spoke from their view point, and I found denominations who gave their viewpoint, it took a long time searching for just plain bible interpretation I could afford. I was told the OT was the roots of Christ, I was to learn the roots. I had no idea that word was taken up in our church as a bad word, meaning almost the same as atheism. I found a man who said that he would give the roots of our faith without it being from a denomination, just plain scripture except he had studied such as Ancient Hebrew we learned to read only in later years, and early culture. This man has studied such as the constitutions (they didn't call them that back then) of early nations not under God, for instance. I was delighted. He did just that. My church was not delighted. I was told to stop this study. I was allowed to read the OT, but not get to deeply into it. I was doing such as finding out what each sacrifice God ordered meant, why God gave the feasts.

So I went to the history of the development of our church to find out why my wonderful pastor with his doctorate would tell me not to study. I wondered when our church decided such things. I tried to dig through Justin, Tertullian, Origen. I read every letter Constantine ever wrote I could find copies of. I got out the Nicene Creed and read as much of it I could find. I dug into Acts with a fine tooth comb. Got book after book on the times Paul lived in, and the first years of Christianity. It took months. I found one theme that ran through it all, it was an expansion of what God told us about the Gospel. The gospel is not in the acts of diet and circumcision, God is from the spiritual. It was expounded on to mean the acts were wrong, yet I read of the acts in scripture. That sent me on another search. What happens to people who use these acts to live by. So I searched for an answer to that. I found that even in people who use only the acts as God worship without any realization of how Christ fulfilled, even the acts alone were good. The fact that Christ came, the spiritual is supreme, does not make the acts wrong, I found, that teaching doesn't equal truth. I found lots of scripture against the wrong use of acts of worship, I couldn't find scripture saying it was wrong. I found there is a possibility that when Paul said not to judge by these, he was speaking about people using diet in worship being judged.

This is the background of my use of the word pagan. I didn't finish college, I was mostly a housewife. So what word could express the thought of the people Paul went to with the gospel? We are descendants of those people. We think of ourselves as God's chosen, now that the Jews did not accept Christ as their Messiah, I would like us to remember we are the people Paul went to with the gospel. In a short post, I use the word pagan to express that. Probably inaccurately.

J

J-Kay

Red Tent ~ I admire your dedication and devotion
to God and His Holy Word. How many people would
go to the extreme you did, (for being just a housewife?)
to search from the very beginning. You are more than
a housewife. You are a brilliant woman and even if all
do not agree, the Lord surely must be pleased you were
tenacious in your search. We know the Lord says in the
Word.... "My people perish for the lack of knowledge "
and did not Paul say "study to show thyself approved"?
God bless you ~ Love in our Lord ~ J-Kay