The biblical order of men and women in the family

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
well there does not have to be a debate the only problem is people love to debate ): but love truth and to find truth is to find riches fare better than Gold or silver how ever I do fall into a debate sometimes and later regreat it
There is noting wrong with a spirited debate as that is one of the facets of CC. Hopefully, there will be no mud slinging but perhaps that is just wishful thinking. I admire you for taking a position of a matter that is of importance to you. I took a position also.

T

TheBlackDove

There is noting wrong with a spirited debate as that is one of the facets of CC. Hopefully, there will be no mud slinging but perhaps that is just wishful thinking. I admire you for taking a position of a matter that is of importance to you. I took a position also.
I understand that but can I you pm me why and with bible verses that support you? I would love to dicuse this ferther with you and maybe I could learn some more

T

TheBlackDove

and a spirited debate sounds wonderful but on CC that is a miricel if it happends like that

V

VioletReigns

why would it say women should learn in silent then ?:confused: I am a bit confuzzled
Here's a more befuddling question:

How come there are so many men preaching to women to "know your role" and not many threads preaching to men about them giving up their lives for their wives (as Christ did for the church) and not withholding affection from them?

role3.jpg

Disclaimer: This is not directed at any of you godly brothers on this site who are excellent in character toward us women and strong warriors protecting and watching over us ladies. \:D/ I praise God for you brothers who we women look up to with respect and love. (You all know who you are! :eek: )

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
as well woman was made for man as a helper
A word study on the Hebrew behind this "helper" concept is quite enlightening. Let me encourage you to do a little biblical research. :)

Blessings,
Dino

T

TheBlackDove

A word study on the Hebrew behind this "helper" concept is quite enlightening. Let me encourage you to do a little biblical research. :)

Blessings,
Dino
HAHAHAHA I did and now I am just more cunfuzzled plz help why does the bible call the woman weaker person but in Hebrew it says power and strength

and idk what you people think of me but I do not think of women like most how I treat my gf proves that if this is what most people think of women what this thing I read I mean than wow they need to do some bible studing

A

atwhatcost

We find in the Bible a lot of references regarding the role of men and woman in the family.

"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the savior of the body
."Ephesians 5:22-23
"Let the woman learn in silence, with all subjection. But I do not allow a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, was in the transgression" 1 Tim. 2:11-14
What path
should follow today christians taking into account the radical changes in society pushed by liberal groups, like feminists, using schools, media and political lobbying.
You're a guy. Why worry what women are supposed to do? How about figuring out what children are supposed to do, and then men? The bible even distinguishes between young men and old men, but you're busy studying women? Why? You don't have to do that part.

V

VioletReigns

the problem people only want to debate and some people think one way others another most of the time it seems like the bible is not even close to there posts on subjects like this.

to be honest women and men are both people they should be treated as such.

at the same time the bible says the woman is the weaker one *the bible *

and the bible says do not be harsh with your wife *bible*

and wife to submit to your husband well as long as it is biblical what he is asking you to submit to *bible*

as well woman was made for man as a helper *bible*

you see women and men are both the same under Gods eyes but we have roles and we have commands women have there commands and so do men.

the man is the head of his house *bible*

as well he is to treat his wife (Just) like Christ treated his church aka his bride *bible*

he did love his church and take care of her and give his life for her as husbands are too but just becase he served his bride does not mean he is any lower than he was men are to serve there wife just as Christ did but he still has athoraty over his wife so long as he is a biblical husband so he is to act like this just as Jesus does to his church.

this is how I see it I find this to be a balance you can't be a adolf hittler over your wife but you can't be the couch potato ether you have a rule as a husband to disciple your wife and love her just like Jesus Christ our lord and saver.

:) I hope this advise helps

I did not read through this previously. Very wise response, young man! :)

A

atwhatcost

why would it say women should learn in silent then ?:confused: I am a bit confuzzled
Hang out at the women's table at lunch time. That's why. We talk -- volumes and volumes of talk. Church isn't a od palce to talk in volumes. lol