The 'ELECT' vs 'Free-Choice'

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Pure Garbage.

Salvation is BY FAITH, and being drawn by God to Jesus is the source of FAITH in those who are to be Born Again. ROmans 9 goes into great detail about God's process, and his selective mercy concerning humans. There's only ONE "CLASS" of CHristian - they're ALL Saved by FAITH in the SIN OFFERING of Jesus on the cross which cleanses them from all Sin and unrighteousness. anything else is pure religious GARBAGE.

If we do not consider harmonizing the scriptures, we will not be able to interpret them, by rightly dividing the word of God.

The natural man, according to 1 Cor 2:14, will not, and indeed, can not, have faith in the things of the Spirit. Only those that have been born again spiritually, with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit can have faith in spiritual things. Faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit (Gal 5:22)

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
But we agree, there is a cause.

I am leading a discussion on John 10 tonight after finishing up John 9 last week. And all through John we see the cause and Jesus pleading for people to see.

In chapter 9 we see how God drew a man to himself. And the man slowly repented by taking what he saw and using that to change what he thought of Jesus (first a prophet, then He defended Christ and said he had to be from God. then he confessed Jesus as lord.

Many believed by what they witnessed and many did not

Again in chapter 10. Jesus told them to look with their eyes if they did not believe with their ears. and if they would see the works, they would believe. Many did, but again others did not.

the difference that separated them was whether they believed or not.

Those who saw the truth and continued to reject the truth, as Jesus said, they became more blind.. Those who saw the truth, and was drawn to the truth, through believing had their eyes opened.

This is not a regeneration issue. Everyone in John chapter 9 and ten had a choice. to look and see what Jesus did (the signs) and chose to believe and have their eyes opened, or continue to deny what they saw, and get even more blind.

But the choice was theirs

Sense you lead discussion, and are discussing John chapter 10, How do you interpret verses 26-29?

Dec 18, 2023
If we do not consider harmonizing the scriptures, we will not be able to interpret them, by rightly dividing the word of God.

The natural man, according to 1 Cor 2:14, will not, and indeed, can not, have faith in the things of the Spirit. Only those that have been born again spiritually, with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit can have faith in spiritual things. Faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit (Gal 5:22)
The spiritual man can also have faith in his flesh why should you consign your meaning to just the none spiritual.

I take it you know what I mean by a spiritual man can have faith in his flesh.

Maybe you do,

I will see.

For I can not make one hair black or white, can you.

Elohim😊

Burn1986

Mar 4, 2024

Everyone has faith bro.

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
That’s the point. Why pray and fast for someone’s salvation if God has already elected to save them before the foundation of the world? Why pray at all? For a Calvinist, prayer cannot change anything for all things have been ordained by God.

Why pray and fast for that sort of thing anyway? One way or the other? It should make no difference.

For if God can't stop someone from not believing?
How is praying and fasting going to make a difference in controlling another one's volition no matter what side you are on?

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness.
Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish,
but everyone to come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:9

Dec 18, 2023
Keep playing that game....

You are not going to get me banned.

God will deal with you. I will just watch.

:) here! :coffee:
I have a good new username for you after some realises you are The watchers 👍

Spoilt brat 😂

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
The spiritual man can also have faith in his flesh why should you consign your meaning to just the none spiritual.

I take it you know what I mean by a spiritual man can have faith in his flesh.
You screw up the meaning of words. Then say things that are contrary to Scripture, but not according to how you feel.

Romans 8:5-7

Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires;
but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit
desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is
life and peace. The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to
God’s law, nor can it do so.

We have faith held by our souls while controlled by the Spirit which is against the flesh.
The flesh is not where you can have faith. But... your soul is in your body that is dying and will die.
Faith will always be with your soul long after your flesh is back in the soil.

Who knows?

Maybe, your flesh will someday be back in the soil and become a part of a TULIP.

Dec 18, 2023
You screw up the meaning of words. Then say things that are contrary to Scripture, but not according to how you feel.

I'll take what you say here to the lord 😂

Then when I have another gift to give you I'll let you know

But my question was not for you.

But notice this question to you

can you make one hair black or white
Second question

How can you make a seed grow without touching it.

Dec 18, 2023

Who knows?

Maybe, your flesh will someday be back in the soil and become a part of a TULIP.

maybe, maybe not

Here is your Gift from the lord as in thee lord 😂

Show scripture where men has faith in the old testament

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
I have a good new username for you after some realises you are The watchers 👍

Spoilt brat 😂
I am not a Watcher.

What I am is called a wait watcher.
I wait upon the Lord, and watch for Him.

:unsure: Here is today's 'wait watcher's' health tip...

Walking in one's flesh is bad for the spiritual life...
For, its your spiritual life now that will determine what blessed abilities God will grant to your resurrection body forever.
Some are stupid about it and sell it for a mess of pottage.

God wants us to celebrate life as we mature in Christ in better understanding His Word.
God also wants us to wash after using the bathroom. (1 John 1:9)
But, not to celebrate having just used the bathroom before a room full of people.

Some can not make the distinction... Some simply refuse.
They are disrespectful.

Do nothing out of rivalry or conceit, but in humility
consider others as more important than yourselves.

Philippians 2:3​

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Cmon man, seriously? That’s just a lame excuse to never pray or fast. Where is Calvin mentioned in the Bible. Are you a follower of Calvin or a follower of Jesus?
Brother, read my post again more carefully. I am not a Calvinist. I was responding to the post on why Calvinists think the way they do.🤦‍♂️

Dec 18, 2023
I am not a Watcher.

What I am is called a wait watcher.
I wait upon the Lord, and watch for Him.

:unsure: Here is today's 'wait watcher's' health tip...

Walking in one's flesh is bad for the spiritual life...
For, its your spiritual life now that will determine what blessed abilities God will grant to your resurrection body forever.
Some are stupid about it and sell it for a mess of pottage.

God wants us to celebrate life as we mature in Christ in better understanding His Word.
God also wants us to wash after using the bathroom. (1 John 1:9)
But, not to celebrate having just used the bathroom before a room full of people.

Some can not make the distinction... Some simply refuse.
They are disrespectful.

Do nothing out of rivalry or conceit, but in humility
consider others as more important than yourselves.
Philippians 2:3​

hmm seems like somebody forgot they said I'll be watching you 😂

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Why pray and fast for that sort of thing anyway? One way or the other? It should make no difference.

For if God can't stop someone from not believing?
How is praying and fasting going to make a difference in controlling another one's volition no matter what side you are on?

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness.
Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish,
but everyone to come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:9

Prayer matters. Prayer can cause things to happen that maybe would not have happened unless someone prayed. God responds to our prayers, yes?

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
Its no maybe. You screw up words all the time.

With everyday discourse that can be fine.
But, when you screw up the Word of God?

Do not treat what is sacred as common.

That is what false prophets did....
Stop acting like one.

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
hmm seems like somebody forgot they said I'll be watching you 😂
The boy cried "Wolf! again....

And... after seeing him laughing at them, the people walked back to their homes.

Dec 18, 2023
?hmmm, God Says, In Scripture:

"And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked​
men: for all men have not faith." (2 Thessalonians 3:2 AV)​
Amen.
Can you show scripture where men of the old testament had faith

Dec 18, 2023
Its no maybe. You screw up words all the time.

With everyday discourse that can be fine.
But, when you screw up the Word of God?

Do not treat what is sacred as common.

That is what false prophets did....
Stop acting like one.

Can you show scripture where men of the old testament had faith