The EU will shrink to 10 nations!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Timeline

Mar 20, 2014
Is the Beast from the Sea and the Little Horn the same !
I suppose that this question was for me?

Daniel 7:1-8
In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel saw a dream and visions in his mind as he lay on his bed; then he wrote the dream down and related the following summary of it. [SUP]2 [/SUP]Daniel said, “I was looking in my vision by night, and behold, the four winds of heaven were stirring up the great sea. [SUP]3 [/SUP]And four great beasts were coming up from the sea, different from one another.

[SUP]4 [/SUP]The first was like a lion and had the wings of an eagle.
I kept looking until its wings were plucked, and it was lifted up from the ground and made to stand on two feet like a man; a human mind also was given to it.

[SUP]5 [/SUP]And behold, another beast, a second one, resembling a bear.
And it was raised up on one side, and three ribs were in its mouth between its teeth; and thus they said to it, ‘Arise, devour much meat!’

[SUP]6 [/SUP]After this I kept looking, and behold, another one, like a leopard,
which had on its back four wings of a bird; the beast also had four heads, and dominion was given to it.

[SUP]7 [/SUP]After this I kept looking in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrifying and extremely strong; and it had large iron teeth. It devoured and crushed and trampled down the remainder with its feet; and it was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns.

If we "combine" these "beasts" then we have 7 heads, ten horns, lion, bear, leopard, beast, four wings + 2 -2 = still four

[SUP]8 [/SUP]While I was contemplating the horns, behold, another horn, a little one, came up among them, and three of the first horns were pulled out by the roots before it; and behold, this horn possessed eyes like the eyes of a man and a mouth uttering great boasts.

In verse 8 we see that one horn comes up (equaling eleven) and pulls up three (eight horns)

Revelation 13:1-2;11-12
And the dragon stood on the sand of the seashore.Then I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns and seven heads, and on his horns were ten diadems, and on his heads were blasphemous names.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]And the beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like those of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion.

Here we see, if this is the same beast, that the combination has happened, but the one horn has not "came up".

[SUP]11 [/SUP]Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb and he spoke as a dragon.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And he makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed.

I don't really have a point here, except to point out that we should consider the difference between "coming up out of the sea" and "coming up out of the earth".

Revelation 17:8-13
Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and spoke with me, saying, “Come here, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, [SUP]2 [/SUP]with whom the kings of the earth committed acts of immorality, and those who dwell on the earth were made drunk with the wine of her immorality.” [SUP]3 [/SUP]And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of blasphemous names, having seven heads and ten horns. [SUP]4 [/SUP]The woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a gold cup full of abominations and of the unclean things of her immorality, [SUP]5 [/SUP]and on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, “BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” [SUP]6 [/SUP]And I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus. When I saw her, I wondered greatly. [SUP]7 [/SUP]And the angel said to me, “Why do you wonder? I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the beast that carries her, which has the seven heads and the ten horns.[SUP]8 [/SUP]“The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and go to destruction. And those who dwell on the earth, whose name has not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, will wonder when they see the beast, that he was and is not and will come. [SUP]9 [/SUP]Here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits, [SUP]10 [/SUP]and they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while. [SUP]11 [/SUP]The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction. [SUP]12 [/SUP]The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they receive authority as kings with the beast for one hour. [SUP]13 [/SUP]These have one purpose, and they give their power and authority to the beast.

Revelation 17:15-18
[SUP]15 [/SUP]And he *said to me, “The waters which you saw where the harlot sits, are peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues.[SUP]16 [/SUP]And the ten horns which you saw, and the beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her desolate and naked, and will eat her flesh and will burn her up with fire. [SUP]17 [/SUP]For God has put it in their hearts to execute His purpose by having a common purpose, and by giving their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God will be fulfilled.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.”

Timeline

Mar 20, 2014
I don't really see how anyone can read this and think that the "great city" is any other than Jerusalem. Throughout the OT we see that any time Israel went into captivity in a foreign country that one of them was placed in a high position: Abraham, Joseph, Moses/Joshua, Mordecai, and I am sure that I missing someone. David and Solomon were held in high regard/or fear in all the surrounding areas. Jerusalem had become "the city" of Israel and even the world. (Ezra 4:11-16 - [SUP]11 [/SUP]this is the copy of the letter which they sent to him: “To King Artaxerxes: Your servants, the men in the region beyond the River, and now[SUP]12 [/SUP]let it be known to the king that the Jews who came up from you have come to us at Jerusalem; they are rebuilding the rebellious and evil city and are finishing the walls and repairing the foundations.[SUP]13 [/SUP]Now let it be known to the king, that if that city is rebuilt and the walls are finished, they will not pay tribute, custom or toll, and it will damage the revenue of the kings.[SUP]14 [/SUP]Now because we are in the service of the palace, and it is not fitting for us to see the king’s dishonor, therefore we have sent and informed the king,[SUP]15 [/SUP]so that a search may be made in the record books of your fathers. And you will discover in the record books and learn that that city is a rebellious city and damaging to kings and provinces, and that they have incited revolt within it in past days; therefore that city was laid waste.[SUP]16 [/SUP]We inform the king that if that city is rebuilt and the walls finished, as a result you will have no possession in the province beyond the River) And as we read further, we see that there is a New Jerusalem. Why?

1 Kings 8:16-17
[SUP]16 [/SUP]‘Since the day that I brought My people Israel from Egypt, I did not choose a city out of all the tribes of Israel in which to build a house that My name might be there, but I chose David to be over My people Israel.’ [SUP]17 [/SUP]Now it was in the heart of my father David to build a house for the name of the Lord, the God of Israel.

Where was the city that God choose for his Temple? The very city that killed Jesus and the prophets!

Leviticus 27:28 ‘Nevertheless, anything which a man sets apart to the Lord out of all that he has, of man or animal or of the fields of his own property, shall not be sold or redeemed. Anything devoted to destruction is most holy to the Lord.

I thought I would point this verse out. Maybe it helps in understanding Revelation. Maybe not, but there it is anyway.

1 Samuel 6:6
Why then do you harden your hearts as the Egyptians and Pharaoh hardened their hearts? When He had severely dealt with them, did they not allow the people to go, and they departed?

1 Samuel 8:8
Like all the deeds which they have done since the day that I brought them up from Egypt even to this day—in that they have forsaken Me and served other gods—so they are doing to you also.

Jeremiah 46:11
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Go up to Gilead and obtain balm,
O virgin daughter of Egypt!
In vain have you multiplied remedies;
There is no healing for you.

It is my opinion that God compares Israel to Egypt because they were acting like Egyptians. Just as He does in Revelation 17 when He calls Jerusalem, "BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."

Last edited:

Timeline

Mar 20, 2014
Matthew 23: 29-33
[SUP]29 [/SUP]Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, [SUP]30 [/SUP]and say, ‘If we had been living in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partners with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ [SUP]31 [/SUP]So you testify against yourselves, that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. [SUP]32 [/SUP]Fill up, then, the measure of the guilt of your fathers. [SUP]33 [/SUP]You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell? [SUP]34 [/SUP]“Therefore, behold, I am sending you prophets and wise men and scribes; some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city, [SUP]35 [/SUP]so that upon you may fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. [SUP]36 [/SUP]Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.
[SUP]37 [/SUP]“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling. [SUP]38 [/SUP]Behold, your house is being left to you desolate! [SUP]39 [/SUP]For I say to you, from now on you will not see Me until you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’”

Sorry about the length of this post, but I don't believe that anyone can show their beliefs regarding prophecy with just a few verses. And as it is, I do realize that there is not even enough here to show you how some of us come to the conclusions that we have (not to take away from the Holy Spirit who gives understanding).

Timeline

Mar 20, 2014
I don't really see how anyone can read this and think that the "great city" is any other than Jerusalem. Throughout the OT we see that any time Israel went into captivity in a foreign country that one of them was placed in a high position: Abraham, Joseph, Moses/Joshua, Mordecai, and I am sure that I missing someone. David and Solomon were held in high regard/or fear in all the surrounding areas. Jerusalem had become "the city" of Israel and even the world. (Ezra 4:11-16 - [SUP]11 [/SUP]this is the copy of the letter which they sent to him: “To King Artaxerxes: Your servants, the men in the region beyond the River, and now[SUP]12 [/SUP]let it be known to the king that the Jews who came up from you have come to us at Jerusalem; they are rebuilding the rebellious and evil city and are finishing the walls and repairing the foundations.[SUP]13 [/SUP]Now let it be known to the king, that if that city is rebuilt and the walls are finished, they will not pay tribute, custom or toll, and it will damage the revenue of the kings.[SUP]14 [/SUP]Now because we are in the service of the palace, and it is not fitting for us to see the king’s dishonor, therefore we have sent and informed the king,[SUP]15 [/SUP]so that a search may be made in the record books of your fathers. And you will discover in the record books and learn that that city is a rebellious city and damaging to kings and provinces, and that they have incited revolt within it in past days; therefore that city was laid waste.[SUP]16 [/SUP]We inform the king that if that city is rebuilt and the walls finished, as a result you will have no possession in the province beyond the River) And as we read further, we see that there is a New Jerusalem. Why?

1 Kings 8:16-17
[SUP]16 [/SUP]‘Since the day that I brought My people Israel from Egypt, I did not choose a city out of all the tribes of Israel in which to build a house that My name might be there, but I chose David to be over My people Israel.’ [SUP]17 [/SUP]Now it was in the heart of my father David to build a house for the name of the Lord, the God of Israel.

Where was the city that God choose for his Temple? The very city that killed Jesus and the prophets!

Leviticus 27:28 ‘Nevertheless, anything which a man sets apart to the Lord out of all that he has, of man or animal or of the fields of his own property, shall not be sold or redeemed. Anything devoted to destruction is most holy to the Lord.

I thought I would point this verse out. Maybe it helps in understanding Revelation. Maybe not, but there it is anyway.

1 Samuel 6:6
Why then do you harden your hearts as the Egyptians and Pharaoh hardened their hearts? When He had severely dealt with them, did they not allow the people to go, and they departed?

1 Samuel 8:8
Like all the deeds which they have done since the day that I brought them up from Egypt even to this day—in that they have forsaken Me and served other gods—so they are doing to you also.

Jeremiah 46:11
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Go up to Gilead and obtain balm,
O virgin daughter of Egypt!
In vain have you multiplied remedies;
There is no healing for you.

It is my opinion that God compares Israel to Egypt because they were acting like Egyptians. Just as He does in Revelation 17 when He calls Jerusalem, "BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."

I do realize that the argument could be made that Jer. 46:11 is not talking about Israel, as at the beginning of chapter 46 it addresses Egypt.

Apr 26, 2014
History of Rome Augustus

i found this, from the time of Jesus. but i didnt find anything in the Bible about EU or European Union or anything like that.
wouldnt the 10 regions have to be the same regions from the time of Jesus. and just out of curiosity, why will Germany be the big player.

Timeline

Mar 20, 2014
Deuteronomy 4:24 For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.

Deuteronomy 5:22-27
[SUP]22 [/SUP]“These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly at the mountain from the midst of the fire, of the cloud and of the thick gloom, with a great voice, and He added no more. He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me. [SUP]23 [/SUP]And when you heard the voice from the midst of the darkness, while the mountain was burning with fire, you came near to me, all the heads of your tribes and your elders. [SUP]24 [/SUP]You said, ‘Behold, the Lord our God has shown us His glory and His greatness, and we have heard His voice from the midst of the fire; we have seen today that God speaks with man, yet he lives. [SUP]25 [/SUP]Now then why should we die? For this great fire will consume us; if we hear the voice of the Lord our God any longer, then we will die. [SUP]26 [/SUP]For who is there of all flesh who has heard the voice of the living God speaking from the midst of the fire, as we have, and lived? [SUP]27 [/SUP]Go near and hear all that the Lord our God says; then speak to us all that the Lord our God speaks to you, and we will hear and do it.’

Leviticus 26:9-13
[SUP]9 [/SUP]So I will turn toward you and make you fruitful and multiply you, and I will confirm My covenant with you. [SUP]10 [/SUP]You will eat the old supply and clear out the old because of the new. [SUP]11 [/SUP]Moreover, I will make My dwelling among you, and My soul will not reject you. [SUP]12 [/SUP]I will also walk among you and be your God, and you shall be My people. [SUP]13 [/SUP]I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt so that you would not be their slaves, and I broke the bars of your yoke and made you walk erect.

Jeremiah 21:13-14
[SUP]13 [/SUP]“Behold, I am against you, O valley dweller,
O rocky plain,” declares the Lord,
“You men who say, ‘Who will come down against us?
Or who will enter into our habitations?’
[SUP]14 [/SUP]“But I will punish you according to the results of your deeds,” declares the Lord,
And I will kindle a fire in its forestThat it may devour all its environs.”’”

Luke 12:49 “I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled!

Acts 2:1-4
When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. [SUP]2 [/SUP]And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. [SUP]3 [/SUP]And there appeared to them tongues as of fire distributing themselves, and they rested on each one of them. [SUP]4 [/SUP]And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance.

Fire gives heats, helps maintain life, prepares food, provides light; but it also destroys. In the bible we see fire representing the Holy Spirit, but also Hell. Just like when we read about death. Death does not always mean physical death and it does not always mean spiritual death. The bible also compare Jesus, as well as Satan, to a Lion.

DavidLOVESsnow

Mar 4, 2014
Everyone come on now. It's obvious it's just a troll / prankster getting laughs out of mocking Christians. It happens quite often.

May 28, 2014
10 EU nations agree to tax financial transactions from 2016 onward, Britain remains opposed very very intro why not 11, 12, 13, why not 27! But 10- coincidence I think not.Enjoy

May 28, 2014
seek and you will find bible prophecy happening! And they say God is Dead"YA!

May 28, 2014
Put that in your athiest pipe and smoke it.Enjoy

May 28, 2014
I just luv the scoffers- but if you watch and read the bible , prophecy is moving 100% Enjoy

May 28, 2014
I see no takers or some what understanding?> very intro