the Gentiles

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
I do through his power, for it is God that does this in me and through me
I am crucified never the less I live, not by self but by the power of God who gave himself for me.
I am rested from my works and now have recieved God's works by Faith asw Abraham, Noah, Paul, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, James, and many other Saints in Christ did

Hebrews 4

Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. 5And in this placeagain, If they shall enter into my rest. 6Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:7Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need
What you may claim is "self effort" is actually servants that obey their Master.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Galatians 3

26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise
Let us all be one and contend for the Truth.

Jude 1

Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ,
and called: 2Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort
you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. 4For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Peace and Blessings to you all.

Oct 31, 2011
I do through his power, for it is God that does this in me and through me
I am crucified never the less I live, not by self but by the power of God who gave himself for me.
I am rested from my works and now have recieved God's works by Faith asw Abraham, Noah, Paul, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, James, and many other Saints in Christ did
This is absolutely true, but it isn't a matter of saying that we don't need to study God's word, now, we live through Christ. Or our minds do not have to be involved, or what we decide to do every day. The day that God's power entered us, we were like bablies. Babies have to be taught, nurtured, and even disiplined. Children can grow into disrespectful rebels. The Holy Spirit is our parent, the word is our guide. We can follow or not.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Let us talk common sense with a few interrogatives.

Is it going "back" to the law to honor our parents?

Is it going back to the law not to steal?

Is it going back to the law not to kill?

And continue with all the commandments..

It is not simply honoring God to obey His guidelines for decent behavior, it really is our nature to do his commandments and not just read them chisled into stone.

His laws have been taken from cold, consciousless stone and written on the tables of our hearts.

I do not believe you dishonor anyone you love, and it should not be taught to do so.

Our nature has been converted to do by it what is good, however the intent of the law, other than punishment and death, are still quite lively.

Anyone teaching against them is sorely in error.

Yahweh, God bless you now and forever in His light, in Yeshua, amen.
For it is the Law that leads one to the need for Christ and then one sees
[h=3]Romans 10:4[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]4 [/SUP]For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
We are forgiven and cleansed through Faith in the Messiah Yahshua.

We become servants of God, which means we have work to do, and our Work is found in the Testimony of Yahshua the Messiah.

We hear and do what our Master commands of us for He leads us on the path of Righteousness.
and I agree by Faith in Yeshua's finished work at te cross one recieves new life in the Spirit of God and does as God leads

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Hebrews 4

What you may claim is "self effort" is actually servants that obey their Master.
I do not know of anyone else whether they serve out of self or out of God's finished work at the cross only each person does, I just know where I have been and delivered out of, and had decieved myself, so as long as one is sure in themselves cool I am not the Judge. I just remember to study to know who God is and what God has done for us all. Thank you for all your admonishments

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Galatians 3

Let us all be one and contend for the Truth.

Jude 1

Peace and Blessings to you all.
agreed 100% and try to understand what the other is saying without any condemnation(s), Thanks
[h=3]Romans 8[/h]King James Version (KJV)

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

May 3, 2013
This saturday I went to a synagogue... They pray in "hebrew". Those prayers are addressed pointing out to geografic Israel (not directly to God). Apparently and according to what I HEARD, circunsion has a price, since the ruler spoke about a child whose dad paid 2.000Bs to get rid of that piece of flesh. That process of transculturization is quite interesting, and I´m sure it is GOD´s CHOICE to take those HE WANTS where he wants.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
This is absolutely true, but it isn't a matter of saying that we don't need to study God's word, now, we live through Christ. Or our minds do not have to be involved, or what we decide to do every day. The day that God's power entered us, we were like bablies. Babies have to be taught, nurtured, and even disiplined. Children can grow into disrespectful rebels. The Holy Spirit is our parent, the word is our guide. We can follow or not.
Well put so we study ourselves to be approved and what about that we are once we belived we are already what? Yes
Ephesians 1:6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
Ephesians 1:7In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Colossians 1:14In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

a done deal by God so we can rejoice and not be worried, stressed out, all well with our Souls, But the flesh just keeps butting back in like a billy goat to thwart us off of the joy, righteousness, and peace found in the Holy Ghost

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
This saturday I went to a synagogue... They pray in "hebrew". Those prayers are addressed pointing out to geografic Israel (not directly to God). Apparently and according to what I HEARD, circunsion has a price, since the ruler spoke about a child whose dad paid 2.000Bs to get rid of that piece of flesh. That process of transculturization is quite interesting, and I´m sure it is GOD´s CHOICE to take those HE WANTS where he wants.
Goid from the begining gave us free Choice and God will not go back on God's word. All is vanity our choice to do what we are to do.

E

eternally-gratefull

Would you explain what you mean by not "go back to law?" Do you mean that obedience means not accepting grace and forgiveness? Does this include ignoring scripture that talks of law? I have always been bewildered by this phrase when people repeat it. From a scripture standpoint I understand it to mean that law points to sin that means death, but we have forgiveness and grace through Christ, but it has nothing to do with our need to be guided by law.
It means what it says, If our obedience is required to be made right with God. we are putting ourselves under law.

Salvation by faith is a trust that Christ paid the price. Those who have truly repented and come to Christ, will be obedient, not perfect. there salvation is not based on obedience, that would be law. Their obedience is based on their repentance.

E

eternally-gratefull

The Messiah Yahshua teaches us much and those forgiven and cleansed with His Blood will adhere to His Words for they give life.

Hebrews 9

Romans 6

Being made free to become servants of God.

I assure you the Messiah Yahshua did not come for "naught" .

Those that Keep the Commandments of God and have the Testimony of the Messiah are called saints.

If one is forgiven and cleansed they do not go back to that which made them guilty and dirty.
I never said they did. But every time you sayy we must be obedient to be saved, you are preaching law.

As you just said, those saved WILL be obedient, They are not saved because they were obedient, The only way we can be saved by being obedient is to be perfect from birth with no sin, we already fell short of that standard.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Our nature has been changed by the laws being removed from cold dead stone and engraved on the fleshy tablets of our hearts. We are freed from the curse of the law, its consequences, death. Our new nature is to fully desire to please our Father, honor our Father.

This is not to sound hard, but when you question someone saying we must be obedient, the only alternative would be to be disobedient, and the Father says disobedience is idolatry.

It is certain you do not mean that we should teach to disobey, but that is the alternative to what you have questioned. God bless you, and remember, there is never any harm in doing the same things our Lord, Jesus, Yeshua, did. He is the Only True Example.

I never said they did. But every time you sayy we must be obedient to be saved, you are preaching law.

As you just said, those saved WILL be obedient, They are not saved because they were obedient, The only way we can be saved by being obedient is to be perfect from birth with no sin, we already fell short of that standard.

E

eternally-gratefull

This is not to sound hard, but when you question someone saying we must be obedient, the only alternative would be to be disobedient, and the Father says disobedience is idolatry.
When you add the words "to be saved" to the phrase "must be obedient" you are adding law to grace.

I am not saying we should not be obedient, We should, we would be fools not to. God does not give us commands because he wants to master over us, although he has every right, but because he wants what is good for us.

The issue is. How is one saved. NOT how one who is already saved and been given eternal life should act.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I do see the distinction. You are talking about that "Grace Clause" written in the Blood of the Lamb of Yahweh, Praise God, amen. Then you do not teach against the law, and that will make you great in the Kingdom, that is according to our Lord's words. I did not dream that up..
When you add the words "to be saved" to the phrase "must be obedient" you are adding law to grace.

I am not saying we should not be obedient, We should, we would be fools not to. God does not give us commands because he wants to master over us, although he has every right, but because he wants what is good for us.

The issue is. How is one saved. NOT how one who is already saved and been given eternal life should act.