The image of Jesus Christ is a pagan image!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 25, 2013
The bible does not mention Jesus' physical appearance. Ever wonder why that was omitted?

If we did have an idea of what he looked like, people might be worshipping his image instead of him.

The bible don't say what He looked like because the bible ins't complete, it's missing quite abit of info. Maybe the scriptures we have are correct but the church decided what scriptures go into the bible book and which ones don't.

May 11, 2013
The bible don't say what He looked like because the bible ins't complete, it's missing quite abit of info. Maybe the scriptures we have are correct but the church decided what scriptures go into the bible book and which ones don't.
People worship image, but a false image of him. look at the Catholic church and all the Christian churches. And if christ walked the earth and he came out of a nation of people doesn't that tell you he had a color and looked a certain way.

1 John 4:2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world

R

RachelBibleStudent

The pictures in churches today depicting Christ is actually Cesar borgais. He's the second son of the 6the pope of Rome.let's just put it in a nutshell and says he was a very bad person. Go to YouTube and check out ( popes praying to a black Jesus) they know the truth and hide it from the masses.

According to Daniel 14 And revelation 1, Christ would be a dark skinned brotha, not olive or a middle easern , but he would be a so called negro according to scripture.
oh great...another 'black israel' cultist...

everyone get ready for more false doctrine...

P

prodigal

hi bro, must admit the jury is still out with me, lol, i have turned it into a study for myself, as far as i can tell the star of david wasn't used until much later, even a thousand years later. also the item may date to early christian but it doesn't mean the engravings do. but i wonder if it will endup a matter of opinion as there's not much evidence to say it isn't fake, but of course that doesn't mean its fake. i'll keep studying and will let you know if i encounter any evidence either way. blessings..

May 15, 2013
So you're actually saying that the little Christian fish stickers on the back of people's cars has something to do with the Piscean age? Surely not!
Here's someone else understanding about the Fish. But I believe that it stand for the Age of Pisces and which it is a Greek's sign and the Greeks were into Astrology like the wisemen that came to visit Jesus.

Matthew 16:3and in the morning, ‘Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times.

The Bible relates a number of accounts where fish were a significant aspect of Jesus' ministry. On one occasion (Matthew 14:19), Jesus served several thousand families with a meal of bread and fish. On another occasion (Matthew 4:19), Jesus called Peter and Andrew, saying, "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men." Many early Christians were persecuted and forced to worship secretly. The fish symbol served as a secret form of communication. Often the persecuted Christians would scratch this symbol on the ground to identify themselves to fellow believers. Soon, Christians began to attach meaning to the word "fish" itself. The Greek letters for ichthus (meaning "fish", pronounced "ICK-THOOS") became an acronym: I=Jesus; X=Christ; O=God's; Y=Son; E=Savior. Today, the person who displays the fish symbol has accepted the same New Testament teaching that these early Christians accepted: that Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior. By a decision of faith, this person has entered into a personal relationship with God and knows the reality of God's forgiveness. "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved" (Romans 10:9, NIV).
Sign of the Fish

allaboutlove

Jun 11, 2013
You are a pagan or not, i don't know, but its a shame, because Paul says:

1C 11:14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

I don't believe Jesus Christ was walking with full of shame!!!

And you don't belong to the Church of God( not according to me, but Paul)

1C 11:16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
Sence your not God friend i dont think you posses the abiliuy to say who is or isnt part of Gods church.. sence only God can judge a mans heart an only Jesus can save.. what you have to say mdosent mean much to me i know what my relationship with christ is.... much love an God. Bless friend.

G

Graybeard

hi bro, must admit the jury is still out with me, lol, i have turned it into a study for myself, as far as i can tell the star of david wasn't used until much later, even a thousand years later. also the item may date to early christian but it doesn't mean the engravings do. but i wonder if it will endup a matter of opinion as there's not much evidence to say it isn't fake, but of course that doesn't mean its fake. i'll keep studying and will let you know if i encounter any evidence either way. blessings..
I don't think whoever designed it had in mind "The Star of David", look at the image separately, The Menorah has a triangle for the base and so does the Fish. when overlapped they form "The Star Of David"....coincidence? I don't think so.

G

Graybeard

The bible does not mention Jesus' physical appearance. Ever wonder why that was omitted?

If we did have an idea of what he looked like, people might be worshipping his image instead of him.
actually it does...twice...once in the OT and once in the NT. The NT description is more detailed and of His Glorified appearance.

May 11, 2013
oh great...another 'black israel' cultist...

everyone get ready for more false doctrine...

Noo, your church is the cult that was set up by a pagan in 325 AD, Constantine injected a lot of pagan beliefs that was practiced by the Egyptians, Babylonians etc... Pagans laugh at christains because they know Christianity is just another form of paganism, we teach and learn thus says the lord according to the bible, so who is the cult you or me? of course you.

S

Sanashankar

How can you pray for someone who is sick if you don't go to church to find out who is sick?
In the church I grew up with, we have two large paintings and one large statue. The one painting represents Jesus either going up into the clouds or coming down appearing to his people I really don't remember. The other painting is Jesus praying on a rock in the garden. And the statue is of Jesus with holes in his hands and feet in the middle of the alter where everyone can see it like the two pictures, up high. I asked my mother once about that and she said, "do you pray to that statue?" I said no. She said " does it look alive?" I said no. She said " does it look like it can heal anyone?" I said no. She said " that's right son, it was given to the church from someone that was very grateful to God for his gift of being an artist.

We look at it as a constant reminder of the gift of Jesus the Word and the hell he went through so we don't have to.

Jesus in the flesh is a Jew and he was brought up in the Jewish laws. Including having his hair cut to proper length. However, I'm quite sure that by the time he was hanging on the stick of wood his hair what wasn't pulled out was long because to the Jews, he was an outcast not conforming to their laws and rules, plus He didn't have time to get a hair cut he was too busy teaching the Word of the Father. LOL

Was Jesus a white man? No. Am I? yes. Does it matter to me? No. It wouldn't bother me If Jesus is Black. I don't get my forgiveness from the color of his skin.

Was he tall? No. Was he handsome? Only to his mother.

If everyone in the classroom was asked to draw a picture of what they think Jesus looked like and your picture was blank, everyone else would think there is something wrong with you and be critical. And the moral of the story is don't be the same way. God loves all of us for our differences as He made us that way on purpose for His pleasure. An idol is only an idol when you make it or use it for that. We don't. I have a small and a large picture of Jesus, but I don't keep them for a good luck charm, I also have pictures of friends and relatives....just a reminder, something to ponder on. Nothing more.
I wud rather be different and stupid amongst the odd instead of being against the scripture and our Lord. Jesus wud not have grown long hair like u said, because he was too busy teaching, because then Paul wud have not made this statment:

1C 11:14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

If picture doesn't matter, why don't we keep a picture of Jesus Christ in Asia, or a black Jesus Christ in Africa...History and documents tells that the picture we keep is of a god called zeus. Do we really dont have think about it too much???Im not telling we have to keep a real Jesus christ's photo, but to pray in tuth and spirit, inside us. Why were Israelites very perticular abt not using idols or pictures in the house of God, or anywhere. New testament is the continuation of Old testament.

S

Sanashankar

Sence your not God friend i dont think you posses the abiliuy to say who is or isnt part of Gods church.. sence only God can judge a mans heart an only Jesus can save.. what you have to say mdosent mean much to me i know what my relationship with christ is.... much love an God. Bless friend.
Its not me who is telling, i clearly told, its PAUL.
And you don't belong to the Church of God( not according to me, but Paul)
Paul wasn't God, but he had the right to tell that the church of God has no such custom of growing hair....Its not about just growing hair, its about obeying God's commandment and considering what apostles told.

Paul-2Ti 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.
2Th 3:14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
Peter- 2Pt 3:2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

By the way, i don't think God will punish men with long hair, but its a part of obeying his commandment.