The Law Is Out Of Date And Will "SOON DISAPPEAR"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Jesus followed all of the laws when he was with us 2000 years ago, this has not changed He still does!
It would be more accurate to say that Christ -- who gave the Law -- observed it perfectly, and He did sum up all the laws into two major laws, which conform to "the Law of Christ".

But unless you see that the finished work of Christ established the New Covenant, you will have an incorrect idea about the application of the Law of Moses. The Law of Christ supersedes that of Moses, since the sacrifice of Christ supersedes all the other sacrifices. But there is a lot more to the New Covenant and you owe it to yourself to get acquainted with it thoroughly.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Wouldn't they have a Jewish heritage?
They do not know their heritage at this point. And it does not matter. Today both Jews and Gentiles are commanded to repent and be converted, regardless of race, sex, or any other criterion. There are only two groups of people in the sight of God -- the saved and the lost.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
I need to do a study on this subject of the Lost Tribes for sure.

Burn1986

Mar 4, 2024
Hello friendly friends,

I am working my way through Day 356 of the timeline, chronological study plan and in this set of unbelievable Scripture, arises this matter of the Levitical Law and its expiration date. :)

Hebrews 8:13 KJV - 13 In that he saith, A new [covenant], he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old [is] ready to vanish away.
Hebrews 8:13 NLT - 13 When God speaks of a "new" covenant, it means he has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and will soon disappear.

There is plenty of Scripture to demonstrate that the Law has been removed as of the Resurrection of Christ.

I, at this time, believe that the Law has been extinct for a couple thousand years, but I need to make sure that I am, gulp, "right" about this belief.

Thank you to all who participate with the maturity that only comes from the same Love that the Father has for His Holy Son (should the Lord have placed it within you).
I get the jist of what you are saying, we just haven’t reached as far on this topic as you have.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
All written Laws are meaningless. They cannot Purify a conscience of corruption.
I believe that the 10 commandments given by God are simply a guide to live by. These Commandments, though, have no saving power whatsoever. There is no way to be justified by the Law. We are saved by Grace through faith, as stated in Ephesians 2:8-9.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I believe that the 10 commandments given by God are simply a guide to live by. These Commandments, though, have no saving power whatsoever. There is no way to be justified by the Law. We are saved by Grace through faith, as stated in Ephesians 2:8-9.
I hear what you're saying. But why would a person have a plaque of the Ten Commandments on the wall, when the Effectual Laws of the Spirit are written upon "your" heart? That's kind of the whole piont, isn't it? Transition? Transform from one to the other? From death to Life, etc?

:) - Enjoy your Day!

selahsays

May 31, 2023
I hear what you're saying. But why would a person have a plaque of the Ten Commandments on the wall, when the Effectual Laws of the Spirit are written upon "your" heart? That's kind of the whole piont, isn't it? Transition? Transform from one to the other? From death to Life, etc?

:) - Enjoy your Day!
Yes, as Christians, we do not obey the 10 commandments to get saved; rather, we obey them because we are saved.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

- 1 John 2:1-6

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Yes, as Christians, we do not obey the 10 commandments to get saved; rather, we obey them because we are saved.
Hmmm . . . but I have no regard for written Law of any kind, nor would a Blessed Jew after Christ performed His physical and Spiritual Work.

If a human never saw a written Law of Moses, it would have no impact upon a person's Life, for Purification comes through Christ and not the Law.

Anyway, just thoughts. :)

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Hmmm . . . but I have no regard for written Law of any kind, nor would a Blessed Jew after Christ performed His physical and Spiritual Work.

If a human never saw a written Law of Moses, it would have no impact upon a person's Life, for Purification comes through Christ and not the Law.

Anyway, just thoughts. :)
Well, okay but …. God wrote the Commandments Himself—in stone. They are in His Word, the Bible, right? It is written. We can’t really disregard them, imo. I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying, brother.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Well, okay but …. God wrote the Commandments Himself—in stone. They are in His Word, the Bible, right? It is written. We can’t really disregard them, imo. I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying, brother.
Romans 6:17 speaks of new covenant believers...they obeyed from the heart the form of doctrine which was delivered to them.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
We don’t go around sacrificing doves and sheep today. Jesus Christ became the perfect Sacrifice.
Moses is speaking here telling them what God said to him in his law it’s prophetic foretelling another to come later

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭18:18-19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus claimed to be the one God sent and said this of his word

“He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
‭‭John‬ ‭12:48-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Peter later filled with the Holy Ghost says of Jesus

“For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. ( not the covenant made through Moses at Sinai for only israel but with Abraham before that for all people ) Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭3:22-

“Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭13:31‬ ‭

being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For All flesh is as grass, And all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭1:23-25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Romans 6:17 speaks of new covenant believers...they obeyed from the heart the form of doctrine which was delivered to them.
look brother 700 bc

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:31-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“The law and the prophets ( ot ) were until John:

( nt ) since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭

“And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus ( the gospel) Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭28:30-

“And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭20:25‬ ‭KJV‬‬