The Law Is Out Of Date And Will "SOON DISAPPEAR"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
look brother 700 bc

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:31-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“The law and the prophets ( ot ) were until John:

( nt ) since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭

“And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus ( the gospel) Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭28:30-

“And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭20:25‬ ‭KJV‬‬
You should know...you were there.

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
I, at this time, believe that the Law has been extinct for a couple thousand years, but I need to make sure that I am, gulp, "right" about this belief.
The "LAW" is eternal. It was God's will in 1000 B.C, and God's will hasn't changed. The LAW is just as real and present and in effect in 2024 as it was in 1000 B.C. The Non-Christians will be JUDGED by it at the end of the age.

The Born again Christian, however, since we've been crucified with Christ, and the old man has been judged, and is dead, are immune to the condemnation of the LAW, which has already exacted it penalty on us. (Gal 2:20) WHEN we sin as Christians, it's needful to Repent and confess to God, and our advocate Jesus who will forgive and cleanse us from sin (1 John 1:9)

HOWEVER - the LAW is a statement of God's WILL on many issues. WE are not under the condemnation of the law, but that DOESN'T MEAN that we're free to break it at will. It's NOT O.K. as a Christian to lie, to have an affair your neighbor's wife, to steal, to murder, or to have OTHER GODS before the ONE God - etc. Romans 1 goes into detail.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
No. It was actually a sculpture of the 2 of you playing with fire or something.
But how was it that you saw that far into the future ? Did methuselah show you this sculpture of Moses and I in a distant prophetic dream ?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Moses is speaking here telling them what God said to him in his law it’s prophetic foretelling another to come later

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭18:18-19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus claimed to be the one God sent and said this of his word

“He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
‭‭John‬ ‭12:48-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Peter later filled with the Holy Ghost says of Jesus

“For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. ( not the covenant made through Moses at Sinai for only israel but with Abraham before that for all people ) Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭3:22-

“Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭13:31‬ ‭

being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For All flesh is as grass, And all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭1:23-25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:11‬ ‭KJV‬‬
“Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:45-47‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:22, 24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Not this

“Now therefore why should we die? for this great fire will consume us: if we hear the voice of the LORD our God any more, then we shall die.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭5:25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
But how was it that you saw that far into the future ? Did methuselah show you this sculpture of Moses and I in a distant prophetic dream ?
I had a vision on Patmos. John got the good vision. I got this one.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
The "LAW" is eternal. It was God's will in 1000 B.C, and God's will hasn't changed. The LAW is just as real and present and in effect in 2024 as it was in 1000 B.C. The Non-Christians will be JUDGED by it at the end of the age.

The Born again Christian, however, since we've been crucified with Christ, and the old man has been judged, and is dead, are immune to the condemnation of the LAW, which has already exacted it penalty on us. (Gal 2:20) WHEN we sin as Christians, it's needful to Repent and confess to God, and our advocate Jesus who will forgive and cleanse us from sin (1 John 1:9)

HOWEVER - the LAW is a statement of God's WILL on many issues. WE are not under the condemnation of the law, but that DOESN'T MEAN that we're free to break it at will. It's NOT O.K. as a Christian to lie, to have an affair your neighbor's wife, to steal, to murder, or to have OTHER GODS before the ONE God - etc. Romans 1 goes into detail.
Reasonable.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Well, okay but …. God wrote the Commandments Himself—in stone. They are in His Word, the Bible, right? It is written. We can’t really disregard them, imo. I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying, brother.
Of what need does a Gentile have for the Law of Moses? A Law that was only in place until a better Law came along, which would be the Laws of the Spirit of Life. If the old way is no longer necessary, why cling to it?

Our attention is on Christ alone, and this Spirit within is our Effectual Leader, teacher, and guide . . . providing that such a person would actually possess the Holy Spirit.

What do you think? :love:

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
WE are not under the condemnation of the law, but that DOESN'T MEAN that we're free to break it at will.
My friend, it isn't possible to break Laws when the Laws don't exist. Don't you see Paul teaching that principle in Scripture?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Understood, but it's the Law I asked you about.
No, you asked, "So what about the Law of Christ?" I ask you, so what about it? Perhaps you'd like to add some more words to your question.

studier

Apr 18, 2024
No, you asked, "So what about the Law of Christ?" I ask you, so what about it? Perhaps you'd like to add some more words to your question.
I think the flow of our interaction was clear, so I don't understand the confusion. Here it is again, hopefully clarified:

Ferarri Dino: "The law is not binding on Christians."

studier: "What about the Law of Christ" [added words per your "perhaps": Is it - the Law of Christ - binding on Christians?]

studier

Apr 18, 2024
Both refer to the new covenant...and spiritual Israel..the Israel of God...Romans 9:7.
Do you think God had to fulfill His promise to national Israel by instituting the New Covenant?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Do you think God had to fulfill His promise to national Israel by instituting the New Covenant?
I don't think the new covenant deals with nations, but individuals. But it's an interesting question. At some point the old covenant had to end and sanctions for Israel's failure applied. At the same time, a covenant of grace runs throughout the old testament period beginning in Genesis 3. So I don't think it was necessarily a promise to national Israel as much as a promise to the seed of Abraham.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Of what need does a Gentile have for the Law of Moses? A Law that was only in place until a better Law came along, which would be the Laws of the Spirit of Life. If the old way is no longer necessary, why cling to it?

Our attention is on Christ alone, and this Spirit within is our Effectual Leader, teacher, and guide . . . providing that such a person would actually possess the Holy Spirit.

What do you think? :love:
Good morning, little brother (I think I’m older than you., lol.). You might consider what it is that’s kept in the Ark of the Covenant, which resides in heaven. IMG_5752.gif Inside are kept the two tablets that God Himself wrote—not once, but twice.
Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.

- Revelation 11:19

vassal

Jan 20, 2024
Nehemiah6, post: 5300514, member: 258921"]It would be more accurate to say that Christ -- who gave the Law -- observed it perfectly, and He did sum up all the laws into two major laws, which conform to "the Law of Christ".

I agree with that, just wanted to write it in another way hoping people would make the link that Jesus Who is also one with GOD is master and has full authority on everything.

But unless you see that the finished work of Christ established the New Covenant, you will have an incorrect idea about the application of the Law of Moses. The Law of Christ supersedes that of Moses, since the sacrifice of Christ supersedes all the other sacrifices. But there is a lot more to the New Covenant and you owe it to yourself to get acquainted with it thoroughly.

Christ initiated the new covenant yes but how can people who say we do not have to follow the commandments be under the new covenant? The laws that God/Jesus gave on mount horeb written by his own finger are the commandments, this is why Christ explained them and followed them fully. the new covenant says;
Jer 31:31 Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.
Jer 31:32 It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt— a covenant they broke, though I was a husband to them,” declares the LORD.
Jer 31:33 “But this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD. I will put My law in their minds and inscribe it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they will be My people.
Jer 31:34 No longer will each man teach his neighbor or his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ because they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquities and will remember their sins no more.”

If the new covenant is fully in effect it would mean;

Jer 31:34 No longer will each man teach his neighbor or his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ because they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquities and will remember their sins no more.”

This is obviously not the case.

Many will also say this Covenant was given only to Israel but is is obviously given to all who believe in Christ who have received the Holy Spirit. Jesus sent the disciples to go to all the world and teach everything the saw and learned!

A covenant requires an agreement for both sides, Between God the creator and his creation. still no agreement here many refuse to follow the commandments.

Blessings.