The Millenium

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BananaPie

Weird thing is...
Wow! What a living testimony of how far the hand of God has brought you, Brother. :)

Well, weird thing is... ...back in the 80's, when there were no computers (and no internet either), I became interested in the mathematics of the Hebrew Calendar. Upon several years fiddling with how lunar calendars work in relationship to the Bible, I came to the same conclusion you did: it's very likely that the Lord Jesus was born either on the Day of Atonement or during the Feast of Tabernacles (Sept/Oct).

Since those mathematical findings, like you, I no longer participate in secular festivities either. I do, nonetheless, participate in birthday celebrations as long as it's not my own. :chuckles: :D

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2013
Yes, i had an odd upbringing even by worldly standards. Didn't mean this to be a testimony but i am glad you could appreciate it.

I assume you know my issues with b-days?

B

BananaPie

...Then [God] creates an new heaven and earth. So that the righteous may finally inherit the promised land.
1. Do you believe the Millennial Reign of Christ is physically upon Earth?
If not, where do you believe resurrected saints are during the Millennial Sovereignty of Christ?

2. Do you believe that the Promised Land is the same concept as existing in the New Jerusalem which descends from Heaven? In other words, is the New Jerusalem a physical or spiritual concept to you?

I don't believe the New Jerusalem is a spiritual situation because a Temple with dimensions was described to Ezekiel. Nonetheless, I believe God, who is Spirit, will continue to dwell among His people; whereas God's people will dwell in a new physical dimension where time is no longer relevant.

B

BananaPie

Nope, I'm clueless; you're welcome to share why you brush-off birthdays. I do understand why JW have an issue with b-days.

B

BananaPie

Yes, i had an odd upbringing even by worldly standards.
Well, dear brother, we all have odd upbringings even when some have been raised "in Church." ...and as you well know, the best among us still fall very short of the glory of God. :D

What's good is that our reprobate minds have been restored to favor the mind of Christ. The best upbringing a person can have is to be raised by the Holy Spirit of God.

As sons and daughters, we can be thankful to our parents for granting us to learn from their mistakes. As sinners saved by God's grace, we can be forever thankful to our Lord for granting us such a great salvation that never rots. :)

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2013
1. Do you believe the Millennial Reign of Christ is physically upon Earth?
If not, where do you believe resurrected saints are during the Millennial Sovereignty of Christ?

2. Do you believe that the Promised Land is the same concept as existing in the New Jerusalem which descends from Heaven? In other words, is the New Jerusalem a physical or spiritual concept to you?

I don't believe the New Jerusalem is a spiritual situation because a Temple with dimensions was described to Ezekiel. Nonetheless, I believe God, who is Spirit, will continue to dwell among His people; whereas God's people will dwell in a new physical dimension where time is no longer relevant.
1. No. I think we spend it in New Jerusalem. Before it descends, which is after the second death.

2. No and yes. i could use a little more focus on this detail. i have always viewed the new earth as the promised land and new jerusalem being the equivalent of the wilderness.

just as moses led God's people out of egypt following the plagues and that the time in the wilderness was a type of judgement, and of course eventually leading them into the promised land. so christ will lead us out of the world after the plagues and be our intercessor during millennial judgement and ultimately giving us the promised land. the literal earth which was meant for adam and eve sin free.

Sep 7, 2013
as far as b-days go find people in scripture who celebrated them and tell me what you come up with...:p

B

BananaPie

as far as b-days go find people in scripture who celebrated them and tell me what you come up with...:p
ROFL! ...nods...

You mean you're not into hanging your chief baker nor beheading a Baptist??
:)
Okay, you're cool, Brother. I'm just a couple steps behind you on that straight & narrow...

B

BananaPie

1. No. I think we spend it in New Jerusalem. Before it descends, which is after the second death.
I see. :)

a. Would you agree that the 2nd death occurs at the conclusion of the 1,000-year Sovereign reign of Jesus Christ?

b. Do you make distinction between the 1,000-year Reign of Jesus Christ and
eternity, which commences with the descent of the New Jerusalem?

c. Have you ever studied the writings of the Jehovah Witness?

KAdamW said:
just as moses led God's people out of egypt following the plagues and that the time in the wilderness was a type of judgement, and of course eventually leading them into the promised land. so christ will lead us out of the world after the plagues and be our intercessor during millennial judgement and ultimately giving us the promised land. the literal earth which was meant for adam and eve sin free.
Now, that statement is peachy sweet. Would you agree that the Lord Jesus is currently our intercessor? (Romans 8)

zone

Jun 13, 2010
You do see that he sets a period of time and tells them what he expects to be accomplished during that period though, right? In the event you say yes....
yes, it appears to be His way.

So it is understandable that things would have gone differently had that happened, right?
there was no other Plan.

Personally I see Christ as having to take over many things that were expected of Israel and fulfilled them in a spiritual manner since they failed at the literal.
that was always the Plan.
Jesus is the True Israel.
the Second Adam.

Genesis 22
15And the angel of the LORD called to Abraham a second time from heaven 16and said, “By myself I have sworn, declares the LORD, because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven and as the sand that is on the seashore. And your offspring shall possess the gate of hisd enemies, 18and in your offspring shall all the nations of the earth be blessed, because you have obeyed my voice.”

Galatians 3:16
Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, “And to offsprings,” referring to many, but referring to one, “And to your offspring,” who is Christ.

Matthew 2:15
and remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, “Out of Egypt I called my son.”

Next may I ask whether the statue with ten toes in daniel, do you see correlation with that vision and the ten heads in Revelation?
yes.

P

plussizedstickbug

Zone I believe what you have said I have this same belief. What is this going on right now with this trying to recreated by men a new earthly "old kingdom way" on earth. Even by saying it is to bring then new real way down on men. What in the world are they doing? Where is this taking many a people? Is this effecting things in a bad way?
I feel it is.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Zone I believe what you have said I have this same belief. What is this going on right now with this trying to recreated by men a new earthly "old kingdom way" on earth. Even by saying it is to bring then new real way down on men. What in the world are they doing? Where is this taking many a people? Is this effecting things in a bad way?
I feel it is.
because dispensationalism/premillennialism says God didn't really mean It Is Finished.

sure it's effecting the world in a bad way.
aren't are the carnal people fighting over a carnal kingdom when the Kingdom is Heavenly Zion?
it's to be expected, since the Pharisees still don't believe the Kingdom came with Christ.
and Islam has some other thing altogether.

but people who wouldn't think to help Islam bring in their mahdi, are the very ones working with and for the Pharisees to create their kingdom on earth. headquartered out of earthly Jerusalem.

maybe they don't believe this, either.
dunno.

Galatians 4
Example of Hagar and Sarah
21Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not listen to the law? 22For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by a slave woman and one by a free woman. 23But the son of the slave was born according to the flesh, while the son of the free woman was born through promise. 24Now this may be interpreted allegorically: these women are two covenants. One is from Mount Sinai, bearing children for slavery; she is Hagar. 25Now Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia;e she corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. 26But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother. 27For it is written,

“Rejoice, O barren one who does not bear;
break forth and cry aloud, you who are not in labor!
For the children of the desolate one will be more
than those of the one who has a husband.”

28Now you,f brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise. 29But just as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so also it is now. 30But what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the slave woman and her son, for the son of the slave woman shall not inherit with the son of the free woman.” 31So, brothers, we are not children of the slave but of the free woman.

Sep 7, 2013
I see. :)

a. Would you agree that the 2nd death occurs at the conclusion of the 1,000-year Sovereign reign of Jesus Christ?

b. Do you make distinction between the 1,000-year Reign of Jesus Christ and
eternity, which commences with the descent of the New Jerusalem?

c. Have you ever studied the writings of the Jehovah Witness?

Now, that statement is peachy sweet. Would you agree that the Lord Jesus is currently our intercessor? (Romans 8)
a) yes
b) yes
c) not studied per se'. but i have had study with them. i have noticed our similar views on easter, christmas, halloween, and michael. never understood why their views stopped short on the sabbath. seems that that would be the most common view, and other pagan days would follow.

yes i agree Christ is our current intercessor.
______
______

most i know who have issue with JW's seem to focus on the sabbath and particularly the 144,000. this i have seen as a lesser problem. the major prob i have run into was being able to hand a study (even those written by myself) to a JW. then have no prob handing me their literature even when i never knew the author. but the same people who refused to take my personal writing tried to offer me writings of their church written by someone they never met.

that was a real turnoff and redlight for me.

B

BananaPie

Good heavens! KAdamW, it seems you do study Holy Scripture carefully. The Lord is good.

I didn't want to assume about Michael, but here's where it gets sticky for me.
1. Do you believe Jesus is God, holy and divine, equally eternal with God the Father?

2. Do you believe the Holy Spirit of God is an actual intelligent, godly being, eternal and co-equal with God, capable of teaching, guiding (leading), testifying about God, comforting or encouraging, hearing and speaking and making decisions?

3. Do you believe 100% of what Jesus had to say?

4. If I'm being too snoopy, you are welcome to halt my curiosity. :D

As for red flags, you may consider what makes an apostate, and why are you among the redeemed. :)
Remember, there is a reason why the Lord Jesus said, "and when the Son of Man come, will He find faith on Earth?" May the Lord continue to increase you in the most precious faith, brother. :)

In Christ,
BPie

Sep 7, 2013
there was no other Plan.
ok. but God knows everything, the beginning and the end. what was the point of commissioning Israel just to turn around and take it from them? He already knew they would choke and deny their savior. but He appeared to keep it open ended. by telling them they had a probationary period to clean up there act.

think of how disheartening it would have been to tell them that the gentiles they thought so little of would end up taking over the commission and fulfilling it because they would fail. and that the lineage they placed so much importance on would be cast aside and not save them. but that the gentiles through faith in Christ would then become abraham's seed?

that was always the Plan.
then why the prophecy of the 70wks. he already knew what would happen but why indicate that is was possible they could fix the path they were on?

Jesus is the True Israel.
the Second Adam.

i concur.
thanks for replying.

Sep 7, 2013

I didn't want to assume about Michael, but here's where it gets sticky for me.
1. Do you believe Jesus is God, holy and divine, equally eternal with God the Father?

2. Do you believe the Holy Spirit of God is an actual intelligent, godly being, eternal and co-equal with God, capable of teaching, guiding (leading), testifying about God, comforting or encouraging, hearing and speaking and making decisions?

3. Do you believe 100% of what Jesus had to say?

4. If I'm being too snoopy, you are welcome to halt my curiosity.
1) yes

2) yes

3) yes

4) i have no problems with what you've asked.