The New Age Tower of Babel has an added new level!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AgapeSpiritEyes

Could this be the end time tower of Babel that man is progressing to the point that He will believe even greater to not need God or want God as they did in the age of rebellion at the tower of Babel?. Is technology interposed with the giants and the tower of babel are all these efforts of man with the evil in man’s minds continuously? All of these past wiles of satan in and through man to rebel against God defying Him in and by technology accumulating collectively in all these moves and efforts by satan in the past now altogether in this age ?

3D Printing Spurs a Manufacturing Revolution” — New York Times
A breakthrough 3D printing technology is about to forever change manufacturing(the world governments and order) as you know it... putting to an end to the globalized supply chain — and the "Made in China" era. This cutting-edge technology is so powerful, it could trigger an social Rebirth.
With many experts proclaiming 3D printers will make it possible for many American companies to mass produce products right here at home. Cargo ships could become a distant relic.
A new report by John Manners-Bell, CEO of Transport Intelligence, and Ken Lyon, CEO of Virtual Partners, found that with 3D printing, "Goods which were previously produced in China or other Asia markets could be 'near-sourced' to North America," vastly reducing transportation and labor costs for American companies.
A new report by John Manners-Bell, CEO of Transport Intelligence, and Ken Lyon, CEO of Virtual Partners, found that with 3D printing, "Goods which were previously produced in China or other Asia markets could be 'near-sourced' to North America," vastly reducing transportation and labor costs for American companies.
It's been estimated that up to 30% of finished products manufactured last year involved some kind of 3D printing. By 2016, this is expected to rise to 50%... and by 2020, potentially up to 80%.
Using a new kind of printer, a little-known Minnesota company has "printed" an entire car. It gets 200 MPG, goes 70 mph, and is built to last for 30 years. Using a new kind of printer, a little-known Minnesota company has "printed" an entire car. It gets 200 MPG, goes 70 mph, and is built to last for 30 years.
It can print plastic, metal, glass, and even concrete. This is one of those rare transformational technologies — like the Internet or the printing press — that could change the way we live, work, and play. According to the Market Oracle, this is the 21st century's laser printer — with the power to forever alter industries in the same manner that desktop publishing changed the print industry during the 1980s.
It's no wonder SmartPlanet calls 3D printing the: Amazing small factory.
What about the ability to print coins paper money will now threaten the governments available so massively in a country or the world it will demand the removal of paper and coinage as money and increase the reality of marks on or in your body to monitor and account your worth in a system of electronics and a central governments control. This will exponentially accelerate the fear of government to control pressing even more a whole world order of control and removal of individual rights and constitutional freedoms.
3 d printing has conceived printing: food, printing human organs, and now as God said at the tower of Babel Genesis 11, Joining the people in language and abilities and “Nothing will be restrained from them which they have imagined to do.” I think of the account of in the book of Revelations where the Great City of Babylon (Babel) lists all these goods are they 3-d printed? The earth is in great destruction in this text how are they growing how are they produced? Harvesting the cellular material and then 3-d printed?
Fact is higher production costs, shipping costs, time delays, and social unrest are leading many companies to rethink moving jobs overseas. 3D printing solves all of those problems. 3D Printing Technology is Advancing at a Rapid Pace. 3-d printing is another small step to the giants of the New age Tower of Babel,Babylon?

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
What? How these things correlate I just don't know...

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I have this really wild, crazy, conspiratorial idea, that a 3D printer is REALLY...

just a thing that prints in 3D.

T

that_1_dude

Genesis 11:4 And they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower whose top is in the heavens; let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth.”

I am inclined to think space travel is the proverbial "Tower of Babel." Basing it on the Tower of Babel was to reach the Heavens. I recall reading/hearing of a projected time to start a colony on Mars.

M

MatthewMichael

Great article. I've been really curious about the 3D printing stocks. This technology is amazing. I saw a video where they proposed using large scale printers to print homes. Crazy stuff.

As far as a chip for currency. With or without the printers, it is coming fast. For our "grow forever at warp speed" economy to continue, margins will have to be further reduced. Paper notes have a life expectancy of only a couple years. Switching to a plastic only society would save a lot of time and money, but will probably end up in a lot of identity theft which will eventually lead to some type of implant. We're already at a place where people are getting comfortable with the idea. They chip their animals already, and there's plenty of talk for chips with medical records and financial records. Interesting stuff.

There's a lot of shady stuff going on in our economy and market. The seem to go up indefinitely at impossible rates. The stock market shouldn't be surging. It should be plummeting. Nothing has been fixed. The growth is artificial. The fear of the last crash has just slipped far enough out of memory that droves of people are comfortable enough to be greedy again. The only thing in nature that grows like our economy is cancer.

D

didymos

1.jpg

T

Tintin

Not 4D? Dang.

I have this really wild, crazy, conspiratorial idea, that a 3D printer is REALLY...

just a thing that prints in 3D.

Jul 25, 2005
While I think the narrow example used is a little out in left field, the OP is correct in that people are making a shabby attempt at constructing a new God through technology. This isn't a very original thought. Just read the Hyperion series by Dan Simmons.

Jul 25, 2005
Except for the later half of the cantos when the Catholic Church finds itself in charge of a multi-planet hegemony.

D

Donkeyfish07

First step towards an actual Star Trek like replicator. I really think we'll have that by the time I'm 50