The norm ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
First, I must acknowledge that there is no explicit verse that directly settles this issue. At the same time, I don't think that an explicit verse is necessary to prove that something is scriptural. I think that if a doctrine is implied in Scripture or logically follows from what we find in Scripture, and if there is nothing in Scripture that directly refutes it, then that belief can be considered scriptural. I think most people agree with me on that point, but it bears repeating, especially when considering the Marian dogmas. When it comes to Catholic beliefs about Mary, people tend to place demands on the evidence they will accept that are way more stringent and unyielding than the demands that they place on their own beliefs.

Romans 3:10, 23, 5:12, Luke 2:24 (Leviticus 12:8) directly refutes the idea that Mary was sinless. The Catholic church is clearly at odds with scripture.

When will you come out of her?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
sure enough the HS inspired the scriptures but He certainly did not inspire you and your interpretation - I know at least two that did not sin and remained righteous - it seems Jesus surrendered His divinity and became semi human whilst Mary's surrendered humanity would have made her semi divine - wincam
Jesus set aside the glory that was His in heaven to become like man His creation. Jesus did not become less divine in His body of flesh.

Mary as semi-divine clearly reveals the pagan philosophy upon which that teaching is based. You cannot get Mary right until you get Christ correct.

Ac 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

For the cause of Christ
Roger