The offer of Salvation is universal, but the application is only : "by Faith".

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Your statements are true.
But those who would want to simplify and make a mockery of God's way of salvation, especially those who are seeking shortcuts into the kingdom of God,
should understand that words translate into action. I cannot say I love you in one breath and then go and prostitute myself with whores.

I cannot say I want to become a soccer player and do not practice.
There are some that say that God waves a magic wand upon their request to enter his kingdom and like magic they are changed from a wicked creature into a new born creature.

I will not say anything else, because really these people have been led into a dark place by God because of their evil heart. Yes, God will send them to live with Satan if they act like Satan.

Your fruits or works do not lie. (The bible states by their fruits you will know them)

Don't be lazy and allow these fast talkers to lead you into hell, else you yourself will deserve hell because of your laziness to read the bible, (a book that even a child can understand)

2Pe_2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Rom_11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
I agree that there will be evidence of salvation and the lack of it is probably evidence that salvation has not occurred. But salvation itself is come as you are, without one please, but that thy blood is shed for me.

P

pablocito

I agree that there will be evidence of salvation and the lack of it is probably evidence that salvation has not occurred. But salvation itself is come as you are, without one please, but that thy blood is shed for me.
You are right but it is a wise man who shows the pitfall of a thing.
For example God never promoted heaven without showing us hell and also giving us insight into the traps that lay await for the traveller or sojourner along the way. The pitfalls are many and it is only by the grace of God that we can overcome.

With the examples of the many saints who went before and our guide the Holy Spirit we will overcome.

1Co_10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

2Pe_2:6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

1Pe_5:3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.

This last verse requires us to stand up and humbly speak the truth, not with malicious intent but rather with love, and in so doing, we may pull one from the fire.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Believing on Jesus Christ means believing in his requirements that he has given to us.
Believing on Jesus Christ means we are trusting in Him alone for salvation/trusting in His death, burial and resurrection as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. (Acts 10:43; 16:31; Romans 1:16; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4) John 6:28 - Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

Many people came to Jesus asking to follow him, some of them having kept the commandments, tithing, etc etc etc. Jesus turned them away because they refused to do what he told them to do. It is even said that one went away sad, because he probably was very much interested in the salvation that Jesus offered but could not do a very difficult thing that Jesus required of him.
In John chapter 6, we see that many of Jesus' so called disciples complained and were offended (verses 60-61) about what Jesus said in verses 51-59. These are the very so called "disciples" who Jesus says “do not believe.” (John 6:64) They also walked with Him no more. So apparently, these alleged disciples of Jesus set out to be learners and followers of Him (based on their own expectations) of Jesus, then as soon as Jesus said something that was hard for them to understand and did not line up with their expectations, they left Him.

In regards to the rich young man in Matthew 19:16-22, Jesus showed him how short he falls of keeping the first commandment (Exodus 20:3) which is the first of the two great commandments (Deuteronomy 6:5; Matthew 22:37) by trusting in his riches over Christ could not part from his great wealth, not even in exchange for eternal life. The rich young ruler confidently and (self righteously) declared that he has kept the commandments from his youth up and qualified for heaven under those terms. Yet Jesus knew the man's wealth had become his idolatrous god, which kept him from believing in Jesus unto salvation.

Believing in Jesus means that you believe in all the words that he says concerning salvation. Jesus himself did much work as he said he came to earth to finish his father's work. God worked. Jesus worked (He was obedient unto death). Paul worked. And it seems strange that we as his children are not required to work. In fact we are promised rest from our work after we have finished his will.
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 6:40 - For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

John 6:47 - Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

John 11:25 - Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this? I certainly do.

Knowing his will is the most important thing in all of Christianity. If you know his will, it means that you have found the truth and the truth will set you free.
What is His will for us in regards to receiving eternal life? John 6:40 - John 6:40 - For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

John 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.
That was the will of the Father for Jesus to do.

Heb_4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb_4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
The writer of Hebrews is talking about our "sabbatismos" rest (Hebrews 4:9) that we have in Christ. No matter how rigorously people labor, they could never earn their way to heaven by their works/performance. Labor here involves continuing in belief rather than fall in unbelief.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
This is the will of God for believers after they have been saved. We also see the will of God for believers (those already saved) in 1 Thessalonians 5:14-18: Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all. See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

WE MUST NOT CONFUSE GOD'S WILL FOR US TO BECOME SAVED WITH GOD'S WILL FOR US AFTER WE HAVE BEEN SAVED.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Salvation is of grace through faith/. not of ourselves

Your either saved or your not. there is no inbetween.

enter in the narrow gate.. once your in your in.

sadly many enter by the wide gate. which is the wrong one

You can't work hard enough to receive salvation. and you can't work hard enough to keep salvation once you have it.. on any day you are unworthy of such a great salvation. It is when we think we are worthy in where Satan has us and will take us down. because our faith leaves the one who saves us and looks to self as the one who saves..

if we have not been saved yet. then we are looking to the wrong path.

If we have been saved and satan has duped us into this religious mindset. then we are taken out (yet still saved)

Our salvation is on God. His death, His promise, his reputation. not our own.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Salvation is of grace through faith/. not of ourselves

Your either saved or your not. there is no in between.

enter in the narrow gate.. once your in your in.

sadly many enter by the wide gate. which is the wrong one

You can't work hard enough to receive salvation. and you can't work hard enough to keep salvation once you have it.. on any day you are unworthy of such a great salvation. It is when we think we are worthy in where Satan has us and will take us down. because our faith leaves the one who saves us and looks to self as the one who saves..

if we have not been saved yet. then we are looking to the wrong path.

If we have been saved and satan has duped us into this religious mindset. then we are taken out (yet still saved)

Our salvation is on God. His death, His promise, his reputation. not our own.
Saved by grace through faith, not works (Ephesians 2:8,9) is not hard to understand. It's just hard for many people to ACCEPT. For such people, their hands are full of their works and they will not let go in order to receive Christ through faith.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Saved by grace through faith, not works (Ephesians 2:8,9) is not hard to understand. It's just hard for many people to ACCEPT. For such people, their hands are full of their works and they will not let go in order to receive Christ through faith.
they err the way of the jew, who thought they were righteous, and through it missed the opportunity when their savior came.

as long as we think we have even an ounce of goodness. we will fail to repent truly and become as the tax collector

P

pablocito

Believing on Jesus Christ means we are trusting in Him alone for salvation/trusting in His death, burial and resurrection as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. (Acts 10:43; 16:31; Romans 1:16; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4) John 6:28 - Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

In John chapter 6, we see that many of Jesus' so called disciples complained and were offended (verses 60-61) about what Jesus said in verses 51-59. These are the very so called "disciples" who Jesus says “do not believe.” (John 6:64) They also walked with Him no more. So apparently, these alleged disciples of Jesus set out to be learners and followers of Him (based on their own expectations) of Jesus, then as soon as Jesus said something that was hard for them to understand and did not line up with their expectations, they left Him.

In regards to the rich young man in Matthew 19:16-22, Jesus showed him how short he falls of keeping the first commandment (Exodus 20:3) which is the first of the two great commandments (Deuteronomy 6:5; Matthew 22:37) by trusting in his riches over Christ could not part from his great wealth, not even in exchange for eternal life. The rich young ruler confidently and (self righteously) declared that he has kept the commandments from his youth up and qualified for heaven under those terms. Yet Jesus knew the man's wealth had become his idolatrous god, which kept him from believing in Jesus unto salvation.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 6:40 - For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

John 6:47 - Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

John 11:25 - Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this? I certainly do.

What is His will for us in regards to receiving eternal life? John 6:40 - John 6:40 - For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

That was the will of the Father for Jesus to do.

The writer of Hebrews is talking about our "sabbatismos" rest (Hebrews 4:9) that we have in Christ. No matter how rigorously people labor, they could never earn their way to heaven by their works/performance. Labor here involves continuing in belief rather than fall in unbelief.

This is the will of God for believers after they have been saved. We also see the will of God for believers (those already saved) in 1 Thessalonians 5:14-18: Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all. See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

WE MUST NOT CONFUSE GOD'S WILL FOR US TO BECOME SAVED WITH GOD'S WILL FOR US AFTER WE HAVE BEEN SAVED.

I will not repeat any of the verses that you have quoted. You have deceptively twisted the scriptures to not only your own downfall but to the possible demise of others who will jump aboard your sinking ship. The bible says -- Woe to those through whom offenses come. Woe was used to characterize the Pharisees whom Jesus called children of Satan.

My response is not directed to you because God is your judge, but rather to those who will read your post, warning them to read the bible for themselves and not to jump aboard any man's belief as they will receive the same punishment as that man or false prophet.

Eze 14:9 And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

Eze 14:10 And they shall bear the punishment of their iniquity: the punishment of the prophet shall be even as the punishment of him that seeketh unto him;

1Co_10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

2Pe_2:6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
I will not repeat any of the verses that you have quoted. You have deceptively twisted the scriptures to not only your own downfall but to the possible demise of others who will jump aboard your sinking ship. The bible says -- Woe to those through whom offenses come. Woe was used to characterize the Pharisees whom Jesus called children of Satan.

My response is not directed to you because God is your judge, but rather to those who will read your post, warning them to read the bible for themselves and not to jump aboard any man's belief as they will receive the same punishment as that man or false prophet.

Eze 14:9 And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

Eze 14:10 And they shall bear the punishment of their iniquity: the punishment of the prophet shall be even as the punishment of him that seeketh unto him;

this post worries me, You claim Dan twisted the scripture. yet you do not show any proof. And it appears that you think yu have somehow met Gods standard. and helped God save you. I hope you know. you not only have sinned and fall shorts of Gods standard. You will never meet that standard. And because of that FACT, You will 100% or every day require Gods grace to keep you saved..

P

pablocito

this post worries me, You claim Dan twisted the scripture. yet you do not show any proof. And it appears that you think yu have somehow met Gods standard. and helped God save you. I hope you know. you not only have sinned and fall shorts of Gods standard. You will never meet that standard. And because of that FACT, You will 100% or every day require Gods grace to keep you saved..
The word "fact" is not used in the bible, as it is a man-made term, used in this temporal world (Of course God allows man to invents things from his own imagination). Facts on this earth are subject to change and like science is not truth.

Truth is everlasting and eternal and will never change or pass away.

Yes, I do have God's blessing on me, and thus I speak as God gives me utterance.

I don't know anything about you except that you have made yourself God to judge me.

Satan in elevating himself to God's level was thrown down to earth from heaven.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
The word "fact" is not used in the bible, as it is a man-made term, used in this temporal world (Of course God allows man to invents things from his own imagination). Facts on this earth are subject to change and like science is not truth.

Truth is everlasting and eternal and will never change or pass away.

Yes, I do have God's blessing on me, and thus I speak as God gives me utterance.

I don't know anything about you except that you have made yourself God to judge me.

Satan in elevating himself to God's level was thrown down to earth from heaven.
so you do not have anything to say other that to falsly accuse of of being your judge? (I said the post worries me, I did not say this post is wrong and you are evil)

do you have anything to say about what I said. to calm me fears? Or are you just going to sit there and falsly accuse me because I see some troubling stuff in your words to Dan that worried me, so I asked for calrarifation. which is evil in your site?