The real Sabbath day

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Like I said, it’s your doctrine. Jesus said He didn’t come to abolish.
so if Numbers 15:32-36 is not abolished, are you not under it? it's God's Law - it came from His own mouth.
what's your justification for not obeying it?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
It like you accuse Yah of improper or unfair judgement.
where in the world do you get this accusation from, just because i asked someone else - someone who wants to hold others accountable to keep part of the Law but not all of it - whether this part of the Law is abolished or not?

Luke 16:16-17, "The Law and the Prophets were until John, since that time the Kingdom of YHWH is preached, and every man is pressed to enter it. But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one yodh of the Law to fail."

Daniyl 7:25, "And he will speak great words against YHWH, and will wear out; mentally attack to cause to fall away, the saints of YHWH, and think to change times and Laws…"
if someone says 'you must keep the sabbath Law' but then says 'you must not keep the sabbath Law according to how scripture says it must be kept' then is that person thinking to change the Law or not?

this is not saying God is unjust. this is saying thinking to break the Law into pieces, keep a shard of it and break the rest, and not be guilty of all of it, is hypocrisy. "not one yodh" !

we do not escape the curse of the Law by pretending we can ignore 95% of it while judging one another by 5% of it. the Messiah crucified and risen is the only way to become free - if we are made free from the Law, we are made free from all of it - and if we do not enter Christ, all of the Law remains to convict.

not one yodh is changed!
the jurisdiction of the Law is broken by our crucifixion with Him, where He bore our penalty --- will He be crucified again?? of course not! one sacrifice sufficient for all!

Last edited:

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
we do not escape the curse of the Law by pretending we can ignore 95% of it while judging one another by 5% of it.
sorry, math here is incorrect it was a wild estimate.

10/613 = 1.6%

1/613 = 0.16%

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
ratified in the blood of Mesiah.

Psalm 89:26-37, “He will call out to Me; ‘You are My Father, O YHWH! You are the Rock of My salvation!’ And I will make Him My firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. My mercy I will keep for Him forever and My covenant will stand fast withHim. And I will establish His Seed forever, and His throne will be as the days of heaven. Should His children forsake My Law, and refuse to walk in My judgments; Should they profane My statutes, and fail to keep My commandments; Then I will punish their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with lashes from the whip. Nevertheless, My lovingkindness I will not utterly withdraw from Him, nor will I ever betray My faithfulness. My covenant I will not break, nor will I change what has gone out of My lips. Once for all, I have vowed by My holiness, I cannot lie, and I say to David; His Seed will endure forever, and his throne will endure before Me like the sun. His throne will be established forever like the moon: the faithful witness in the sky.”

"My covenant will stand fast withHim. ... My covenant I will not break, nor will I change what has gone out of My lips."

"My covenant will stand fast withHim."

The covenant stands fast (is preserved in Messiah) ratified in His blood.

Psalms 105:6-10, “O seed of Aḇraham His servant, Children of Ya‛aqoḇ, His chosen ones! He is יהוה our Strength; His right-rulings are in all the earth. He has remembered His covenant forever, The Word He commanded, for a thousand generations, The covenant He made with Aḇraham, And His oath to Yitsḥaq, And established it to Ya‛aqoḇ for a law, To Yisra’yl – an everlasting covenant.

It gives us recincilation. Mercy. A true hope indded.

This does not in any way cancel out obedience.

How would that work? You have forgiven so so now I can not be obedient? or You have fogiven me, and no matter how many times I fall I will stand by Your/YHWH's strength and mercy?

what is the covenant He speaks of here? Sinai, the promise to David, or the promise to Abraham?

Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham's offspring -- not only to those who are of the law but also to those who have the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all.
(Romans 4:16)

to Abraham and to David, there was no caveat - Abraham was given the promise before he was given circumcision, and David, though under the Law, and guilty to die under it, was forgiven - more than having his sin covered by the atoning blood of an animal - though there is no sacrifice to atone for adultery, rape & murder - David's sin was removed ! and David made no sacrifice according to the Law for his guilt - he lay on the floor for seven days in repentance!
but at Sinai, there is Mount Ebal and Mount Gerizim: contingent on the Law, not on faith. are they the same covenant? they are not made on the same basis!

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017

what is the covenant He speaks of here? Sinai, the promise to David, or the promise to Abraham?

Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham's offspring -- not only to those who are of the law but also to those who have the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all.

to Abraham and to David, there was no caveat - Abraham was given the promise before he was given circumcision, and David, though under the Law, and guilty to die under it, was forgiven - more than having his sin covered by the atoning blood of an animal - though there is no sacrifice to atone for adultery, rape & murder - David's sin was removed ! and David made no sacrifice according to the Law for his guilt - he lay on the floor for seven days in repentance!
but at Sinai, there is Mount Ebal and Mount Gerizim: contingent on the Law, not on faith. are they the same covenant? they are not made on the same basis!
This post, among others you have made, is why I don't go to any organized church.

You completely ignore the scriptures Hiz post as if you have found one that destroys them. Or as if the verse you quote is somehow stronger than the ones he posts. A game "many" on this forum play.

Gen. 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Abraham obeyed God and it was counted as Faith, belief, Faithfulness etc.. He was justified because he was "Faithful" to God, not because he was rebellious or disobedient. You can't deny this Biblical fact though many try and do so.

Abraham didn't have the Levitical Priesthood ceremonial sacrificial "Works of the Law" for justification. Levi wasn't even born yet. Paul said this "LAW" was added 430 years after Abraham and was to be in force "till the Seed should come". (Gal. 3:19)

Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham's offspring -- not only to those who are of the law (Justification by animal sacrifices)but also to those who have the faith of Abraham. (Obedience to God apart from the Levitical Priesthood) He is the father of us all.

Like Jesus said: "If you were Abraham's Children, you would do the "Works" of Abraham. It's right there in your Bible.

God Added the Levitical Priesthood to His covenant with Abraham, which He furthered on to Abraham's Children through Moses.. This "ADDED" law are the "Works or deeds of the Law" Paul speaks about in Romans and Galatians. Abraham was justified "apart from the Law" (LP) But not apart of God's Universal Law given to mankind at creation.

Gen. 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Ex. 2:23 And it came to pass in process of time, that the king of Egypt died: and the children of Israel sighed by reason of the bondage, and they cried, and their cry came up unto God by reason of the bondage.
24 And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.

Regarding David, David didn't lay on the floor in repentance as you preach. He lay on the floor for his son that God took from him because of his rebellion and disobedience.

13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.
14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.
15 And Nathan departed unto his house. And the LORD struck the child that Uriah's wife bare unto David, and it was very sick.
16 David therefore besought God for the child; and David fasted, and went in, and lay all night upon the earth.

God knew all those years ago that "many", who come in Christ's name, would use David as an excuse to sin. He hit that nail on the ehad.

Until to accept the truth that God has a universal Law, and He also instituted a temporary Law, "Separate" from His universal Law to;

#1. Administer God's Universal Instructions.

Heb. 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,)

#2. How sins are cleansed. (Shadow of Christ's Sacrifice)

Num. 8:11 And Aaron shall offer the Levites before the LORD for an offering of the children of Israel, that they may execute the service of the LORD.
12 And the Levites shall lay their hands upon the heads of the bullocks: and thou shalt offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering, unto the LORD, to make an atonement for the Levites.
13 And thou shalt set the Levites before Aaron, and before his sons, and offer them for an offering unto the LORD.
14 Thus shalt thou separate the Levites from among the children of Israel: and the Levites shall be mine.

The New Covenant changed the Priesthood, not God's Instructions.

The preaching that Jesus nailed God's Instructions to the cross, that God's instructions are a great impossible task and burdensome beyond comprehension, That Jesus was at war with God over His Commandments and came to earth to free us from God's Universal Laws, making a show of God openly and Triumphing over God in it, is a great lie and deception that has been taught to us both since our childhood, and our fathers before us. I get that you can't accept this, I am hoping someone else reading might.