THE RIGHTEOUS PHARISEE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Well, I am glad that you acknowledge that I read Paul's letters. :D

He always pointed to Christ, and spoke much about the OT.

When someone believes "every word of God," that doesn't mean that they ignore Paul. In fact, most who believe every word take Paul's letters very seriously. So seriously in fact, that they dig in and find out exactly what Paul was talking about.

View attachment 75730 to you.....
my experience is they dig so deep they find something they want Paul to say.
Paul is very clear as an Apostle to the Gentiles .

Mar 5, 2014
Wow, you just come in swinging....

All I can say to your last few comments is ....WOW.....

Matthew 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
Matthew 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Matthew 15:20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Always saddens me when I see some go around trying to pronounce "curses" on others....
paul was inspired by God the Holy Spirit to pronounce that curse.
it has nothing to do with me.
those preaching circumcision (law) and that Christ died for no reason bring the curse on themselves. not those who stumble around in ignorance. those who have read the warnings but over-ride or ignore them. if that offends you, i do believe it is supposed to.

paul was really clear. no excuses.
the idea is simple. Christ is exalted, and man has nothing to boast about. not even their clumsy Old Testament studies.

L

Least

paul was inspired by God the Holy Spirit to pronounce that curse.
it has nothing to do with me.
those preaching circumcision (law) and that Christ died for no reason bring the curse on themselves. not those who stumble around in ignorance. those who have read the warnings but over-rise them. if that offends you, i do believe it is supposed to.
I'm not offended by anything you say Vaudevill

More saddened by the lack of regard for all of God's word than anything...

When nothing but accusations are thrown around, there's absolutely nothing to talk about. I know without a doubt that God hears every word that we speak.

So with that in mind, I'll leave this thread so the ones who want to accuse can continue on their jolly way....

Mar 5, 2014
I'm not offended by anything you say Vaudevill

More saddened by the lack of regard for all of God's word than anything..
really? i know all of God's Word likely more than you do. would you like to open a thread?
the Old Testament (Covenant/Law) will eventually (if God gives you grace and calls you) show you how deeply in error and how much trouble you are in. care to give it a go?

J

Jda016

I'm confused how the argument started..... *scratches head*

Mar 5, 2014
Easy boys.........remember the OP?
no worries. The Old Covenant is where the curses are found. i would have thought these people knew that. my apologies.
the offer stands. the religious Old Testament scholars are encouraged to prove i (or any born again believers) disregard it.
they have rituals to prove how holy they are. their favorite covenant condemns them.
goodnight brother.

Dec 12, 2013
no worries. The Old Covenant is where the curses are found. i would have thought these people knew that. my apologies.
the offer stands. the religious Old Testament scholars are encouraged to prove i (or any born again believers) disregard it.
they have rituals to prove how holy they are. their favorite covenant condemns them.
goodnight brother.
No need to apologize mi amigo and we are probably more on the same base than not!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I'm confused how the argument started..... *scratches head*
The mantra''you need to read the whole bible to understand Paul and grace''.
They pull this all the time here on CC so I thought I'd speak up.
They choose not tp listen to clear statements e.g....

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

but noooooo, 'back to Moses' is their clarion.

Dec 12, 2013
The mantra''you need to read the whole bible to understand Paul and grace''.
They pull this all the time here on CC so I thought I'd speak up.
They choose not tp listen to clear statements e.g....

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

but noooooo, 'back to Moses' is their clarion.
Yes and thank God for Jesus and that particular mercy and grace.