the Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024
The observance of the 7th day Sabbath was specifically given to Israel. After the New Covenant was established by Christ, the Sabbath days were deemed to be "shadows" of the reality of Christ, who is Lord of the Sabbath, and who said that the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. (Col 2:16,17)
He is talking to the Jews and the believers, telling them not to let anyone, non-believers judge them in these things. To hold fast to their beliefs and in keeping the Sabbath holy. He was by no means suggesting it was okay to change or to choose any Ol day for the Sabbath.

Jan 13, 2024
The Ten Commandments have been with God from Creation and will be with us on the New Earth "... and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship me, saith the Lord." (Isaiah 66:23) Moses did not write the ten Commandments; they were given to him by God. The Ten Commandments are not part of the Law of Moses or any part of the old Mosaic Law. "Do not think that I come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them" (Matt 5:17) The Sabbath is mentioned 60 times in the NT alone and all have to do with the 7th day Sabbath but on which refences an annual Sabbath. God made the Sabbath for all mankind (Mark 2:27). Jesus kept it (Luke 4:16), Paul kept it (Acts 17:2), and Gentiles kept it (Acts 13:42-44; 16:13) Several of the Ten Commandments are mentioned throughout the New Testament. God only set one day apart from the rest and blessed it, sanctified it and blessed it and that would be the 7th day of the week not the first.
Read the stoning of Steven Acts Chapter 7 & 8

Acts 13:42

“And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.”

2 Timothy 1:11

“Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.”
1 Timothy 2:7

“Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.”

Romans 3:29

Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:”

The Sabbath was made for Man [Mankind Aka Everyone]

Matthew 5:17

“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.”

Genesis 2:2

“And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.”

Genesis 2:3

“And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.”

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
"So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath..." (Acts 13:42)
I'm not interested in your repetition. Your premise is incorrect.

"1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2. The same was in the beginning with God." (John 1:1-2) The Ten Commandments were with us at Creation
Do you honestly believe that "the Word" here refers to the ten commandments? Do you not understand that the term refers to Jesus Himself?

The Ten Commandments were given to Moses by God, Moses did not write them, He was to give the Law to the people nothing more.
Jesus is our sacrificial lamb, and that's why we're not under the old mosaic laws, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets. I am not come to destroy but to fulfil. (Matt 5:17) We always have and always will be under Gods Commandments and Laws
Already refuted.

Q: Do most Christians even know the history of Sunday worship or just follow along blindly?
I don't know; I'm not "most Christians". I know the history, and I know the relevant Scripture, which is more important.

*The Protestant reformation, *Constine and Sun worship, *The Roman Catholic Church.
Look up the Sabbath at BibbleTools.org, love you, always seek the truth & Gog speed Danny.
Please, proofread your posts before clicking "Post reply". Spelling errors do nothing for your credibility.

You stated," The requirements of Sabbath observance have been transferred to the first day of the week (the Christian Sabbath)."
This was someone else's post. Please don't conflate other people's posts and thereby make false accusations.

BonnieClaire

Jul 1, 2021
The Ten Commandments have been with God from Creation and will be with us on the New Earth "... and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship me, saith the Lord." (Isaiah 66:23) Moses did not write the ten Commandments; they were given to him by God. The Ten Commandments are not part of the Law of Moses or any part of the old Mosaic Law. "Do not think that I come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them" (Matt 5:17) The Sabbath is mentioned 60 times in the NT alone and all have to do with the 7th day Sabbath but on which refences an annual Sabbath. God made the Sabbath for all mankind (Mark 2:27). Jesus kept it (Luke 4:16), Paul kept it (Acts 17:2), and Gentiles kept it (Acts 13:42-44; 16:13) Several of the Ten Commandments are mentioned throughout the New Testament. God only set one day apart from the rest and blessed it, sanctified it and blessed it and that would be the 7th day of the week not the first.

Jesus is our rest and we true Christians worship him every day . . .

Matthew 11:28
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. ~KJV

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
Obviously there is 1) someone with multiple accounts or 2) some Sabbath worshiper who called his friends for reinforcements.

Can moderators put a stop to this?

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024
"So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath..." (Acts 13:42)
Q: God set only one specific day apart from the rest and blessed it, sanctified it and hallowed it. Which day would that be?
"1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2. The same was in the beginning with God." (John 1:1-2) The Ten Commandments were with us at Creation, "Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and MY laws." (Genesis 26:5) God established the 4th Commandment on the 7th day of creation. "Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy..." (Exodus 20:2-17 & Deut 5:6-21) and there are more.
The Sabbath is mentioned 58 times in the NT.
The Disciples kept the Sabbath 85 times just in the book of Acts alone.
God says that if we love him, we will keep his Commandments. (John 14:15)
(1 John 5:3) says that keeping his Commandments shouldn't be burdensome.
The NT gives many warnings about not keeping Gods Commandments.
(1 John 2:3-4) "he that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."
(1 John 2:7) "Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning..."
(James 2:10) " For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."
(Acts 5:29) "We must obey God rather than men."
(1 John 3:23-24) "...Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him..."
(Romans 7:12) "Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good."
(Matt 15:9) "And in vain the worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men."
The list just goes on and on. If the Commandments are part of the old law then why are we commanded to observe and obey then everywhere in the NT?
Love, God speed, Danny

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. ~KJV
(1 John 2:3-4) "he that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024

Obviously there is 1) someone with multiple accounts or 2) some Sabbath worshiper who called his friends for reinforcements.

Can moderators put a stop to this?
(Matt 15:9) "And in vain the worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men."

BonnieClaire

Jul 1, 2021

I'll be praying for you . . .

1 John 3:23
And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. ~KJV

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024

“And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.”

“Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.”

“Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.”

Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:”

“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.”

“And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.”

“And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.”
AMEN, Danny

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024

AMEN, Danny

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024

Do you honestly believe that "the Word" here refers to the ten commandments? Do you not understand that the term refers to Jesus Himself?

Already refuted.

I don't know; I'm not "most Christians". I know the history, and I know the relevant Scripture, which is more important.

Please, proofread your posts before clicking "Post reply". Spelling errors do nothing for your credibility.

This was someone else's post. Please don't conflate other people's posts and thereby make false accusations.
God didn't change the Sabbath man did. (1) It started with the Protestant Reformation when the Gentils wanted to distance themselves from the Jews because they were being persecuted by the Romans. So, they started meeting on the first day of the week (Sunday) (2) Then the king/ emperor Constine and his belief in Sun worship. He actually made the first law for Sunday worship and condemned Sabbath keeping. (3) The Roman Catholic Church has formed and even takes credit for our Sunday Sabbath keeping in what it is today. They even state that there is no bases for Sunday observance except by their own authority.
The word refers to the Holy Scriptures AKA the Bible, and my primes is that the Ten Commandments have been with us from creation and have not been done away with and will be with us on the New Earth "... and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship me, saith the Lord." (Isaiah 66:23)
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2. The same was in the beginning with God." (John 1:1-2)
The Ten Commandments were with us at Creation, "Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and MY laws." (Genesis 26:5)
God established the 4th Commandment on the 7th day of creation. "Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy..." (Exodus 20:2-17 & Deut 5:6-21) and there are more.

You talking the way you do, you need to pray for a little humility. I make no accusations. I just post what I believe to be evident and true. Take from it what you will. I know that not everyone believes the same, but at the same time I believe there are a lot of people being led astray. There are many scriptures about false teachings (2 Timothy 4:3-4)
"And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men. (Matt 15:9)
"he that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (1 John 2:3-4)

Love you, you are in my prayers, God speed Danny

PS look up the Sabbath and the Ten commandments at BibleTools.org

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
God didn't change the Sabbath man did. (1) It started with the Protestant Reformation when the Gentils wanted to distance themselves from the Jews because they were being persecuted by the Romans. So, they started meeting on the first day of the week (Sunday) (2) Then the king/ emperor Constine and his belief in Sun worship. He actually made the first law for Sunday worship and condemned Sabbath keeping. (3) The Roman Catholic Church has formed and even takes credit for our Sunday Sabbath keeping in what it is today. They even state that there is no bases for Sunday observance except by their own authority.
The word refers to the Holy Scriptures AKA the Bible, and my primes is that the Ten Commandments have been with us from creation and have not been done away with and will be with us on the New Earth "... and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship me, saith the Lord." (Isaiah 66:23)
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2. The same was in the beginning with God." (John 1:1-2)
The Ten Commandments were with us at Creation, "Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and MY laws." (Genesis 26:5)
God established the 4th Commandment on the 7th day of creation. "Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy..." (Exodus 20:2-17 & Deut 5:6-21) and there are more.

You talking the way you do, you need to pray for a little humility. I make no accusations. I just post what I believe to be evident and true. Take from it what you will. I know that not everyone believes the same, but at the same time I believe there are a lot of people being led astray. There are many scriptures about false teachings (2 Timothy 4:3-4)
"And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men. (Matt 15:9)
"he that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (1 John 2:3-4)

Love you, you are in my prayers, God speed Danny

PS look up the Sabbath and the Ten commandments at BibleTools.org
Please proofread your posts. I see no reason why I should have to take time to interpret your numerous mis-spellings.

I would encourage you to look up the origin of the phrase, "God speed".

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024

Already refuted.

Already refuted.

Every premise for the transference of the salinity of the true Sabbath changing to Sunday has been refuted
Every argument about the Ten Commandments not being relevant has been refuted by scripture
Jesus refers to Scripture as "the Word of God" (Mark7:13)

Love you, your in my prayers, Danny

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Every premise for the transference of the salinity of the true Sabbath changing to Sunday has been refuted
Every argument about the Ten Commandments not being relevant has been refuted by scripture
Jesus refers to Scripture as "the Word of God" (Mark7:13)

Love you, your in my prayers, Danny
"Transference of the salinity of the true Sabbath"? Um, okay. Is English your first language?

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024
Please proofread your posts. I see no reason why I should have to take time to interpret your numerous mis-spellings.

I would encourage you to look up the origin of the phrase, "God speed".
I don't know what your problem is... but you don't have a very nice Christian attitude. I'm 65 years old and have been studying for a very long time. I am not trying to offend you or anyone else. If you do not like my post Block me. If you have something to share I'm listening, just give me scripture to back it up and we can have a nice polite open discussion.
Have a beautiful Day, Love Danny

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024
"Transference of the salinity of the true Sabbath"? Um, okay. Is English your first language?
Really, that's what you have to talk about.... not scripture or anything useful but rhetoric. Shame on you. Do you really think it's in the spelling or in the message that matters? You really need to lighten up and pray.
God loves you and so do I, Danny

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024
Satan quoted the scriptures out of context, too.
If I took something out of context, please let me know what it was so I can clarify it.
Thanx Danny