The stalemate of translation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 12, 2013
sabaqtani7,
I guess if "Catching Hell" for your biblical interpretation means being told you are WRONG... I guess that is too bad. I notice your public profile says you are not christian, please tell me WHY you would Join a Christian forum to discuss bible study and how you neither believe Jesus is God nor that the bible clearly teaches Jesus is GOD? Please help me understand the point of leading a forum thread expecting Bible Believing CHristians to entertain a discussion about your alternative "Jesus is not God" mis-interpretations of the scripture??? Can you do that please?
Christian denotes a lot of things. Is that, trinitarian, catholic, baptist, messianic Jew, presbyterian, methodist?

I get bored easily with titles.

Call me 'WRONG'.

O

oOfallen_angelOo

As far as God manifesting in people - this happening is actually detailed by the Holy Spirit, a totally different situation.

Even in the context of that verse it said God manifest in the flesh - not in the fleshes ( multiple people.)

There's a verse where Jesus says, " I and the Father am one," and if you read matthew and Luke, there are occasions where the jews try to stone Jesus and he ask them what he has done wrong, and they reply, " because you a mere man, claim to be God."

Note to, that Jesus was crucified on account of " blaspheme," and they mocked him for saying he was the " King of the jews," and blaspheming God by saying he was God.

Even on the cross, one of the criminals there recognized his divine nature.

Jan 12, 2013
As far as God manifesting in people - this happening is actually detailed by the Holy Spirit, a totally different situation.

Even in the context of that verse it said God manifest in the flesh - not in the fleshes ( multiple people.)

There's a verse where Jesus says, " I and the Father am one," and if you read matthew and Luke, there are occasions where the jews try to stone Jesus and he ask them what he has done wrong, and they reply, " because you a mere man, claim to be God."

Note to, that Jesus was crucified on account of " blaspheme," and they mocked him for saying he was the " King of the jews," and blaspheming God by saying he was God.

Even on the cross, one of the criminals there recognized his divine nature.
I understand. I have read those passages too.

Again, it doesnt matter whether it was plural or singular. God and Jesus were on the same page. Views, intents, will. That is clear. Jesus is like God. I have part of my biological father in me, as Jesus does God. Only difference is Gods the perfect 'Father' and jesus the perfect 'Son'.

But I cannot get past Jesus attitude of speaking. 'Father ...' 'Only one is good' 'My father' 'My fathers right hand'. 'the father handed judgement to the son' 'today, son, I have begotten you'. 'this is my son with whom I am well pleased'

I and my girlfriend are the same person - Imagery

I believe the Pharisees misunderstood, as they always did. afterwards Jesus says how he has done many good works in the Father's name. Ie. In the father's spirit. In the spirit of love. So I believe that puts the reference to his oneness with God into context. 'for which of these works do you stone me'. And the pharisees still failed to understand.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is blasphemy against what is good. What they did, in their stoning, was basically say 'what you've done is evil'. 'You're doing these things out of sorcery'. And that is self defeating. It was trampling on loving actions for the sake of it. They could not see past their own images and precpnceptions They took Jesus miracles and works and loving spirit and trampled on it.

The holy spirit can be present in any person. Whenever someone does something and says 'I want to love my brother, i love God, I wish to do these things for Him', that's the spirit of charity. Of love.

Jesus is my brother. He was born like one of us. and he knows life. The lamb.

Like when Abraham was to sacrifice his son. God followed through, because Jesus gave himself up to do so.

What a beautiful thing.

Father, son, and all that they stand for.

Jan 12, 2013
I believe God picked his prophets well. All set up for when Jesus came.You had fathers and sons. And the fathers had some good sons and some bad sons.

I am like a wayward son that cant stop doing the things my father doesnt like. So he let me walk off into the wilderness, and when i returned he has made me a feast with a lamb so big and beautiful that i cant help but love him even more. Sound familiar?

Even though i am not perfect, and by right i spent and sacrificed all the cattle i owned, my father took his biggest most perfect lamb and slaughtered it for me.

We are prodigal sons and daughters.

I took a trip into the wilderness and lost everything that should have mattered to me. And there i was thinking 'i am nothing' when my father saw me on the horizon and called me back. Or maybe he went looking for me. Lost sheep :)