The Tree of the knowledge of good and Evil

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

babyboyblue

Hi everyone,

What does everyone see this tree as? And What exactly was the fruit on it?
I would like to hear your thoughts on it.

Thank you
Blessings:)

I believe it is a literal tree with fruit. The reason I believe God called it the "Tree of the knowledge of good and evil" is because if they ate of it, they would know the difference between right and wrong | good and evil. And they surely did.

The fruit that was on it was a literal fruit. Nothing we have here on the earth, as I don't believe that tree or the garden is on this planet any longer. In Revelation 21 and 22, John saw in vision the "Tree of Life in Heaven". We know that the tree of life was in the Garden of Eden and we also know that the "Tree of the knowledge of good and evil" was in the midst of that Garden so I think it's a safe assumption that both these trees are in Heaven.

Feb 25, 2012
To each their own, To me, whatever Sola Scriptura is to you; To me it's TORAH ALL THE WAY. The Prophecy of Christ/Yeshua; From Yours Truly, The Father; YAHAVAH, NOT Yeshua Messiah who came to Fufill THAT PROPHECY .

Forever in Christ :)

The Messiah, "A Servant of, and sent by The One and Only True GOD(Father,Creator,SPIRIT)"!

Father Help! and HE does.......

Feb 25, 2012
Hi Serpentslayer,

You asked, ....( Let me ask you a question: is Eve speaking the Truth to the serpent in
her response to his question (rhetorical)? If not, who told her what
she knew?)

To the best of her knowledge I think she did, although she did add the word touch to it.
My understanding is that Eve was a picture or reflection of what was in Adam.

What I mean is....His desires, his emotions, his lack of understanding.
Now as far as Truth goes, I don't think Adam had grown to that point when all of this
came down.

Just because The Lord tells us somthing does not mean we fully comprehend the meaning
until we walk it out, or until it becomes inworked in us.

This is the state that I believe Adam was in, imature, childlike, Eve was in him, when God spoke
to him.

So I think she displayed Adams understanding of what God said.
And I may be put over the coals for saying this but, the serpent I think was in His mind.
It's what we call the Carnal mind, our own understanding the thing which we are not suppose
to lean on.

But like I said at this point of Adams growth, I think he did the best he could with what he had.
Not born in sin, but not fully mature either in God.

I still see that tree as the Law, for without the Law their is no KNOWLEDGE of sin.

Blessings[/QUOTE

Most certainly "the law(religion)" was given for a "disobedient and gainsaying(greedy) people"!

Eve was disobedient!

Most certainly she fell victim to "the lust of the eye(she thought the forbidden fruit looked good)", "the lust of the flesh(she thought it would taste good)" and "the pride of life(she thought it would make her wise)" ;-(

And she was captivated by The LIE because she spoke a lie, "you shall not touch it" ;-(

As for Adam?

Simply i believe he loved Eve and sacrificed his life so he could remain with her! One flesh indeed!

"To Love is to sacrifice!"

Paul simply testified in 1 Tim 2:14 "And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."

Why religion? When one can have their portion in The Family of "Our Father and GOD"!

May 25, 2010
2knowhim;590849 [SIZE=3 said:
To the best of her knowledge I think she did, although she did add the word touch to it.[/SIZE]

Now as far as Truth goes, I don't think Adam had grown to that point when all of this
came down.

Just because The Lord tells us somthing does not mean we fully comprehend the meaning
until we walk it out, or until it becomes inworked in us.

This is the state that I believe Adam was in, imature, childlike, Eve was in him, when God spoke
to him.

So I think she displayed Adams understanding of what God said.
And I may be put over the coals for saying this but, the serpent I think was in His mind.
It's what we call the Carnal mind, our own understanding the thing which we are not suppose
to lean on.

But like I said at this point of Adams growth, I think he did the best he could with what he had.
Not born in sin, but not fully mature either in God.

I still see that tree as the Law, for without the Law their is no KNOWLEDGE of sin.

Blessings[/QUOTE

Most certainly "the law(religion)" was given for a "disobedient and gainsaying(greedy) people"!

Eve was disobedient!

Most certainly she fell victim to "the lust of the eye(she thought the forbidden fruit looked good)", "the lust of the flesh(she thought it would taste good)" and "the pride of life(she thought it would make her wise)" ;-(

And she was captivated by The LIE because she spoke a lie, "you shall not touch it" ;-(

As for Adam?

Simply i believe he loved Eve and sacrificed his life so he could remain with her! One flesh indeed!

First, there is no way Eve 'made up' the 'don't touch' restriction, because, if she knew the truth but changed it, then she is the first liar, which contradicts John8:44 (the devil, serpent, told the first lie); therefore, when Eve spoke the untruth, it cannot be the first time it was spoken, and, because Eve was deceived by subtlety by the serpent, who is the devil, it is reasonable to believe that the first time it was told was when the devil told it to her, which was prior to that day, and she believed him.

Second, there is nothing hard about 'Dont eat!' such that Adam could not comprehend. Adam was much more intelligent then you believe. Did he not name ALL the animals the LORD GOD brought to him? and even the 'woman', which means 'of man'? And concerning the promise of a 'sure death' in the Commandment, even though that death was a spiritual death, Adam did not know this, and instead, beleived it would be a physical death, which he could understand, since there was a point in time when he was not alive.

Third, Eve was not willfully disobedient, she had been deceived, and became convinced that eating the 'forbidden' fruit really wasn't wrong.

Fourth, if Adam loved his wife as much as you say, why did he not make any attempt to stop her from eating the forbidden fruit, given the fact he was right beside her when she did (Gen3)?

Dec 19, 2009
Hi everyone,

What does everyone see this tree as? And What exactly was the fruit on it?
I would like to hear your thoughts on it.

Thank you
Blessings:)
It seems to me the Lord is telling us not to be judgmental.

Feb 25, 2012
]First, there is no way Eve 'made up' the 'don't touch' restriction, because, if she knew the truth but changed it, then she is the first liar, which contradicts John8:44 (the devil, serpent, told the first lie)
You do a dis-service to The Word of TRUTH when you "imag"ine the words rather than receiving them ;-(

Simply, John 8:44 testifies, "You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own, for he is a liar, and the father of it."

Liars receive of The LIE!

i pray you would but receive, however it seems that just might be beyond you at this time.

For thinking most certainly interferes with receiving.

S

StEpHman

I think this tree was the tree of the 'knowledge of good and evil' just like there was a tree called the 'tree of life.'

The fruit was the fruit of the tree and when eaten you would receive the 'knowledge of good and evil' and if adam reached for the tree of life he would have attained life. Unfortunately the way the story goes is that God cuts the tree of life off from Adams reach because he could not belike God knowing both good and evil and then live forever, especially if he was going to do what was evil all the time which is what eventually occurred and is why God started over again with Noah.

N

nathan3

The tree of knowledge of good and evil can be understood by, looking up every word in the Hebrew the Bible was translated from In chapter three. Do some translating , because the meaning there does not carry well in the English. But its made clear in the Hebrew . Since the serpent was there, that should give you a clue as to who the Tree of knowledge of good and evil is .

start studying :

Here the Strong's Concordance that will allow you to translate back to the languages it was taken from :
Genesis Chapter 3 - King James Bible With Strong's Dictionary - Bible Software by johnhurt.com