The Two Wtinessess May Alread be Here!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
wow.......that must have been a very tough time for you.
I was very young. I didn't understand why he did what he did. He was bi polar and began to show signs of schizophrenia before he passed away.
I only said what I said to show that sometimes when people think they are something they are not it could be a sign of something serious.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I believe you. But wouldn't you hate to have publically proclaimed that "Mr. SOandSo" thinks he is a witness, and he must be crazy, and then he turns out to be one? Obviously, there are only two, and it's God's choice, not ours, who they will be.
There is more to it than what I shared on here. Dad had a severe mental illness. I'll share with you what all he did in private if you wish.
Besides, if a person is really a witness or prophet or something of that nature where supernatural powers from God are involved then I seriously doubt any antipsychotic medication would work. This is one reason why I am not so easy to believe others on here when they claim certain things. I am not calling anyone a liar, but I have seen a rather horrid side of "prophecy" that almost cost me my life.

A

Anonimous

There is more to it than what I shared on here. Dad had a severe mental illness. I'll share with you what all he did in private if you wish.
Besides, if a person is really a witness or prophet or something of that nature where supernatural powers from God are involved then I seriously doubt any antipsychotic medication would work. This is one reason why I am not so easy to believe others on here when they claim certain things. I am not calling anyone a liar, but I have seen a rather horrid side of "prophecy" that almost cost me my life.
I don't recall a prophet of God ever referring to himself as a prophet. It someone is a prophet tghen God will declare it for him through others.

K

kenisyes

You may share with me if you like. You can just pm. I know of such situations, and I know that there are many who think God has called them to things to which He has not, and that some do so because of mental illness. And I know it can get serious. It is sad that it almost cost you your life.

You notice that I have not said Ed IS a witness, because I don't know. I said he believes he will be a witness when the time comes. There is nothing psychotic about him. You would not know anything except that he loves Jesus, after talking to him, unless the subject of future ministry came up.

K

kenisyes

I don't recall a prophet of God ever referring to himself as a prophet. It someone is a prophet tghen God will declare it for him through others.
Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and Zechariah all describe the time they were told by God to bring a message as part of their message. Isaiah calls his wife the "prophetess". Habbakuk calls himself a prophet. Zechariah 13:5 speaks of a time when people will stop calling themselves prophets. Paul calls himself an apostle in myabe half of his letters.

Feb 17, 2013
The two witnesses are Elijah and Enoch. It is appointed for man once to die. These are the only two men who did not die. Enoch walked with Lord and He took him. Elijah was taken in a chariot of fire. They will come back witness and be killed when God allows it. Until the anyone who tries to harm them will be destroyed. But, I hope I'm not here to see it.

W

webchatter

agree. Enoch & Elijah are the only 2 in the Bible who had different descriptions of their death or burial & were commended both by God & Jesus, & Jesus referred to John as Elijah because he was a good prophet also, not that he was Elijah.
During the first half of the trib of Daniel's last week, the 2 witnesses are not present. The 2 witnesses would only annoy non Christians, so Christians are most likely raptured at mid trib. I believe Enoch & Elijah are ressurected at the rapture & remain on earth being the only 2 Christians at that time on earth, annoying everyone left on earth. I guess sackcloth might be regular garb for them. Then begins God's wrath, per Revelation & we were promised not to be here for God's wrath.
Don't be offended by people being sick & tired comments & jokes about you discussing/starting this thread. I understand your wanting to understand fully everything in the Bible. Every word. Preterism seems to be a religion of it's own & that's why you are being criticized, because you arn't a preterist. Most Christians allow others to discuss their Christian views they don't agree with, with out being rude. This is not the case when it comes to non preterists discussing end times.

P

peterT

agree. Enoch & Elijah are the only 2 in the Bible who had different descriptions of their death or burial & were commended both by God & Jesus, & Jesus referred to John as Elijah because he was a good prophet also, not that he was Elijah.
During the first half of the trib of Daniel's last week, the 2 witnesses are not present. The 2 witnesses would only annoy non Christians, so Christians are most likely raptured at mid trib. I believe Enoch & Elijah are ressurected at the rapture & remain on earth being the only 2 Christians at that time on earth, annoying everyone left on earth. I guess sackcloth might be regular garb for them. Then begins God's wrath, per Revelation & we were promised not to be here for God's wrath.
Don't be offended by people being sick & tired comments & jokes about you discussing/starting this thread. I understand your wanting to understand fully everything in the Bible. Every word. Preterism seems to be a religion of it's own & that's why you are being criticized, because you arn't a preterist. Most Christians allow others to discuss their Christian views they don't agree with, with out being rude. This is not the case when it comes to non preterists discussing end times.
There is no mid-trib as you put it, I am assuming you are talking about the middle of the week the middle of the 7 years?.

Jesus said when you see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet 21For then shall be great tribulation,

Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand.

21 For then shall be great tribulation,

So the tribulation doesn’t start until the middle of the week, the middle of the 7 years. The tribulation is for 3 ½ years not 7.

And as for the wrath, here we are in the heavens standing on the sea of glass AFTER getting the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, THEN the seven angels having the seven last plagues pour out his vial upon the earth, and upon the men that have the mark and worshipped his image

Rv15:1 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

Rv16:1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,

So as you can see there is no mid-trib, and the wrath is for the wicked AFTER we get the victory over the beast and his image.

A

Abiding

I met them at Wallmart, but they made promise
not to tell anyone who they are.:eek:

A

Anonimous

Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and Zechariah all describe the time they were told by God to bring a message as part of their message. Isaiah calls his wife the "prophetess". Habbakuk calls himself a prophet. Zechariah 13:5 speaks of a time when people will stop calling themselves prophets. Paul calls himself an apostle in myabe half of his letters.
I guess what I was really trying to say was that those who were prophets did n't go around introducing themselves as such. I know they were recognized as being from God. I was thinking of some of these people on TV who introduce themselves as Apostle Steve, or Prophet Marjin. Little joke there on my part.

K

kenisyes

I guess what I was really trying to say was that those who were prophets did n't go around introducing themselves as such. I know they were recognized as being from God. I was thinking of some of these people on TV who introduce themselves as Apostle Steve, or Prophet Marjin. Little joke there on my part.
I agree, it's obnoxious, and most of these people are not really prophets. In fairness, let's realize that when pastors, and teachers do this, we encourage it. I use my title Professor exactly once in each class (so studetns know they are being taught by a competent teacher), and never again; but I know many who are otherwise. Pastors so often want to be called pastor or reverend. I know many who don't, but it does set the precedent, when you compare pastors and teachers to the fivefold ministry scripture Eph. 4:11

C

crosspreacher

Do not get me wrong, a lot of the people in this group I am about to post is very vulgar and violent. Many also match Matthew 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." The people I speak of is a group of people that preach in the streets day in and day out called the "Hebrew Israelites" Will God choose two men from one of these groups as the two witnesses? Also I think Satan sent also revenous ones out to make the good ones look bad.

But take a look Rev 11:3"And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in SACKCLOTH".

These groups also always wear sackcloth when speaking, and not your everyday clothes. Here is a picture to give a better idea of what I mean,

View attachment 41711
View attachment 41712
View attachment 41713

I have managed to walk by many of these groups and some are "literally" like ravenous wolves, wanting to kill as we speak but not all of them are like that. So from one of these groups, will the Lord raise up two witnesses? These groups by the way are all over the earth, so it may not be just particularly here he will choose them, or he may choose two from different regions. It without a doubt has to be one of these people because, these are actually the only people on earth preaching God's truth in the street like this, and plus wearing sackcloth. I just wanted to share this and see what everyone else thinks. Maybe you all can give suggestions as to who these two witnesses may or will be.
But Who are those Guys?