Theology Debate Part 1 - Soteriology

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

wwjd_kilden

And those who hear the word and are stangled by the cares of the world then? They clearly heard God at some point

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
And those who hear the word and are stangled by the cares of the world then? They clearly heard God at some point
I already explained to you about the four soils a few days ago. Find the post again.

Btw I don't recommend reading Wesley.

J

jimmydiggs

This is part of a document I put together for a friend of mine, that dealt with (somewhat systematically) the Doctrines of Grace.

I have selected verses (some) that speak on the nature of mankind(this includes the ladies).

There should be a document attached to this post.

Also,

Anyone who believes you can "choose" to be saved before regeneration, and/or that you can become unsaved after you are saved, disagrees strongly with the truth of John 3:6.

Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Attachments

W

wwjd_kilden

I already explained to you about the four soils a few days ago. Find the post again.

Btw I don't recommend reading Wesley.

No worries, people in here are confusing enough, I stick to the bible when reading Christian literature ;) :)

P

Paulie079

OK. But there is no "free will" (in justification in particular and in spiritual matters in general).
All of this I used to agree with, but as I said in my first post, I don't believe that it is this cut-and-dry. Scripture holds God's sovereignty and human responsibility in tension with each other.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
All of this I used to agree with, but as I said in my first post, I don't believe that it is this cut-and-dry. Scripture holds God's sovereignty and human responsibility in tension with each other.
How works that tension then?

Do you see any difference in the pre- versus post-regenerate state of man? I see a huge difference between these two.

Natural men are really dead in their sins. They can't do or want a thing that pleases God.

P

Paulie079

How works that tension then?

Do you see any difference in the pre- versus post-regenerate state of man? I see a huge difference between these two.

Natural men are really dead in their sins. They can't do or want a thing that pleases God.
That's something that I want to study and try to work out more. But I think there is a point where it's incredibly difficult (and possibly even impossible) to understand it.

I'm headed out the door for the day right now, but when I get back, I'll post an example. Thanks for your patience :)