This is pleasing to God?????????

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Mitspa

Signs and wonders follow true believers ....many who have followed after signs and wonders have been led astray. I know some of these types of people and they are so determined to be seen as spiritual they will accept any spirit. Sound doctrine, faith and love are the ways of God.

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
Here you go Willie,

"Thus all Israel brought up the ark of the covenant of the Lord with....shouting, and with the sound of the cornet, and with trumpets, and with cymbals, making a noise with psalteries and harps."
1Chron. 15:28

Sorry Willie, no primitive drums.

Are drums really so much more different than banging cymbals? Also I saw no verse that said "no drums" in the bible.

I actually thought we were worried about the unbiblical teachings of this group, like Christ being an angel and how they can become one with Him with drums and chanting, and not just on the fact that they were playing drums and dancing? If it were just that alone, Id post about how God said it is okay to praise Him with music and dance.

E

ember

Anyone have any idea why the clothes of King David would literally be shaken right off his body as he danced before the Lord in worship? I'm just curious as to why that would have happened.

where does it say his clothes came off?

E

ember

That's an urban legend! David wasn't naked, 2Sam.6:14 and 1Chron.15:27 testify to the fact that David wore a "linen ephod". Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
there yah go!!!

E

ember

I wasn't searching for something like that. I was looking for information on a guy named Terry Bennett, who is supposed to be a prophetic minister. I accidently ran across this as this Bennett is involved with some guy named Rick Joyner and the video is from Joyners church.

I think it's interestiing in the sense that it proves how people can give into carnal fleshy things. The music has a lot to do with setting the tone.

There are a vast network...or there is? anyway...of false prophets

Many are on TV and what they prophesy does not happen but on they go and people keep handing over the farm to them to keep them going

All I can say is this::

"Behold, days are coming," declares the Lord GOD, "When I will send a famine on the land, Not a famine for bread or a thirst for water, But rather for hearing the words of the LORD. Amos 8:11

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
He responded with this

Those were Michal's words not mine...

Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel to day, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself!
(2Sa 6:20)

E

ember

Following are not my words, source at bottom of post

I don’t know where the idea arrived that David danced naked before the Lord. But that is one of the very common statements thrown at believers to excuse all kinds of behavior, especially Rick Pino type of services.

The only place I found even a mention that might could refer to undress was in Thomas Nelson’s Bible Dictionary, but that is a very poor resource. It implies that all David wore was the equivalent of a loin cloth. But just a simple reading of Scripture will show that the ephod was much more than a loin cloth.
“Then David danced before the Lord with all his might; and David was wearing [only] a linen ephod [loincloth, kilt, or apron]” (2 Samuel 6:14). Whatever garment David was wearing, it apparently scandalized Michal, who accused him of lewd, base behavior-of “uncovering himself in the eyes of the maids” (2 Samuel 6:20).
(from Nelson’s Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Copyright © 1986, Thomas Nelson Publishers)
Just because a jealous individual says that someone is doing wrong does not make it so. From the punishment Michal received, it is obvious that she was the one in the wrong.
It is obvious from the Bible just exactly what David wore.
2 Samuel 6:14 (ESV) And David danced before the Lord with all his might. And David was wearing a linen ephod.
1 Chronicles 15:27 (ESV) David was clothed with a robe of fine linen, as also were all the Levites who were carrying the ark, and the singers and Chenaniah the leader of the music of the singers. And David wore a linen ephod.

source

P

pottersclay

​I was waiting for Bob Dylan to break out in harmony.....what happened?