This may seem like an odd and funny thing to pray for but...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Stranger36147

Could you please pray that God takes away my severe fear of roaches?

We're having a little bit of a roach problem in our house right now. I don't think it's reached the point of infestation, but we're seeing them here and there in various places in our house.

It's odd because before recently, we hardly ever had any roaches in our house. And we keep a clean house and don't leave food out or anything so I don't know why they keep wanting to come in here.

We've sprayed bug spray all around the house but we're still seeing them here and there.

What makes it even worse is that I'm super afraid of them. Whenever I see a living one, I always have to get someone else to kill it. I can't even get close to one.

Bottom line, please pray that God takes away my phobia so I have the courage to kill them myself when I see one. Thank you.

G

Galatea

We're having a little bit of a roach problem in our house right now. I don't think it's reached the point of infestation, but we're seeing them here and there in various places in our house.

It's odd because before recently, we hardly ever had any roaches in our house. And we keep a clean house and don't leave food out or anything so I don't know why they keep wanting to come in here.

We've sprayed bug spray all around the house but we're still seeing them here and there.

What makes it even worse is that I'm super afraid of them. Whenever I see a living one, I always have to get someone else to kill it. I can't even get close to one.

Bottom line, please pray that God takes away my phobia so I have the courage to kill them myself when I see one. Thank you.
Do you live around a lot of pine trees? They are common around pine trees for some reason. The best thing for them is Boric acid- it is powder. If you have children or pets, you need to be careful as it could be poisonous to them. Sometimes boric acid is sold in tablet form and is not as messy as the loose powder. My sister also has a fear of them, so it is not an unusual thing for an adult to be frightened about.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
yes Lord give Stranger36147, courage, remove the fears to deal with this roaches. Lord please bless Stranger36147 and let Stranger36147 feel your power , in Jesus Holy name, Amen!

S

Stranger36147

Yeah, there are a lot of trees around where I live. Right now, I'm shaken up because I just saw a big one in the hallway and had to get my sister to kill it. That pretty much ruined my night.

Dec 3, 2016
Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

God has already given mankind authority over creeping things upon the earth so start thanking / praising Him for this as you control your thought life thru the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit which is able to quench every fiery dart of the devil

As you thank and praise the Lord for the authority He has already given man over the creeps... expect changes to occur in the way you see these little critters. I don't like 'em either, but once I see one I'm on a mission to seek and destroy as there is not fear of them other than being surprised to see one when I do.

Ephesians 6:12-18
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints

Here's another good one to thank and praise God for that is true for you right now!

Luke 10:19

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

S

Stranger36147

yes Lord give Stranger36147, courage, remove the fears to deal with this roaches. Lord please bless Stranger36147 and let Stranger36147 feel your power , in Jesus Holy name, Amen!
Thank you very much, my friend. :)

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Just try to kill the roaches on your own. The more you do that, the less afraid you will be of them. I don't like roaches either. I will pray for you and your house. Maybe try to get a bug exterminator.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
praying....

we've never had this problem, thank God, but i imagine they're creepy, and don't blame you.
my husband has seen them at work (he's a contract painter) and detests them.

May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble!
May the name of the God of Jacob protect you!
May he send you help from the sanctuary
and give you support from Zion!
(Ps 20:1-2)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Roaches are dang near impossible to kill. :/ Regular bug spray and traps won't kill them. Where there are a few, there IS an infestation. :(

N

NoNameMcgee

to be honest

thats a very reasonable thing to pray for in my opinion

not for the roaches to leave

or a new house

but to overcome a worldly fear

kudos to you

also it could be neighbors

dirty neighbors can have many roaches
which will put em close enough to detect your trash

best thing you could do is starve em

keep as much trash as possible outside

all dry foods in bags

and sealed containers for whatever trash you have to keep inside after 1 final DEEP cleaning

N

NoNameMcgee

i dont suggest lure traps INSIDE but OUTSIDE your house

this should limit your problem