This Month we in America Celebrate Black History

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I agree I always get a chuckle out of it when filling out forms because they ask for "race", then in a completely separate place they ask if "Latino or Hispanic"(which is correct because neither are a race),lol... I like explaining to census takers and other office employees that in fact all Hispanics are Latino but not all Latinos are Hispanic(some speak other languages). If they ask if I am Mexican I then have to explain to them that Mexican means that a person is a citizen of the nation named Mexico and that there are different races of people in Mexico(the nation). By then most times they ask if I'm American and so I have to explain to them that America is the name of a continent and not a country and that people in South America are in fact Americans the same as those in Central and north America are Americans. It all starts because they noticed that in the section where they ask race I checked white but then in the section where they ask if Hispanic or Latino I checked Hispanic. https://www.britannica.com/story/whats-the-difference-between-hispanic-and-latino
I think some questionnaires offer an "other" box to check, and then provide room for explanation and I'd rather just write, "Welllll,...."

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
Yep, I saw that no one laughed at my adding Fani Willis and Nathan Wade to a thread on Black History Month. This should not be viewed as racist as I have made innumerable jokes about Joe Biden who is now part of White history. I have made fun of Kamala Harris who is part Indian American history (from India and Jamaican mix).
I was going to, but wasn't sure I should. You know how I don't like controversy. I did think it was funny.

Dec 29, 2023
This Month we in America Celebrate Black History
What months do we celebrate of races other than black?

If we are going to have a society where everyone is equal, then we cannot just celebrate black history without also celebrating history for all other races as well.

Unless black get special treatment or something?

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Dec 29, 2023
speaking of healthcare,,, do they have estate recovery in your state? I have both a family member and a friend who have had their property/homes seized in the recovery program in Texas. I think it went in effect in Texas in 2005 for those on SS,SSDI,medicare ect. but I'm confused if they will take my home when I die or my wife(which ever is first)? https://www.hhs.texas.gov/regulations/legal-information/your-guide-medicaid-estate-recovery-program
Now if one is an illegal alien, they get all healthcare for free.

It's only American tax payers that get penalized because being a tax payer has it's benefits /sarcasm

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
True. The reality is, there are different races. Nothing can change that. We can look at people in a bad way or a good way.

I think skin tone is the least factor. I've talked to people from different countries in Africa and those whose ancestors go away back to America. There was little in common culturally and even morally with some.

For instance, there are plenty of differences with countries and tribal areas too. Go to Haiti and they were cursed by Voodoo and a gt that had a ceremony to devote their country to the devil. Across the channel of water from that big island, the people look the same skin tone, but are much different in many ways.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Now if one is an illegal alien, they get all healthcare for free.
Only health care? No. They get everything for free so that they can illegally vote for the evil Democrats. No taxpayer ever had it this good, but taxpayers must pay for this perverted generosity.

The whole Latin American world -- especially the cartels - are laughing at the stupid gringos. The cartels just laughed because a National Guard helicopter crashed at the border, killing 3 people. But so is the rest of the world, especially the enemies of America. RFK Jr gave his own SOTU message and spoke the truth. But the evil Democrats want to block him from running. So there is both corruption and incompetence in every respect in America under Biden and his incompetent people.

Dec 29, 2023
Only health care? No. They get everything for free
See, now that might be a good retirement plan right there!

Go hang around the border and when you see the border patrol just turn yourself in and tell them in some strange accent that Senior Biben said to come on over