This One's for the boys!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Okay, to be very honest.....In my own mind, i truly didnt believe any of you could answer this.
Oh! Oh! Nobody replied to my thread in the first two hours!!! Nobody can answer it!!!

I was hoping someone would prove me wrong. Never happens.
Single girls?, run and hide.........
For this last sentence, I shall give you the prestigious Ten Eyerolls Award.

:rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

J

Jullianna

Not all of the men who visit this forum seek to be fathers. Not all seek to be husbands. What they do clearly seek to be (after 2 years of reading their posts) is godly men who cherish women, in spite of their teasing. God can surely take it from there.

Apr 30, 2012
Or just be single billionaire playboy philanthropists. If possible with the suit of armor...

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
Ahh..another one of these threads...

As a man, I try my best to seek God first while struggling through this crazy life. That's the best I can do.
I certainly don't need a woman (or man) to tell me who or what I personally should be. That's God's job. We each have our own callings.

S

Strong1

Hmm that's an interesting thought. Maybe what one mans role is to one relationship is completely diff to another? But their personal role is still valid. Nice.

J

Jullianna

Or just be single billionaire playboy philanthropists. If possible with the suit of armor...
hmmm...suits of armor might get a lil rusty hangin by the playboy pool...

S

Strong1

Oh! Oh! Nobody replied to my thread in the first two hours!!! Nobody can answer it!!!

For this last sentence, I shall give you the prestigious Ten Eyerolls Award.

:rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
And it was more like...10 mins :p

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Not all of the men who visit this forum seek to be fathers. Not all seek to be husbands. What they do clearly seek to be (after 2 years of reading their posts) is godly men who cherish women, in spite of their teasing. God can surely take it from there.
There Jullianna goes about people teasing her again. ;)

I just wasn't (and still am not) sure whether she was looking for the scriptural answer which I gave, or more along the lines of how that scriptural answer plays out in real life. To a certain degree how that scriptural role becomes reality in a relationship is going to vary somewhat from one couple to the next based on their understanding of scripture, maturity in the Lord, and capability. For example 1 Timothy teaches that a man who does not provide for his family is worse than the heathens. However, for many families today, the wife is the primary earner not because her husband is lazy but because his particular vocation doesn't pay well and hers does.

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
Just a thought, but I get the impression that the creation of this thread had more to do with a SPECIFIC man in a SPECIFIC woman's life, rather than the charming (generally :D) and gentlemanly (generally:D) guys of CC. Sooooooooo...........

Before we girls go railing on guys in general, perhaps we should stop and examine ourselves to see if WE are being everything WE can be to support the men in our lives, to encourage them, build them up, and help them fulfill their Godly callings. Goys might ignore nagging, but a little gentle feminine encouragement goes a long way, in my experience ;)

Apr 30, 2012
hmmm...suits of armor might get a lil rusty hangin by the playboy pool...
Lol, I watched the Avengers online last night and its from the movie and is actually a quite funny scene.

J

JJAC

Marriage and being the best the best person/husband/father that I can possibly be

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
Wow, thanks for sharing that pheonix....Do you find the Word of God sufficient to teach you?
No I don't find it sufficient. It gives you the principles and theory, but not how to put them into practice for every situation in life. The practice part of it really does need a male role model to make it easier and faster. As I said I'm still trying to figure out the practice part.