To lighten things up To fart or not to fart is that a question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Now this is humorous, NO! I do not report folks so easily, so stop the martyr act.

So you have reported me, I'm just having fun in a forum that is all theocracy and doctrinal and I think that most ccer's agree. If I am banned then at least these people had a laugh for the moment.

K

Kerry

I like you Jack, I'm just trying to lighten things up and that's all, the message I try to convey is Christ and Him crucified and I by no means meant to to offend you.

But, come on Jack, you have farted in church, we all have.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I do not confess to what I have not committed. Also, read the Old Testament and see just who is allowed in the tent of the meeting, and later, in the temple. Even underwear were first mentioned in the Old Testament for the priests so that when they bowed before the altar, they were not shamed by showing their personal parts.

The sacrifices were to be without blemish, a precursor and prophecy of the Lamb of Yahweh.

One could not be a priest with any kind of a blemish.

One could not attend if he or she had an issue of any kind, and it is certain gas is an issue.

Now, I do not believe this is so today, however in respect to what the Father expected from the Children of Israel, I try my best to be as He prefers.

I would not enter any meeting were I in a state of flatulence. As far as I know,I have never even used the Church toilets, but that is just I. I do not expect others to be so uptight about things..

I do not like Disney Studio humor introduced into the worship and study of our Word, Yeshua. I was blessed to have actually met and conversed with Walt Disney, and I can tell you, the humor of the DS movies since his demise would never have been condoned by him. No, for me, food fights, slime, farts and burps, etc. are not funny. Perhaps it is due to my having experienced hunger and nutrition related disease as a child. I respect the blessings from above and the integrity of the convocation to worship. This is my feeling about it all, and no commentary from any in this thread can or should change that. You see, it does no harm to anyone, however this thread could easily harm the faith of some who are weak in that faith.

Timeline

Mar 20, 2014
So you have reported me, I'm just having fun in a forum that is all theocracy and doctrinal and I think that most ccer's agree. If I am banned then at least these people had a laugh for the moment.
I was just thinking about that word, umm, I believe it was last night (or the night before last). Anyway....people seem to get so offended by it. And when, for what ever the reason, the topic comes up, it is an uncomfortable search for the right word, that usually (for me anyway) ends up being "gas" or "fart". I don't really know why the word itself is offensive, while I do understand why what is describes is.

P.S. I spend A LOT of time alone. I am a security officer at a university and I work from Midnight to 8am. Then, during the school year, I spend my days with a little girl (4 'til Oct.) and a baby (7 months -right now). So my mind wonders quite a bit. Plenty of time to search the mysteries of life. Though I am not sure how many answers I have acquired - the questions abound.

Last edited:

notuptome

May 17, 2013
You actually missed the whole point. It is the result of the corruption of the world due to sin. It takes a very base mind to ponder the earthly side of the body in relation to our Lord.

Was the body of Jesus corrupted by sin? Scripture states that He was made in the likeness of sinful flesh yet without sin. Time spent pondering the Lord in the light of what relationship He seeks with us seems better spent than imputing rather vulgar bodily functions to the Lord of Glory.

Love the Lord with all your strength. All.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I said to lighten things up and sometimes we need a laugh and God gave us the fart did He not.
What's so funny about normal biological functions and shouldn't this be in Miscellaneous?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
What's so funny about normal biological functions and shouldn't this be in Miscellaneous?
I didn't get the joke either. This should be in Miscellaneous under the Recycle Bin thread if there was one.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Kerry, farting is a bodily function..as mentioned before, we ALL do it..even the ones who claim it's disgusting to talk about. I say people on here need to lighten up a bit.. stop being so huffy and stodgy!! This IS a public forum, we DO like humor..and I notice you havent been banned yet..lol..so your doing something right because even the mods have a sense of humor too. ;) I bet everyone here has a "farting story"..so c'mon ppl, share!!! Did Jesus ever fart? Of course he did!! God does have a sense of humor, and I'm sure he's rather amused right now!! :) I know that when I fart, or burp or sneeze, lol, my cat gets scared and takes off running!! And man, when SHE farts, peeheeyewwww!!! :p ​Admit it folks, farts ARE funny!!

damian002

Jun 12, 2014
Kerry, farting is a bodily function..as mentioned before, we ALL do it..even the ones who claim it's disgusting to talk about. I say people on here need to lighten up a bit.. stop being so huffy and stodgy!! This IS a public forum, we DO like humor..and I notice you havent been banned yet..lol..so your doing something right because even the mods have a sense of humor too. ;) I bet everyone here has a "farting story"..so c'mon ppl, share!!! Did Jesus ever fart? Of course he did!! God does have a sense of humor, and I'm sure he's rather amused right now!! :) I know that when I fart, or burp or sneeze, lol, my cat gets scared and takes off running!! And man, when SHE farts, peeheeyewwww!!! :p ​Admit it folks, farts ARE funny!!
I find it insulting when you said that Jesus farted. His food consumption was perfect and well taken care of for that to happen.
If our food consumption and its amount are perfect, farting can hardly happen. If you really pay attention to what food you eat when farting happens, you will know that you either ate too much, or the food combination was just bizarre.

But one thing I must admit is that Jesus did use the toilets, obviously, because the Bible says He became man or flesh, so yeah.

Now, let's stop talking about this and blame the moderators.

Haha.
Peace sister.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
...those times when you think your alone at the supermarket, or the library, or at work so you let one rip and then five seconds later someone comes around the corner...that has happened so many times lol

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
...those times when you think your alone at the supermarket, or the library, or at work so you let one rip and then five seconds later someone comes around the corner...that has happened so many times lol

breno, ha ha!! At least YOU have a sense of humor about this topic!! :)