To The Stumbling Blocks

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
A while back the covenant Yahweh made with Abraham came into my mind. I posted how it is one covenant, and it was to be fulfilled through Isaac, the child of promise. You and I are children of promise because of Yeshua, for He is the one promised so we too may live by the faith of Abraham.

Almost as if to underscore this medittion, this morning my reading took me to Galatians where I read the following.

Gal 3:16
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
Gal 3:18
For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Gal 3:19
Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Gal 3:20
Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

Gal 3:21
Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Gal 3:22
But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Gal 3:23
But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Gal 3:24
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Gal 3:25
But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Gal 3:26
For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Gal 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Gal 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Gal 3:29
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Am I to understand, again, that the covenant made with Abraham is the ONLY covenant? Yes, for me it is the only covenant for the law which came 430 years after did not rescind this covenanted promise of the coming faith in Yeshua.

May I please mention again one of the scriptures showing the difference between the law and the Commandments? Here I will place it below, thank you.

1Co 7:19
Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing; but the keeping of the commandments of God.

So to be circumcised, the law, and uncirumcision breaking the law is NOTHING, but the Commandments of Yahweh are extant.

The law was never for those under grace with the gift of the faith of Abraham, it is clear since Genesis and Abraham to whom the promise was made. Nothing annuls this promise, not the law and not any theology of mankind.

Sep 8, 2012
The law is a schoolmaster.
The law shows the nature of perfection. - (God's....notice the prevalence of the shedding of blood)
Try shedding your own blood, try dying for your own sins over and over again.
As it was, four times a year hundreds of thousands of innocent animals were slain.
Why? - Why do you think? The desperate condition of fallen man to Holy God.
- - Is the sacrifice of an innocent life a small thing? The blood pours out like fountain.
The life is in the blood. The life pours out upon the ground.
Serious yet?
The Holy Life of Christ pours out on soil. (We are dust, we go back to it; we are the soil)
Jesus defeated death - (His ultimate sacrifice once and for all was spilled into the ground, into the dust while His enemies mocked Him no less.)
I should say the ultimate ending of the perfect life was so important to God, that He had millions of innocent animals go on before it -being slaughtered. - Being cut down to the ground, killed while standing; - life pouring out.
I should say the law is a serious thing,......as it is the schoolmaster that points to God being butchered for me.
And that perfect life(the life is in the blood), flowing down to this dust which will return to dust(my body).
These elements that amount to ashes shall return to ashes.
Yet Jesus was the only sacrifice that was lifted up - "If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me".
So His perfect life runs down on my dust and ashes. - And makes me alive.
I should say the law is a serious thing.
Why? - Because it points to Jesus Christ.
- - It is very serious, very serious.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RickShafer again.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Rick, what you have posted is said many times and in many manners, but your choice of words draws the lesson home, at leasst for me..................thank you.

"The point is the life of Jesus Christ is greater than our failures."

I believe everyone should always remember this, always.

Sep 8, 2012
Rick, what you have posted is said many times and in many manners, but your choice of words draws the lesson home, at leasst for me..................thank you.

"The point is the life of Jesus Christ is greater than our failures."

I believe everyone should always remember this, always.
Thank you my brother!
I love your spirit of total regard to what you say, as if you are saying it in front of God, - (which we all are).
And it's not something you think about. It is in your spirit and it flows naturally.
I see the love of Christ in every post.
You are a fine example of Christian charity.

Last edited:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Thanks, but I really have a lot of work to do.

This forum has shown me things I never thought existed, in individuals and in the Word. Much has been a warning of what is to come.

Just as our Savior is our Example for good, there are examples of what not to do or follow. Forgive my ignorance, but the full brunt of the enemy never quite dawned on me, heart and soul until experiencing this forum.

For this I am very grateful.

Good always proceeds from evil when we love Yeshua, and it is proceeding from here for those folks.

I hope this makes sense.

Again, there is a lot of work to be done on me, and Yeshua is doing it. Yahweh bless you and hold you close.

May Yahweh continue to allow his wisdom to flow through you, amen.

Sep 8, 2012
We all are but soil.
The blood flows onto our souls.
I am quick to rip others.
This is not good.
Jesus is the life, the life is in His blood which flows into the soil.
Adam - Clay.
We are made of clay.
I'd say we all need a savior.
It's just so easy to blast when the words appear in my mind.
This too is pride.
What good is it to rip? Ministry of correction?
Nope.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I hear you, and will try to do...

B

BradC

None of us will be able to convince Jews or converted Jews to not honor or live outside the righteousness of the ten commandments of the Torah. Many have tried to do it with limited success. Until the Spirit can convert the human heart through an abundance of grace through the righteousness of Christ, the heart will always live according to the conscience that is filled up with the righteousness of some law. That is not bad or evil, it's just the function of the law of the mind and heart that is under the law of sin and death. Morality is expressed when we keep the law without transgressing it. Spirituality is living by faith according to the Spirit of life that has set me free from the law of sin and death. If I break the law and transgress it, the Spirit of life gives me grace to keep me from being condemned by the law I transgressed. If I choose to live under the law and transgress it, it will work against me.

But, if I live under grace and I fail through the law of sin and death that abides in the members of my own body, God goes into action to make grace abound toward me to let me know that my failure and sin was paid for by Christ and by faith I can confess my sin, receive grace and be free to be restored in my walk with God. If Jesus Christ did not justify us when we believed none of this would be possible. To trust in keeping the law to make this happen or to make up for our transgressions is putting the blood of the cross and the righteousness of Christ aside and leaning on our own works of righteousness to appease our own conscience that we have done what is right according to the commandments. The just shall live by faith according to the righteousness of Jesus Christ, who not only fulfilled the law but crucified the old man and the flesh that abides under the law of sin and death.

Rom 8:2-4 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Jan 27, 2013
sorry i have been busy.
Some discernment must be applied to all of the Word, (as it does in life).
C'mon.
my first post, this was dircted to the start of gentils getting saved. yet you only picked up on( 1234)( in the whole post.).
( to why they gathered in the first place')
1Certain people came down from Judea to Antioch and were teaching the believers: "Unless you are circumcised, according to the custom taught by Moses, you cannot be saved."
26The apostles and elders met to consider this question
( 1234)this is there conclution. not mine.
44While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message.45The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles.(how a gentile got , the holy spirit) by listening to the words that were said.
they recieved the holy spirit by beilieving ,what they heard.
if you dont know the root of beginings ,(that are in the bible) how can you desern any thing. pointing out, jewish, jewish christain, gentile and gentile christain' came to know god,jesus and the holy spirt, in different, ways.times and eras etc.
and because we have jumped in and out of laws and decrees and grace(in our own understanding trying to convey, what god is say to us all, who posted on this forum. ) in this forum. i though there was a lot of confution, in how some things had been said. (yes i know, expert writer me, lol)
The law.
for example, the parasee , teacher of the law. used this laws and decrees .to bring condemnation, charge ,fault, etc (no charge , that could stick)
but seeked to kill,.
then they tryed to convince, the romans,(goverment , man in charge, etc) to find charge ,fault, condemnation. etc
but then seeked. to kill with propaganda of the people.etc.
then came the cross etc.
if i break the law of the land, by reading the news paper, tv(news).etc. i dont need the bible for this. etc i will land in jail. etc
Revelation 2
23I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.
2 Timothy 3
16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the servant of God[1] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
jesus, taught love your nabour, (also wrote in lev, love thy nabour)
so if i use the bible to find condemnation or find fault, in churches or ways to hinder an other/others etc ( the yeast of the parasee)
when i have been shown grace, mercy and no condemnation.(by the holy spirit;)
it is jesus christ, that brings together. jewish christain and gentile christain together. by grace, not by works.
Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds,

Jan 27, 2013
that holy spirit(Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds,)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I live in the grace of Yeshua, probably more than many here who criticize.
This introductory phrase was chosen to stress grace in my walk with Yahweh. His grace is new every morning, for me anyway.

It seems criticism is invited if I confess this, and if I do not mention it at all, thus any posted replies which are criticizing the phrase or anyone is in their heart, think about it for a while. Perhaps you will learn to accept some people who love Yahweh, walk in His grace, yet observe what the Father wants. You really do know the difference. If not, I am very sorry.

His grace is by the Blood of Yeshua. I will confess once more, Yeshua is my Savior, and my salvation is only through His great sacrifice for me and all who have accepted Him. If wanting to be as obedient to His will as is possible for our frame is unacceptable to some, I know He loves me for wanting to try to please Him. No man is justified by any law. They go together quite well.

Do not teach against the commandments outlining good behavior, Jesus says not to.