UN Official: Israel Should be Investigated for Chemical Weapons

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 18, 2013
If Israel has chemical weapons it would prudent for them to destroy them. I have not seen clear evidence that Israel has chemical weapons.

Supposing though that Israel does have chemical weapons; if one is going to hold Israel to the same standard as Syria then they should know that no one forced Syria to give up chemical weapons, but rather that the Assad regime agreed on its own volition to destroy its chemical weapons. The UN cannot make any nation do anything. The UN can only oversee and aid in such an action if it is chosen.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Israel has a large store of chemical weapons, A top United Nations charged Wednesday.

A report on Israel Radio quoted the official as saying that the UN needed to begin an investigation of Israel on its chemical weapons stores, as it did with Syria.

The anonymous official said he was unable to specify important what kinds of weapons or how much of them were in Israel's possession. However, he said they were “substantial.”

Israel has been accused for decades of having chemical weapons (CW).

Official: Investigate Israel Over Chemical Weapons - Defense/Security - News - Arutz Sheva

Nothing will come from this. This has been going on since 1982. Some countries are held to account for what they do. Not Israel thus, with no controls in place, they have spiralled out of control in the war crimes they perform. They have reached a point now, with the world opinion against them, that they need to pay university students to circulate pro israeli information. Some may have made their way to this site from some of the cold hearted posts I see.
World opinion has always been against Israel. Personally, I don't care what type of weapons they have. They also have a bunch of nukes too and I don't think that they are going to dismantle them anytime soon despite anything that the UN says. The UN is about worthless. The United States should stop funding this organization and tell them to vacate the premises.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
LOL! The vast majority of Jews (in Israel today) are unbelieving secularists! :p
A poorly thought our response. This is one of the immediate things people say to reject the covenant God made with the Jews as being valid in order to continue with the lie of replacement theology.

If you read your old Testament you will see that all through history the Jewish population have been unbelievers. Even when God led them out of slavery, led them as a pillar of fire, provided all their needs, they still rejected God.

M

Mitspa

LOL! The vast majority of Jews (in Israel today) are unbelieving secularists! :p
So? They are still Gods chosen people...just as His Word clearly declares!

Ro 10:21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

Ro 11:1 ¶ I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Aug 15, 2009
The "anonymous" UN investigator obviously is very ignorant if he thinks that Israel and North Korea are the only two countries with large stockpiles of chemical weapons.

All it takes is a few minutes on Wiki to know that the US has huge stockpiles of chemical weapons also albeit the US is actively destroying their stockpile.
If they are it's so they can replace them with better ones. And let's not forget the US contracts with pharmaceutical companies to create biological weapons too.....:rolleyes: (I never believe what they tell me)

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
the big giveaway of anti semites is that they constantly hold one particular country to standards they don't require of any other nation...and then they expect us to believe that it is just a coincidence that this particular state happens to be jewish...
Do you mean when Iraq imaginarily break a WMD resolution it is invaded where Israel has broken 66 resolutions and it is ignored ?

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
They also have the H-bomb...and Im glad and gladly support them and no one pays me anything :)

Then you must be most pleased with Israel stand where Creveld was asked if he was worried about Israel becoming a rogue state if it carried out a genocidal deportation against Palestinians, Creveld quoted former Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Dayan who said "Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother."

Creveld argued that Israel wouldn't care much about becoming a rogue state.

"We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets of our air force."

"Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: Our armed forces are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that this will happen before Israel goes under".

Israeli Prof - Israel 'Can Take The World Down With Us'

Most reassuring especially if you live in Europe. Try to take off the blinkers

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
A poorly thought our response. This is one of the immediate things people say to reject the covenant God made with the Jews as being valid in order to continue with the lie of replacement theology.

If you read your old Testament you will see that all through history the Jewish population have been unbelievers. Even when God led them out of slavery, led them as a pillar of fire, provided all their needs, they still rejected God.

Actually they were still believers when they were slaves. They were being oppressed so their substance was poor. Their belief and plea to God is what saved them.

During that long period, the king of Egypt died. The Israelites groaned in their slavery and cried out, and their cry for help because of their slavery went up to God. 24 God heard their groaning and he remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac and with Jacob. 25 So God looked on the Israelites and was concerned about them.

Exodus 2:23