Urgent: Mom Might Not Make It 🥺

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 17, 2023
I have the number of the ward, but the admin or person taking my calls is the go between and I have not been able to get a call back from a physician. I asked for email or some other way to get in touch and was told she'd leave the weekend doctor a paper note. He made his rounds 3 hours before the time I was told.

So far, the first communication has been to be here when he made his rounds yesterday.
The insistance on fluids is the key factor for saving her life right now. I am going to try to get some sleep now so I can think clearly when I go to see the dietician today. My brother's wife and kids are left out of the picture and he is working today. I'm taking this a day at a time. I have 3 meetings today with different hospital staff.

Thank you for taking such interest in helping and praying. ❤️

Yeah, I have a Mom too in her old age. I always pray that God keeps her alive. She drive me crazy sometimes, but I love her, lol!

Also because your Mom's case in the hospital is a bit alarming. I'm really praying for her because I don't want anything else to happen that can make her worse. I just want her to be made miraculously well despite the fact that the hospital is trying to draw out her stay.

I've never really seen anything like this to be honest. So far, all the hospitals I've ever been in were in my experience good, admitting people only when they really needed to be. The VA medical system is pretty good about this. I also think big city hospitals have to operate this way as well since they are so busy.

But this hospital is in West Virginia near WVU? Maybe it's not too busy that they want to try to skim health insurance off patients to make money? *Shrug* Either way, I'm sure your Mom doesn't want to be there and just wants to go home. I know I would. Will keep praying for her to become healthy no matter what they do and that the Lord protects her from all unnecessary procedures. Please keep us all informed!

🍓

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
I really appreciate that.
It's something I talked to an old surgeon this morning. I asked for a large diameter PEG Tube to replace the one that came out when Mom fell out of bed. You read that right. My Mother fell out of bed when I was just ready to go to bed at home. I got a text from my brother. He didn't have any details, so I called the desk near her room. They hung up and took it off the hook while it was ringing.
Talk about upsetting.
When I got back to the hospital, they were doing a CT scan and X-rays.

The story was that they think the heavy boots they put on pulled her the rest of the way off the bed. In spite of that, they put the same boots back on. I took them off.
The first thing that came to mind is a foam fall pad on both sides.